Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So far, the only weak point for me is half of the power of my Artifact being tied into random dungeon drops. I'd have prefered it it was something I could just work on and know, if I work hard enough I can max it out...eventually.

But as it is now, it's the same old RNG that can screw you over if the slot things don't drop (or one drops that doesn't help you/for a slot that's already filled).

It kind of makes me wonder, if I have to get a drop to increase the item level...why not just drop a weapon? Because that's basically what it is
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Everything's just a grind. Artifact Power. Leveling. Professions. Everything. They didn't create more content ... they just made it so that the content they did is more slow and grating to get through versus WOD.

Diablo III game design with probably Diablo III results (everyone leaving).

Leveling - WOD was better. Period. All these people have this huge cognitive bias for legion because it's temporally proximate and visceral but leveling sucks compared to WOD. There are less ways to level and fewer alternative ways to level. WOD had more fun goals to do on the way up with recruiting followers and getting treasures and lots of the treasures had character and fun effects. WOD leveling was as good as many normal tightly-focused single player RPG's. Legion is basically the same crappy leveling found in BC (grinding) meets Diablo III (scaling).

Scaling is kind of cool at first in that you can chose which place to go level. And then it sucks, because guess what all the mobs scale so your characters don't actually get more powerful (until they can get heroic and mythic gear) so farming is impossible until you get to max level and grind dungeons. And you have to do all the content anyways so the illusion of choice that scaling gives you is just that ... an illusion. You end up wasting just as much time either way.

Professions - Professions have never been a "fun" part of the game. It's something ancillary you did for customization or min-maxing or making money. It was an easy way for them to create content for you basically just pressing buttons and it was hidden as a grind by the fact you could work a little bit on it each day. But now it's an obvious grind with all the stupid profession quests. Yay more quests! Repetitive stupid gameplay with a different incentive structure. It seems new and interesting at first but is stupid and boring and helps kill the fun in leveling alts.

Artifact Power - Remember that terrible grind for a cape or a ring in Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor? Those didn't come around until near the end of content and Blizzard said, "Hey sorry we don't have any more content for a year. Here's this laborious, painfully long process of customization. Enjoy!" Well now you can have all that "fun" at the beginning of the expansion again with Artifact Power!

Artifact Power is a big meh. It gives you an excuse to do repetitive world content under the guise of improving your weapon. You spend hours, gain experience for your weapon, and then gain new abilities at points, but the xp required is geometric. It's basically leveling called by another name, only much, much slower and you can't beat the grind by playing well or with friends like raiding or pvp. I guess they realized WOW players are mostly dopamine addicts and gave a stupid, slow way to progress that they don't have to be good at the game to do; they can just burn more and more of the hours of their worthless lives.

Alts - This is the biggest slam against Legion. It is by far the most alt-unfriendly expansion in a long time. The grind is real and your main character can't help your alt much. It is pretty much impossible to keep 2 characters and 2 artifact weapons competitive. And leveling other stuff like professions is a grind. For a lot of people such as myself who enjoy learning new characters this the main reason the expansions sucks donkey balls.

See you guys in a year when they run out of content, subscribers leave in droves (I predict they'll leave quicker this time because a big chunk of all the old BC and WotLK players have lives now and don't even have time to level artifacts). All the idiotic time gating goes away and maybe you can enjoy this game at a reasonable pace instead of the antiquated, drawn-out way that helpless people enjoy spending their time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    SPOILER, u will be able to get all artifact nodes after a while, not really an concern.
    no shit sherlock, my point is that they removed the old trees because they were basically a neglected part of the game because you just followed the most common build, but now they bring back the same exact feature, a talent tree that requires a grind and at the end everyone has the same build

Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    This is a big one for me. I really don't like artifact weapons. Blizzard have effectively removed weapons from the game's itemization; everyone gets their artifact, it's all the same, the classes are designed around them. They might as well just not exist and be a level 110 talent instead, because the effect is the same. What's not the same is that the most important equipment slot, the item(s) that you hunt for throughout entire expansions and carry with immense pride, is now gone.

You just grind AP to upgrade your weapon, the same weapon as 100% of players of that spec. There's no joy of finally getting that awesome weapon you've been pining for. It's just so boring and anticlimatic. I really hate the idea of being handed an artifact after doing some quests that are designed to be so trivial that literally every player can do it, and that this weapon is either what I'll be using literally forever, or I'll abandon it next expansion and completely undermine the lore of the item and the supposed significance of obtaining it. Very underwhelming feeling.

