Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Hate to tell you but most players want flyng. No fly zones are a thing too. Running through mobs with the anti dismount item isn't immersion. It just adds up to gear repairs when mobs beat on you as you ride past. That's not immersion.

The only reason flying is disabled is to make the tiny BI zones feel bigger. They're nothing compared to the everything pre-WoD. It's a content gate designed to slow players down - nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Only because the zones are a fraction of the size now. You actually got less content.
    What does what you said have to do with me having a grand Ole time.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I'm not sure Legion is making high end raider's lives easier considering how much grinding is necessary to get as much artifact power as possible and also the LOLRNG legendaries. Legion seems to be all about making as many people as possible, regardless of their in game interests, waste lots and lots and lots of time.
    How so?
    Run dungeons over and over, then 1-2 times a day clear AP world quests?
    Flying is fairly insignificant in this regard.

One thing I noticed is that a lot of player tools lose significance and power if flying is an option. I say that because as a rogue, my grappling hook feels powerful when in the world specifically because of the pathing aspect of it. If I could fly, that wouldn't be anywhere near as significant or exciting.

Hate to tell you but most players want flyng. No fly zones are a thing too. Running through mobs with the anti dismount item isn't immersion. It just adds up to gear repairs when mobs beat on you as you ride past. That's not immersion.

The only reason flying is disabled is to make the tiny BI zones feel bigger. They're nothing compared to the everything pre-WoD. It's a content gate designed to slow players down - nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Only because the zones are a fraction of the size now. You actually got less content.
    The broken isles were never meant to be huge, they were always rather small in lore. I don't know why you think this is something they are trying to hide.

Also, for your "most people want flying", as far as I remember, the last poll on the subject showed that people wanting flying was not a majority.

- - - Updated - - -

Only because the zones are a fraction of the size now. You actually got less Land Area.
    Just had to fix that.
    There is definitely far more content

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    man your grappling hook, sprint and all the classes movement abilities are fully viable even if flying is in game.. its not like you fly to the next mob 10-20 yards away..
    You'll notice that I never mentioned "viability". That's something that you just injected into the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Sure...poor reasons that don't hold up very well under scrutiny. Their explanation for removing flight is the kind of thing I'd expect from a crooked politician that knows he's wrong, not a game designer interested in improving the quality of their product.
    Much like a crooked politician, the reasoning provided by Blizzard tells me they are hiding something. Someone is pulling the strings and the devs are keeping quiet about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Just had to fix that.
    There is definitely far more content
    You have already been proven wrong on this earlier in the thread. Stop trotting this nonsense. WoD and Legion are small compared to previous xpacs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Yeah and from the video interview in which they backpedaled on the flight removal they named Watcher to be the guy in charge of the whole "flying thing". A single person.
    And he is extremely arrogant with how he handles his game decisions and PR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    no. Developers always dictate how you play & they have the right to do it. & it's always because of reasons.
    I disagree completely. Developers do not always dictate how a game is to be played. And sure they have the right to, but not without consequence. At the end of the day we are customers and if we are not happy Blizzard loses money.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Suramar questing, especially within the city, would have been an absolute joke if flying was enabled. I'm glad blizzard is not listening to the pro flying circle jerks.
    It probably would not have been designed the same way if flying were allowed there from the start. Blizz also would have had the option to enable flying at max level everywhere but Suramar.

- - - Updated - - -

How so?
    Run dungeons over and over, then 1-2 times a day clear AP world quests?
    Flying is fairly insignificant in this regard.
    It would be faster with flying, but that wasn't really the point I was making to Mafic. He thinks the game is being designed to make raiders' lives easier, but Legion added a bunch of time sinks that WoD didn't have that competitive raiders will have to do to min max their character.

- - - Updated - - -

The broken isles were never meant to be huge, they were always rather small in lore. I don't know why you think this is something they are trying to hide.

Also, for your "most people want flying", as far as I remember, the last poll on the subject showed that people wanting flying was not a majority.
    There had to have been a pretty significant number of cancellations to get from "No flying, ever again!" to "Um, oops, sorry guys, we didn't realize you cared this much, we'll add flying, sorry!" in like two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bun-Bun View Post
    You have already been proven wrong on this earlier in the thread. Stop trotting this nonsense. WoD and Legion are small compared to previous xpacs.
    Its not nonsense at all. Whoa stop. I wasnt arguing with you again. *resist the temptation....*

It probably would not have been designed the same way if flying were allowed there from the start. Blizz also would have had the option to enable flying at max level everywhere but Suramar.
    Yup maybe. Theres always better options to integrate flight, im not against that at all if its done in a nice way (i am still against just tacking flight on)

- - - Updated - - -

It would be faster with flying, but that wasn't really the point I was making to Mafic. He thinks the game is being designed to make raiders' lives easier, but Legion added a bunch of time sinks that WoD didn't have that competitive raiders will have to do to min max their character.
    Ahh i guess i misread that then.There definitely are those sinks that you have to put in work to complete on top of just running dungeons. The AP WQs provide a nice boost on top of the bonuses from the heroics. Hopefully they can make the world even more enticing to be in, for everyone.
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2016-09-05 at 02:57 AM.

