fire mage, when to stop stacking crit?

When do you feel diminishing returns is to heavy and it would be better to stack something else? also what would you prioritize after crit?

Never! Crit in every slot!
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Are we supposed to be taking it over big int upgrades as well? I'm not equipping like 400+ int upgrades because it drops crit. It's happening a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    Are we supposed to be taking it over big int upgrades as well? I'm not equipping like 400+ int upgrades because it drops crit. It's happening a lot.
    I've been wondering the same thing. I've been keeping my lower ilvl crit gear rather than equipping higher int gear.

I almost want to stack a bit of mastery as well for the ignite damage but I've been told to stack versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard1987 View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing. I've been keeping my lower ilvl crit gear rather than equipping higher int gear.

I almost want to stack a bit of mastery as well for the ignite damage but I've been told to stack versatility.
    I have heard that it goes Crit>int>SP>vers>haste>mastery now.

But it just feels so weird not taking 20+ ilvl upgrades, because they drop crit.

Deleted
    Obviously you take 20 ilvl upgrades.

Just because 1 crit > 1 int doesn't mean 1 crit > 500 int. Or more relevantly, doesn't mean that 800 crit > 1000 haste + 400 int.

I've very rarely seen items that aren't worth upgrading to because they have no crit. Maybe if they are only 5 ilvl higher. The only piece where this happens with any sort of regularity would be the pieces that carry no main stats.

Deleted
    mastery become the best stat after crit in fights with 3/4+ targets

Deleted
    Guidelines:

On ST it's crit > int >> vers >= haste >= mastery but 1.5 mastery > 1 crit

On 4 targets it's mastery > int >= crit >> vers >> haste but 2 haste > 1 mastery.

Because in dungeons bosses last for shorts amount of time and during combustion crit = mastery, and also because of dungeons containing tons of trash where Mastery is best, it's generally recommended to go crit > mastery > vers > haste at this point in time but please use your brain and don't hold back on equipping 20 ilvl upgrades.

On the other hand, Mastery only is best if the fight lasts for a while. It's not so good if you want to living bomb 40 targets for 30mil instant damage. In practice, it might be worthwhile to prioritize versatility over Mastery, I'm not sure.
    Last edited by mmoc06f0881615; 2016-09-05 at 12:09 AM.

I just struggle with the lack of haste, 2.06 second fireballs. makes it feel like a really long time between combustions.
    Not convinced, maybe its ilvl
    Anyone else feel dirty putting on cloth that has versatility?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elboba View Post
    I just struggle with the lack of haste, 2.06 second fireballs. makes it feel like a really long time between combustions.
    Not convinced, maybe its ilvl
    Anyone else feel dirty putting on cloth that has versatility?
    Versatility is a dirty stat that should've been cut with/instead of multistrike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Afaik Combustion at the start of a fight ends up Fireball, CB, FBlast, Pyro, FBlast, Pyro, Phoenix, Pyro, Phoenix, Pyro, Phoenix and then last Pyro. Insane amounts of burst. Damage on fights is 1. Pyro 2. Ignite 3. Fireball

Im comfortable around 46-50% crit. Afterwards just try and get mastery high.

This is from someone who decided to be a mage for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Afaik Combustion at the start of a fight ends up Fireball, CB, FBlast, Pyro, FBlast, Pyro, Phoenix, Pyro, Phoenix, Pyro, Phoenix and then last Pyro. Insane amounts of burst. Damage on fights is 1. Pyro 2. Ignite 3. Fireball
    Am I crazy?
    I scorch instead of fireball at start cause its quick, it kicks off the heating up and leaves more time for another crit at the end of combustion?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you cast combustion as you finish casting fireball. The fireball crits. Blast at the same time to get that instant pyro. From there no actual casted spells. At the start of a fight. I tend to save blast if i see combustion coming off cd.

For the next 2.5 weeks there is just one answer: stack crit as high as possible.
    After raids and M+ come out, get a set of crit/mastery gear and a set of crit/haste gear. Switch between bosses and trash.
    Win.

See the second post here: https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...php?f=4&t=2611

On necks and rings, crit is worth 40 ilvls when it's primary vs. secondary. Without crit at all, I wouldn't equip it. For other armor pieces, crit is worth 20 ilvls over something without crit. Crit as a minor stat instead of a major has to be 10 ilvls higher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skozen View Post
    See the second post here: https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...php?f=4&t=2611

On necks and rings, crit is worth 40 ilvls when it's primary vs. secondary. Without crit at all, I wouldn't equip it. For other armor pieces, crit is worth 20 ilvls over something without crit. Crit as a minor stat instead of a major has to be 10 ilvls higher.
    yes look at this, basically you won't ever use a ring or neck without crit on, if you have money you want to spend on crafted stuff the ring/neck is best because it comes with socket which makes it, as described in the altered time topic, better than the mythic xavius neck from emerald nightmare (with crit/mastery or haste and crit socket) other pieces just make sure you watch the wqs, got a nice 835 neck with crit from stormheim today.

AFAIK there isn't a time you worry about too much crit any time soon (if ever), If you have an item without crit shout at it until it becomes crit or replace it.

Edit: if u want any help check out the altered time website or find the mage discord. i see people talking about fireball or scorch casting with combust? you don't want to use any non-instant casts once combust goes off, prepull pyro, RoP,, combust, phoenix flame then go into pyro/fb then pyr/pf spam until you leave combust.
    Last edited by mmoc455020c1a7; 2016-09-05 at 12:18 PM.

Deleted
    You have to simulate to make sure of details of small magnitudes. Frosted there has made a list based on the restrictions of the simcraft coders. They assume a certain type of 840 gear sets so for your own character the weights might not be identical.