What do they even do in future expansions? Just stick with artifacts forever so that everyone simply has the same weapon for the rest of WoW's existence? Or do they somehow try to explain that after obtaining Ashbringer or Doomhammer and working tirelessly to hone their affinity with these weapons, the heroes throw them away a couple of years later in order to use some green crap from a quest? Artifacts feel like something they'd put in an expansion that they know will be the game's last. It feels really unhealthy and short-sighted, and it has taken away the biggest carrot in WoW's already dwindling itemization.
    I'm not sure how they missed this.

The more I play the more I realize that this will likely be a very alt-unfriendly expansion. Being zone locked until you complete the main story line means most of my alts will get Legion loremaster or darn close to it whether I want them to or not. What's more my profession alts will be horrible to take through the ridiculous ping-pong quest lines that professions require. Top that off with keeping a second artifact weapon reasonably up to date. Having alts will be truly challenging if not prohibitive in some cases.

And to reiterate my earlier post, I'm overall very happy with this expansion.

Why the fuck are people in dalaran at all ive spent maybe 30 min there 837ilvl atm. I went to underbelly for skinning for 5 min pay 5g for a guard

I only played beta (will buy later to start working on achievement when flying is on PTR) but I disliked:

No flying
    Mob scaling felt nice while leveling but felt bad at max level, especially combined with no flying
    Very alt unfriendly. AP grind, having to relearn each class since they changed so much, having to take basically the same leveling path with every character because there aren't that many spare quests, I leveled slowly on beta with full rested and only had half of one zone left when I got to 110.
    AP grind is tedious especially if you enjoy playing more than one spec
    All the class specific content is really nice IMO but since it's so alt unfriendly I doubt I'd ever level more than 1 or 2 of my other characters at some point in the future so I won't get to see much of the other classes....
    Underbelly is a cluster#### I avoided it like the plague, sucks that BMAH and some profession stuff is down there

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) Zoning issues. I think this may be just me though, but I disconnect fairly often while zoning into Legion areas (be it via hearthing, dungeons, just walking into a new zone, whatever).

2) Alittle too much phasing and the usual problems it brings with it (nodes/treasures appearing on minimap but phased out once you reach it).

3) Not all class halls are equal in terms of aesthetic, though this is VERY subjective. I just did the warlock quests and got to his class hall, and I gotta say I was really disappointed. (Why the hell would you think setting up camp on a ***king LEGION WORLD was a good idea?) I found the warrior class hall alittle over the top but nothing close to how bad I felt once I realised that little Burning Legion island was the warlock class hall. Bad / lazy design, and everything looks so dull. So glad it's not my main and I really feel bad for warlock mains.

That's pretty much it really. None of those weak points so far are anywhere close to deal breakers. I think the weakest point I've seen so far are the players actually. Especially the wannabe hardcore players complaining about the "grind" which I feel is alot more bearable this time around (suck it up if you're really that hardcore, it's still a fairly easy grind) or the casuals complaining about time and AP gating. If you're really casual, as I am, the time gating should not bother you in the slightest. Things like the class hall / missions taking a long time just give me the chance to not feel like I MUST log on, or if I do log on I have the time to play my alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frandaero View Post
    The black bar at the top of the screen when in your Order Hall.

Tyrande's voice actress.

These two are the current weak points I've seen. Heil and well met champion, buy Legion already.
    Addon to remove 1st weak point
    2nd weak point ?? mute sound
    Lmfao <3

OT though: Not even a week in people trying to nitpick anything and everything. Oh well. Millions will enjoy it some cynics will find something to QQ about =P
    My issue is the lack of armory updates for Legion :'(
    Oh and a few times already I've run out of World quests to do (I don't participate in the PvP ones)
    135ish WQ done with achieve for 100 different ones
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    What do they even do in future expansions? Just stick with artifacts forever so that everyone simply has the same weapon for the rest of WoW's existence? Or do they somehow try to explain that after obtaining Ashbringer or Doomhammer and working tirelessly to hone their affinity with these weapons, the heroes throw them away a couple of years later in order to use some green crap from a quest? Artifacts feel like something they'd put in an expansion that they know will be the game's last. It feels really unhealthy and short-sighted, and it has taken away the biggest carrot in WoW's already dwindling itemization.
    It wouldn't be real hard to add a quest at the end of this expansion (or more likely beginning of next one) for each spec where you somehow lose, destroy, give back, etc your artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by polyatomical View Post
    You guys are missing a biggie. It's a lot more difficult to dual spec at this point with the need to level artifact weapons. I think this is a pretty disappointing issue; however, I'm excited about the rest.
    Actually. You can easily keep offspec a few traits behind without sacrificing any from main.