If you honestly like flight for flight then you should have no problem admitting that flight in its previous forum was plain OP. Being able to fly anytime you're not inside or in a cave? Cmon.

Hahaha - was waiting for that. The majority of wow players don't visit any wow related sites. A poll IN game would show the true numbers. It's no coincidence that subs for WoD were less than half its peak. No flight, garrisons etc show that blizzard has no idea how to keep subs high anymore. Also - the size of the zone relative to others on the world map has nothing to do with the actual size of the zone when you're in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    What does what you said have to do with me having a grand Ole time.
    You said you have lots to do. That's only because you can't fly in the tiny zones - it feels like there is more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Its not nonsense at all.
    When you have been proven wrong, your words have no meaning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    If you honestly like flight for flight then you should have no problem admitting that flight in its previous forum was plain OP. Being able to fly anytime you're not inside or in a cave? Cmon.
    This is simply untrue. Flight was much more limited than you are portraying it here.

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    Phumbles do you like your new whistle? How high is your taxi expenses in legion and wod? Making good use of the kite and maybe even more kites as the kite blows? Clicking those garrison/dalaran/heart stones a lot? Taking advantage of the free order hall flight? Asking mages for portals? Opening Suramar portals? Taking advantage of the portals everywhere in the game?

That's just a few means of something as trivial as traveling mentioned. Now should we begin on all the other things you use to enhance your play?

Stop cheating yourself if you think others are or admit it's merely a convenience.

You should be punished with no ground mounts and walking speed for this first month.
    You explained all perfectly and that whistle is the biggest addition to traveling in game on an early time of an expansion and people still complaining about flight. They should have been used to that already, it's not the first time system works like that and I wish they never release flying for legion but they'll in a future patch, yea..

Also climbing/grapples in Stormheim, no one would do that and it won't exist if we were able to just fly at the start so I like it a lot too. It even has world quests for it. I just meet a short one today, something about climbing & destroying ravens' nests on high spots lol.
    Last edited by -Xerxes-; 2016-09-05 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bun-Bun View Post
    When you have been proven wrong, your words have no meaning.

Im happy to go over piece by piece exactly what was available to do in prior expansions if you really want to. Im not sure where you are getting that i was "proven wrong" about the amount of available content though. Highlight it, if you will.

The thing is, flight had very little to do with them anyway besides getting to the location (outside of a few gimmicky quests), so really, its irrelevant anyway (and its been discussed again and again before).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Xerxes- View Post
    You explained all perfectly and that whistle is the biggest addition to traveling in game on an early time of an expansion and people still complaining about flight. They should have been used to that already, it's not the first time system works like that and I wish they never release flying for legion but they'll in a future patch, yea..

Also climbing/grapples in Stormheim, no one would do that and it won't exist if we were able to just fly at the start so I like it a lot too. It even has world quests for it. I just meet a short one today, something about climbing & destroying ravens' nests on high spots lol.
    Unfortunately this is the content that seems to be argued against by the 'pro flyer' extremists (some like it). This is gimmicky, and boring, and should be able to be bypassed.

TBH, i dont see what they actually envision for the game, it largely seems to be a flat, open world where you dont actually have to do much in order to complete the objectives and log off. This might seem extreme, but its the impression given off by a fair majority (not all pro flyer) in this thread. (inb4 this is taken as "attacking" someones opinions)
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2016-09-05 at 04:24 AM.

You can either:

Put stuff like that in a cave
    Put it in leveling quests or no fly zones, while allowing flying at launch in some areas of a new expac
    Or give a debuff that you can't mount while doing it

But in the end, my opinion is that the destroy the nests world quest was not particularly interesting and took about a minute to do. To me, that's not worth losing flying for months even if that one minute quest were the most fun quest ever.

As for my idea of what I'd like the entire game world to be like? Icecrown and Storm Peaks. Zones where you have to have flying to travel, the scale is really really big, it's dangerous to travel by ground and you strategically land to do stuff. It's more fun and immersive for me, and the convenience is nice while moving from area to area. I mean can you imagine Storm Peaks with no flying? Everything would have to be smaller or there'd be a million very tall elevators everywhere. Icecrown with no flying? No giant scourge army because it would be too ridiculous to expect people to ground travel through that every day.

