Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Pretty good initial period of an expansion, I'll give it that. Not sure about the best though, it's hard to gauge. I don't think I ever not enjoyed a new expansion.
    Exactly. I loved WoD for the first couple of weeks. Legion is great because it's fresh and new and WoD was a shitfest in the end. I can tell already though that grinding artifact power will be tedious and pvp will be a mess unless people can have full artifacts given to them in pvp instances. Far too much power lies in those weapons. Being behind will put people at severe disadvantages.

Good luck having an alt this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    No, what you have in Legion is lazy recycling of content. You're just thrilled because it's been a year since there was anything to do. So thrilled that you didn't even register that you spent your initial artifact quest revisiting cataclysm, pandaria or some other random bit of previous content.
    You're intentionally conflating areas with content. We never had these quests before; this is new content.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    The zones are absolutely not enjoyable. Highmountain and Suramar have numerous caves, mountains, cliffs, did i mention caves, and the player is constantly second guessing himself which path is the correct one. WoW is not a adventure game where half the fun is in figuring out the correct path, its a grindy MMO game, people are not intrigued by "hmm where do i go now?" mindset in a MMO. Its not that kind of game. The geometry in the world is practically made for flying mounts.

There is no sense of advancement of your character. You feel as powerful at 110 in 830 gear as you were at 101. You have the same abilities even. The only place where the 10 new levels are noticeable is in old content. Hypothetically we could be level 390, and we would feel as powerful as we are at 110 and 101. The entire concept of a MMORPG is to push your character forward. This is gone.

In a month you will be doing the same rotation, doing mostly the same amount of damage/healing and doing the same quests, you will become a panther in Highmountain and kill random mobs, you will turn into a Murloc and kill some mobs in north Highmountain, in Aszuna you will hunt down some demon, in Suramar you will kill 3 guys who drop letters etc etc. You will have a few more artifact passives, and you will be grinding 40k AP for the next marginal upgrade.

When that moment comes, you can start asking fanboys whether Legion is "the greatest xpac eva!".

Right, sure.

Like when during that first week in wrath you made it dalaran, an amazing new city in the game. Compared to this first week of legion when you made it to dalaran.........hey wait, did you get duped and resold previous expansions material? Yes, yes you did sucker.

How's that new exciting mission table?
    This is the most unintentionally hilarious post I've read today.

Because Wrath of the Lich King didn't have two entire raids that were from previous expansions or anything, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    The zones are absolutely not enjoyable. Highmountain and Suramar have numerous caves, mountains, cliffs, did i mention caves, and the player is constantly second guessing himself which path is the correct one. WoW is not a adventure game where half the fun is in figuring out the correct path, its a grindy MMO game, people are not intrigued by "hmm where do i go now?" mindset in a MMO. Its not that kind of game. The geometry in the world is practically made for flying mounts.
    Hi, I take it you never played Vanilla or earlier expansions where you didn't have a big icon on your map telling you where to go, either?

We get it, you despise exploring and want a big helping hand to point you down a path to follow that's wide and clear as a crayon.

"its a grindy MMO game, people are not intrigued by "hmm where do i go now?"

Would you please mind not putting words in other people's mouths?

"In a month you will be doing the same rotation, doing mostly the same amount of damage/healing and doing the same quests"

WoW's always been like this, what' so different about legion? If it's not a game you enjoy, stop trolling us here. Just leave quietly. In any case if you honestly think people will be doing 'the same amount' of damage and healing, you've obviously never acquired better gear whatsoever.

"The geometry in the world is practically made for flying mounts"

The only way it WOULDN'T be, is if the landscape were flat and boring. You can't have it both ways. The fact we will eventually unlock flying again still too little for you?

"you can start asking fanboys"

Fanboys? Really? GROW UP. Life isn't 'haters and fanboys'. It's not black and white. Believe it or not it is entirely possible to experience a far wider gamut of responses to things rather than simply "I hate it" or "I'm a diehard fan".

In any case half you wrote is moot because the OP didn't ask about 4 months from now. He quite clearly asked if the LAUNCH EXPERIENCE is the best yet or not. But instead of reading this information you saw an opportunity to launch another senseless tirade.
    Last edited by Will; 2016-09-04 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    [...] I haven't seen anything that quite matches up to the wrathgate.
    if you're talking about sad moments, i personally think ysera's passing was more eye watering...ysera was a well-known character. a former dragon aspect that i have invested more in over the years due to books and lore, while wrathgate made me gasp when i first saw it, in the end i didn't really know anybody that died there prior to their deaths. bolvar i haven't met prior to wotlk and i didn't even realize saurfang had a son

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    The zones are absolutely not enjoyable blah
    Here is a perfect example of a person being fully over-absorbed by their complete inability to enjoy themselves. It's kind of sad to see someone being so sucked into that.

