Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    There's not enough ways to gear up.

Professions, class garrison set, reputation, they introduced all these sources but they're all bad and irrelevant compared to mythic and in most cases even heroic dungeons. It reminds me a lot of WoD, and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

1) Classes balance. I still don't understand why some classes have so much OP spells. Barrage for Hunter is a great example.
    The overall pruning was ok for some classes, but for others it makes the character boring to play. Hunters come to mind, the "Colossus Smash" 7.0 RetPal (Aoe is kinda ruined if it wasn't for Wake of Ashes, but Im getting use to it, as its my Main). And mostly balance versus different specs. I agree that some specs should by better at single target or AoE by design, but they shouldn't crush the others completely.

2) No flying. I understand that flying can "break" the gaming experience, as you can skip a lot of things, skip "puzzle/climbing" mechanics and such. But the more the game evolve, the less we can fly. Doesnt make sense to me. Why is there so many flying mounts then?

3) No boats/planes for PvP. Where is my aerial PvP battleground? Or battleship bloodfest?

But overall its pretty good so far. I'll be able to tell more once I lvl up 1 or 2 alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawati View Post
    There's not enough ways to gear up.

Professions, class garrison set, reputation, they introduced all these sources but they're all bad and irrelevant compared to mythic and in most cases even heroic dungeons. It reminds me a lot of WoD, and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    Throw in that PVP gear is stuck in RNG boxes when you win and yeah I would have to agree gearing and pruning are the big two.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    I kind of wish Stormheim was less bright and colorful.
    What Stormheim are you playing? It's grey, earth tones and muddy, with a few reddish trees here and there for contrast. I mean, whole chunks of the zone are in rain and fog.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    I thought Azsuna was incredible in every way. The Senegos chain is a gem.
    Runas the Shamed reminded me of people I know who were trying to break addictions that their body couldn't let go of. I almost cried that he couldn't be saved.

Class design, its pathetic.

Deleted
    Horde storyline.

I actually stopped playing my troll mage because i cant connect with the kirin tor. (enemy of the Horde till end of WoD and now my class order?)
    And i support Alliance lore characters 90% of the time in the broken isles.

I leveled my mage to 110 now looking into other classes but if i cant RP any class anymore as Horde i might quit till the next exp. pack.

Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    The artifact tree is basicaly a vanilla talent tree, that you need to farm throughout the expansion, blizz said they were removing vanilla talent tress because of being streamline cookie cutter stuff and wanted the choices to matter and now give this shit... wtf really.

When I was initially reading the Artifact info, this exact same thing popped into my head. After I thought on it though, I guess they can justify it by the fact that eventually you will have everything, rather than only just picking the same good things as everyone else. But yeah, I can definitely see where you are coming from.

Don't like the zone design (way to small and clutered), yes they are supper fucking beautiful. but way to small, large vast zones are cool and i don't see why blizz stopped making them, not every single pixel on my screen need to be filled with amazing art work.

I haven't played the expansion, but I have seen this mentioned a lot, so I am going to assume the small zone design is a thing. Which leads to...

TIN-FOIL HAT TIME: It is entirely possible that this is why Blizzard was trying to kill flight for the expansion. Smaller (no-fly) zones equals cheaper and faster game design, while giving the illusion that you are in a larger zone. But flight will inevitably kill this illusion.

This is also why I think there will be a new no-fly zone right about the time that they actually allow you to fly in the current content. That way most people will be in a new no-fly zone (thinking it is larger than it is) and less people will care about how small the zones were that they were just playing in.

Crazy or not, I think it is safe to say that smaller zones are the way of the future (unless of course, they decide to recycle some old zones).
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2016-09-04 at 10:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    The artifact tree is basicaly a vanilla talent tree, that you need to farm throughout the expansion, blizz said they were removing vanilla talent tress because of being streamline cookie cutter stuff and wanted the choices to matter and now give this shit... wtf really.
    SPOILER, u will be able to get all artifact nodes after a while, not really an concern.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Rares and treasures. Almost none of them give anything interesting.

Some class design issues are pretty prominent (poor Warlocks). The expansion has the potential for some alt-unfriendliness due to the repetition of certain quests, though I haven't played much with any alts yet, so I'll reserve judgement on it for now. The unnecessary removal/hiding of many useful UI options. Some of the dungeon design seems like it has the potential to be finnicky and tedious as opposed to holding meaningful challenge and fun.

Overall though, the expansion is looking pretty great so far. The only changes that I think are objectively terrible are the UI ones. Even the lack of flying isn't bothering me this time around, since (unlike WoD) they actually designed the expansion pretty well around it.

Deleted
    Whats the point of a MMORPG and Action RPGs aka RPGs that arent heavy on story? Character progression through increased numbers.

Legion seems to have none. Oh yes you have invested ton of time getting your 820-840 gear, and putting AP points into your weapon, but once you step outside in the same zone that you were in at 101, you still feel like you are doing the same amount of damage give or take. It dawns on you, when you notice some random Ret Paladin at 102 doing the same damage to the mob as you are.

What is really worrying is that this is the actual intent, this is what they are going for. Yet it flies in the face of convential wisdom of how these games work.

How excited are you to grind 250 artifact points from killing the same demon in Aszuna in a month, as you work your way towards that 45k AP requirement for next level? And with the sense of barely progressing your character?

There are many problems with Legion, questing zones being generally awful in multiple ways, but the core issue is that i dont feel we are going forward at all. And mind you, we are still technically in that honeymoon period. Game is not even a week old and it feels old.