After I got flying in Wrath and hearthed to Dalaran the first thing I remember is flying out of Dalaran and over the gate into Icecrown and for me, that was one of my biggest "wow!" moments in WoW that I remember years later.
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2016-09-05 at 04:48 AM.

Angry

I dinged 110 yesterday and made it far enough in my campaign to get the world quests and that whistle. And i am not impressed in any way. Seriously, that whistle is an insult and bad design. I mean it is teleporting you out of any place to the nearest flightmaster whose ride then disconnects you from the world while you can watch a sort of loading screen. And to further insult you the rides pick at random the appearance of one of your favorite mounts.
    Why can't i just regularly use them?

I mean the campaign and other stuff are blocked by daily cooldowns or very long follower missions. Collect 30 something with your mission table .... minimum 5-10 missions each lasting about 8-12 hours ...
    Feels like my garrisson again, logging in every day after work for a few minutes to handle those missions ... big enjoyment, many missions, such wow .... NOT!
    Last edited by segara82; 2016-09-05 at 05:09 AM.

With this logic any decision blizzard makes is going to be arbitrary to you.
    "Ignoring our reasons and internal discussion, we instead have arbitrarily increased all mob health by 5."
    Ignoring your strawman, the facts are:

-WoW devs decided to kill a beloved feature that worked without any problems or complaints for at least 8 years.
    -They lie through their teeth while "explaining their "reasoning" (No-flight will aloow us to make a SAVAGE world! With Flight one could go to a fortress and head straight to the commander! Just ignore the Rogues and druids stealthing their way past, mages going Invisible, Riders with leatherworking riding past everyone, etc)
    -Months pass, and the above lies are exposed. Explanations shifts to "Mah visions dictate that you will NEVAR have Flight again!!!!", which, incidentally, appears to be the closest to the truth that we can reach.
    -Playerbase revolts and it forces the developers to re-enable Flight;
    -Instead of acknowledging that their experiment failed and simply re-enable Flight, WoW devs decide to regress to kindergarden mentality and be spiteful: "Patchfinder" A.K.A: OK-you-can-fly-but-only-after-you-have-nothing-else-to-use-Flight-for is implemented as a middle finger to the players who defied the devs, which is yet more evidence that their driving reason for no-flight was "MAH VISION!!!111!!!".

If you don´t see the above as arbitrary... then you are the exact kind of citizen autocracies wish to have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Get used to it. He was promoted to assistant game director. I imagine he'll be game director once Chilton decides to move on or get involved with another IP. Nonetheless they make decisions as a team. Which leads to other problems. Design by committee is usually watered-down by bureaucracy.
    If Legion repeats the fiasco like WoD (proportionally: I don´t think Legion has 5 million subs to lose), I don´t think we will need to "get used" to him for much longer.
    Last edited by Connll; 2016-09-05 at 06:02 AM.

It's getting hilarious watching the responses turn to 'blizzard are liars! sub numbers are low!

It is not arbitrary to make a decision on the way you want to make a game. Not at all.

Another for the list that can't reply without spouting buzzwords. The argument just simply is t enable or disable flight. Neither is the ultimate approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    Questionable, as we, the players, aren´t directly involved with the decision-making process.

But ingoring all the feedback that was given, on the other hand... perhaps you are right. I am Unsure right now.
    I was referring more to how the decision was made, internally, at Blizzard. I highly suspect that no-flying was either Hazzicostas' or Afriasabi's wet dream, pitched to the team as a way to improve the game.

Deleted
    Oh i love that argument. :-D
    I wnder when the time will be where you realize that right here on MMO Campion ist only a very very very very very tiny minority of the more dedicated players. Not the majority of Casula players, which as i said are the majoritiy of the player base and Blizzards income of the Titel World of Warcraft.

You brought that "not very bright, smart and intelligent argument" here but i have hopes you'll get it some day: the MMO Champion community does NOT represent the majority of the Playerbase and polls here ONLY represent the opinion of the people here on this board, which is round about less than 3% of all players.

If you ever looked into the official Forum, you might have noticed that anti-flight comments have been down voted into oblivion. The difference between here and the official forum is: here you can make multiple accounts in an instand, in the official you can make them and vote ONLY if you pay a subscription for it.

TL;DR: MMO-C poll is worthless, doesn't represent the majority of players, and..... you are so wrong beyond reading presented data and use common sense. The Majority DOES want flight. Not the majority of the more dedicated players here maybe, but they don't matter.