Malfurion and Tyrande

Deleted
    number of dungeons as usual, we need way more of them, also current world content is like 4 world quests a day and thats it, sure you can do more but you dont really need to...not sure how long will Suramar last tbh

expansion is fun and looks great...but WoD was awesome as well, for a month or two...the biggest weak points are blizzards track record and uncertain future patches imo

Alts artifacts and Artifacts in pvp. Every season was a hard reset on gear so you could jump in on a fresh toon but with the artifact you have to grind your dick off to play something new.

Also the fact that Xavius just shoots his finger gun at Ysera, pew pew and she is instantly corrupted. It just feels rushed and shitty story telling. Why doesn't he just use his pew pew corruption gun on every single NPC in the zone and instantly corrupt all of it?
    Last edited by Volitar; 2016-09-05 at 09:36 AM.
    Hi Sephurik

15+ Year Old Account
    Too much questing, mission table and fucking unnavigable terrain.

After playing for a bit, I feel like one thing is pretty weak in Legion: dungeons.

Yeah, dungeons, a major feature of Legion, the current and future peak of progression, with Mythic+ and whatnot, are mostly freaking annoying. While most of the bosses are pretty cool (while others, like Helya or Cordana, just annoying as fk), most of those dungeons are hallways of trash. Everbloom looks like Trial of Crusader in comparison. And it's not like this trash is worth anything. To reach second boss in BRH you need to clear a whole elven army, with no interesting abilities or drops. Just wasting your time and making you freaking bored. Or first hallway of trash in Darkheart Thicket. Oh yeah, more cats that do nothing please. More cats.

The gear system, difficulty of bosses and the general fun of group content carries them somehow, but while everything in Legion seems like a huge step forward, dungeons feel just the same, just with more trash.

On top of that, obligatory "bring flying back". For a day I thought it won't bother me, but after a while the Flight Path guy started annoying me. We're hopping between places anyway, why can't we pick and choose how we get there?

Deleted
    Scaling Gear / World Quests - Rich get Richer

I had no idea that this was the case at first, until a friend of mine alerted me to a world quest. Mine rewarded 820, his 840. What was different i thought? He had 5 ilvls more than me, yet a reward substantially better.

There's nothing wrong with a lower geared player getting one power item. But there's plenty wrong with Rich get Richer systems. You allow those ahead to get even further ahead and create an even bigger gap between those later to the party.

Just let World quests etc reward a set piece of gear. If the world quest is super rare and hard, and all players complete it, reward them equally, regardless of their current gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Alts artifacts and Artifacts in pvp. Every season was a hard reset on gear so you could jump in on a fresh toon but with the artifact you have to grind your dick off to play something new.

Also the fact that Xavius just shoots his finger gun at Ysera, pew pew and she is instantly corrupted. It just feels rushed and shitty story telling. Why doesn't he just use his pew pew corruption gun on every single NPC in the zone and instantly corrupt all of it?
    Guess he spend much time corrupting tear of elune, and he has to use it on some powerfull dragon

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Biggest weak point I have seen is that the is a great disparity in how well the artefacts/class halls have been done for different classes.

I.E my Retribution Paladin gets Ashbringer and gets to hang out with loads of recognisable NPCs in an important Paladin hub that has been in the game lore wise since vanilla. My warrior gets random junk pulled out of a devs anus for all three specs (and the fourth spec got deleted) and gets to hang out with random no name Vrykul in a class hall that's just a modified dungeon and nothing to do with warriors.

And too add insult to injury, Thunderfury the most renown/infamous tanking weapon in the games history, is an alternate artefact skin for Outlaw Rogues lmao O.o

Overall, I'm having a great time with the expansion.

Only things that worry me:

When Mythic raiding is out, if your MT's/best healers with gear aren't on it's going to suck. Before you could just have someone go prot or resto, but now having someone trying to fill that spec for the night without max points in their alt spec artifact weapon is going to be REALLY rough for progression.

FR Arms warrior. Huge RNG gaps. Take two warriors with the same gear/talents on the same boss using the exact same globals along with same uptime, and a 100k DPS gap isn't totally unrealistic because of CS procs. Mortal Strike with CS + 3 FR stacks crits for 1.2 million plus but no CS procs because of luck it hits for 250kish , so if one warrior crits just 3-4 more times, that's a huge gap between the two already even though they could be doing the exact same thing.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2016-09-05 at 10:10 AM.