7+ Year Old Account
    We're only a few days in, but I like the Artifact mechanic as a system. Aesthetically, it creates problems with everyone having Ashbringer and everything, but I do enjoy the concept of having one weapon that I'm constantly upgrading. I would like them to continue that system moving forward and have bosses provide new appearances for your weapon and for the weapon transmogging to be more robust (I'm just spitballing there). I also think that wPvP is hugely successful, especially in places like Helheim, Underbelly, and so on. Level scaling I'd consider a success as well, and that's coming from someone who never saw the big deal when it was first announced. I even like my Order Hall, enjoy that it's heavily pruned, the Champions are fun, troops are just an expendable resource, etc. We'll see about the commitment to storytelling - that was and probably forever be WoD's biggest flaw; the complete and utter abandonment of story even from before the game was released.

It's hard for me to come up with major flaws about Legion, but if I had to pick one, it'd be Demon Hunters. I don't feel that they provide anything that wasn't already present in the game, they are yet another melee added (weird that they only have added melee classes, y'now?), another fucking leather wearer, and I find their concept just totally overdesigned. Reminds me of when Yahtzee was talking about Darksiders like "Someone sat down to design this character and just never fucking stopped". Horns, glowing tattoos, wings, huge impractical shining swords the size of their bodies, burning eyes, explosive fiery demon forms... they are even loud as shit too, screaming and roaring when they dash. They just seem like really vain, special snowflake characters, which I guess... I mean, they're hero classes so it makes sense... but goddamn. They just make me cringe a bit is all I'm saying. I could have very well done without them.
    Last edited by Icecat; 2016-09-04 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    Whats the point of a MMORPG and Action RPGs aka RPGs that arent heavy on story? Character progression through increased numbers.

Legion seems to have none.
    It has plenty after you reach level cap, like any other expansion.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Honestly, the lack of demons. Thousands attacked the rest of Azeroth but the most you find on the Broken Isles is in Suramar City or on the Broken Shore. There are no demons in Highmountain and Stormheim, very few in Azsuna, and a small amount in Val'sharah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 107 but I'm seeing some repetition in theme and mechanics. A lot of mobs both in the world and in instances interrupt casting whether by stuns, things beneath you that explode, etc. I don't mind some of this and I'm not dying to it or anything, but it makes those fights just more annoying.

The other thing I'm getting a little tired of is placing mobs in caves for some reason. Again, not a huge deal, but it seems repetitive and odd choice.

The former matters to me more if they continue to overuse it as it favors melee in instances and will make playing a caster just... annoying.

On the other hand - if these are the most annoying things, it's not too bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    Honestly, the lack of demons. Thousands attacked the rest of Azeroth but the most you find on the Broken Isles is in Suramar City or on the Broken Shore. There are no demons in Highmountain and Stormheim, very few in Azsuna, and a small amount in Val'sharah.
    Agreed on Aszuna. Val'sharah had a pretty serious corruption story but it seems driven more my Xavius than demons per se. Highmountain was odd in the lack of demons but I assume they want to avoid simply having demons everywhere and the HM story was much more about rallying allies.

Not very alt-friendly so far. Super time consuming on that front, I kind of regret leveling my favorite character and not my raid character first. That is a personal thing. And professions feel a little overly gated, but I'm working through it. Basically a lot of time gating going on, which is fine, the community has asked for it and I'm just nit picking.

Harpies, I fucking hate their voices.

Tyrande, less her voice more that annoying sound clips they gave her every time you click her.

Helheim, just soooo ugly and dark. Hated that portion of Stormheim.

Other than those little nitpicks and bad choices on my part I really have enjoyed the game thus far, now to pick a tank to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post

Legion seems to have none. Oh yes you have invested ton of time getting your 820-840 gear, and putting AP points into your weapon, but once you step outside in the same zone that you were in at 101, you still feel like you are doing the same amount of damage give or take. It dawns on you, when you notice some random Ret Paladin at 102 doing the same damage to the mob as you are.
    Lol, there are way more pros thans cons in that situation you just explained... And If I feel like I'm not greater hero than the 102 level ret paladin, I'll see about that after I've killed him in 2 swings with my axe.

Well I like it, and I like that Blizzard is changing things. Only thing I'm critical of is the reward system for PvP. By now I wish they would add more game modes to battlegrounds, or at least more battlegrounds. I can't take strand of the ancients anymore, most of the battlegrounds flat out suck. Arena is somewhat fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still 99,9% salty about warlock changes. I don't even care how competitive they are right now, I'm just not having that much with my main class/spec anymore and that seriously is diminishing my fun with the game. I find myself reaching for abilities that simply don't exist anymore, all the damn time. I feel so... naked. If I've ever made fun of someone lamenting the loss of their spec, I deeply apologize. Now I know how it feels like, have your favorite playstyle not merely changed around, but outright removed from the game.

(The 0,1% is that finally, FINALLY I can get loot if my demons kill something I didn't have the time to touch. A GOOD CHANGE, THANK YOU.)

I don't like the glyph changes and how some glyphs I liked aren't in the game anymore.

I don't like how many questlines end with "shocking" twist ending that you failed and things are probably even worse now. Suramar is a nice change of pace for this actually, finally I feel like I'm actually succeeding in some meaningful way, and I do think that in the future patches heroes get to win more and more, but it felt very jarring leveling up.

I don't mind artifacts that much, but then again I play the only (?) spec that can still transmog their weapon :V I'm just stuck with a floating, non-targettable companion pet. I will probably be more annoyed once I start leveling my alts...