Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    They give 8k XP. Not much, but they do give XP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    No they don't.

See how I first kill a bunch of mobs, gain XP from them, and loot them? Then I loot a treasure. I get the order resources, the actual AP treasure, and some vendor shite. Where's the XP?

Treasures give 0 XP.
    I've definitely seen SOME treasures give ~8k exp, but it hasn't happened often. Definitely not enough to consider a good source of exp.

There is no catchup currently, but I'm 100% sure they will eventually add some sort of shortcuts. Doing all this on every single alt is just not an option for many people. People are still in the honeymoon phase with the expansion, but once the reality of neverending quests and ultra expensive professions sets in people will start to get frustrated with their alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    Offtopic, but I think that's one of the best features of FFXIV. One character for every class.

I would say I don't know why WoW doesn't do the same, but it's obvious they see alts as another potential time-sink (the more alts you level, the longer you'll stay subscribed).
    Alts are a side effect of insufficient content / bored players. In the MMO's that predated this one, it was pretty rare for folks to run alts in any serious capacity aside from bank mules.

One character being different classes, to me, is a dumb enough idea to keep me from playing FF in the first place. *shrug*

I suspect, as always, there will be nerf to needed xp per lvl around patch 7.2. Heirloom upgrades may come as well.

It would be nice to have later on something similar to demon invasions.
    Last edited by Bumbac; 2016-09-03 at 04:38 PM.

Guess I'm glad I spent the invasions getting my alts to 100 so they can at least farm pre-MoP stuff (none them have gear good enough to make up for my lack of skill with them lol ... I could do a lot of MoP stuff on my main but only a little on my alts) for mog / mounts.

I honestly am not able to predict at this point when I'll be able to do anything other than just get one or two alts into their Order Hall and sending out missions and parking them there.

If they don't introduce rep catch-ups for alts, this will be the expansion I play alts on the least since BC. I think the pendulum swung way too far. It's way more alt unfriendly now than it's ever been alt friendly.

But they will probably do something like they did in MoP and make rep tokens easily farmable, at least after this tier.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    You've gotta wait until they reduce the time artefact knowledge takes to learn. Then when they add flying and scale heirlooms up to 110 things should be a little faster.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    If I've done most of the 110 stuff already on a main like reps and quests in suramar will there be a an option to not going through all of that again?
    Why would there be?
    Not like the quests in Suramar takes forever.

How lazy are people if they already ask for catch up mechanics?
    The only catch up mechanics that Blizzard have talked about already is that the longer into Legion, the fewer days the lower levels of artifact knowledge research will take.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    just wait for flying ( like dreanor it could be shared on you account), with rested xp just fly around and hunt treasures, you will be max in no time.

What's all this about hunting treasures? Treasures do not give any exp at all in Legion................

I'd like the ability to keep 4-5 chars at maximum efficiency without 4-5x the work.

maybe something like in pandaria where one rep maxed = double for all chars from then on.

Quote Originally Posted by releaseday View Post
    what's all this about hunting treasures? Treasures do not give any exp at all in legion.................................................................................... .......................................................................................... .......................................................................................... .......................................................................................... .......................................................................................... .......................................................................................... ..................................................................................
    ftfy...................................................................................... ..................................
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    The expansion has barely started and people already want catchup for alts? It will most likely come in future patches, as was the case in past expansions...

And if it doesn't, then tough shit, don't play alts if you don't want to do content with them.
    And than a couple months down the road they will complain they don't have enough time to play all their alts and still do stuff outside of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    Offtopic, but I think that's one of the best features of FFXIV. One character for every class.

I would say I don't know why WoW doesn't do the same, but it's obvious they see alts as another potential time-sink (the more alts you level, the longer you'll stay subscribed).
    FF14 is god awful for alt jobs though compared to WoW given it's a tremendous grind of FATES and dungeons both of which bore me to death after I do them the first 5 times.

Deleted
    If I play an alt I do so to replay content with another class, race or faction. I don't want to catch up fast. Why would I? To have the best class that does 3% more dps that some pros say is with some crazy tables in the 3rd boss of NH? I'll never play at this level, as 99% of the players. I don't understand this anxiety to reach the end of the journey as fast as possible.

And if I want an alt as advanced as my main, I work in it. I don't hope for some mechanic to avoid exactly what I want to do, play with my alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    FF14 is god awful for alt jobs though compared to WoW given it's a tremendous grind of FATES and dungeons both of which bore me to death after I do them the first 5 times.
    Yeah once you do a few classes you run out of quests and are stuck with grinding fates/leves/DG's

Thats the only part that will likely matter. Upgrading your hall is going to max out pretty passively and easily, fine for alts.