No, what you have in Legion is lazy recycling of content. You're just thrilled because it's been a year since there was anything to do. So thrilled that you didn't even register that you spent your initial artifact quest revisiting cataclysm, pandaria or some other random bit of previous content. ...and that you keep doing it in quests throughout the expansion. Lazy Legion Development is really offering nothing new but reskinning the same old content. .....that mission board in your order garrison is screaming it at you.

It's not been a week and the grinds haven't set in yet. But they will, they will. People went nuts in short order over the mop dailies. The artifact six month grind is going to dwarf those cries.

Legion is starting with half the players wod did. Half those people will be gone by the end of the year.
    Uhh, revisiting content like that was utilized extremely well. I loved going back to those areas with a new story. Sorry you hate WoW so much maybe you should play another mmo ??

7+ Year Old Account
    It's good, but I think they went overboard with some things. The profession quest chains are a little overdone.

The talent "Trees" or lack of sucks.

The garrison/class order hall mini-game thing.. meh I still could live without it, happily.

TBC is still tops in my books,

We'll see how the raid content stacks up.

I'm already sick of Surimar and the crack head, heroin-mana sick elves, and it's only beginning. (that's our real first "gate" is the rep on Surimar.

So far though it's blown Wrath Cat, MOP and WOD out of the water. We'll see about raid content.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Easily the best so far. Not even the nostalgia glasses crowd can claim Wrath had a more compelling first week experience.
    I was going to claim the same. And by far legion is the best initial expansion even with my nostalgia glasses still on.

For the initial experience, I'd go:

WoD > Wrath/Legion.

Questing is great in Legion, but I feel WoD had better pacing.

Dungeons in Wrath I feel were better designed then the Legion ones so far. Legions dungeons are way better then WoD's though.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, what you have in Legion is lazy recycling of content. You're just thrilled because it's been a year since there was anything to do. So thrilled that you didn't even register that you spent your initial artifact quest revisiting cataclysm, pandaria or some other random bit of previous content. ...and that you keep doing it in quests throughout the expansion. Lazy Legion Development is really offering nothing new but reskinning the same old content. .....that mission board in your order garrison is screaming it at you.

It's not been a week and the grinds haven't set in yet. But they will, they will. People went nuts in short order over the mop dailies. The artifact six month grind is going to dwarf those cries.

Legion is starting with half the players wod did. Half those people will be gone by the end of the year.
    "The entire rest of the world is irrelevant because game design."

Hate to break it to you but the best RPGs and MMOs out there are finding ways to make older zones attractive for use. Just because we outleveled some place doesn't mean stuff stops happening there. The world should feel alive, and that's one thing WoW has been sorely lacking, a living world where there's relevant stuff going on everywhere.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

My least favourite by far. Not a fan of questing, so that basically makes the entire thing shit for me. Takes forever to get anywhere, so many terrain obstacles, yet no flying. Want to get gears for heroics? have a lot of gold, or go quest for days after you already level.. or i guess you can run dungeons man, but just be sure to shove a few horseshoes up your ass otherwise you'll never get a warforged upgrade so the piece is useful (implying it's a piece you even need).

Basically on the verge of quitting this game already, as alts wont even be an option for me, and gearing alt's is one of my fav things.

Yeah yeah, won't let the door hit me etc, blah blah

Can't judge if anything is the 'best ever' of anything until it's finished being current.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Uhh, revisiting content like that was utilized extremely well. I loved going back to those areas with a new story. Sorry you hate WoW so much maybe you should play another mmo ??
    Agreed. I was absolutely delighted to revisit Dragonblight and Coldarra on my Discipline Priest legendary quest, and then go into the Nexus and have the contents be completely different but within the same map and scenery. Stuff like that really makes it feel like a World of Warcraft.

I think this is the best initial expansion in a very long time. The zones were wonderfully done and filled with all sorts of surprises. I was shocked at the amount of detail that went into little paths, hidden spots and unique caves. It feels like wow to me and I haven't hard that feeling from the open world since LK. I do think there needs to be some new graveyards, I had a ton of problems getting back to my body sometimes. I still think flying should be available at 110, just because of those hidden paths and such.

Still, nothing will ever compare to the feeling when I first went through the dark portal, and the feeling of comfort and safety from Zangramarsh; but today, it would not be enough.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Ask me again in two months.

Defiantly amazing. I still have my wrath nostalgia goggles on but legion is right up there and if it keeps up will without a doubt end up being my second if not my first favorite expansion behind wrath.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

I've been around since beta back in the early 00's and this is by far the best release ever. And tons of content to play through.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Unless you're a Warlock, Our class fantasy got ripped to shreds to make room for Demon Hunters, and to make Fire mages more cool.