Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is the blood artifact quest heavily overtuned?

So after getting geared enough for mythic 5-mans I decided to look around and sort out my off-spec.

I grabbed the quest for the weapon and I went through the portal...just to get obliterated even by the first felguard.

By the time I reached the first gate that your friend helps unlock, I had died 3 times, and then I died 2 times more while defending him and I gave up.

What is this? Am I too late for the party?

I don't think my gear is ALL that bad, I'm currently iLevel 825.

Am I doing something terribly wrong? I can't heal more than they dish out on me, which sucks as I really want to be able to tank as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    So after getting geared enough for mythic 5-mans I decided to look around and sort out my off-spec.

I grabbed the quest for the weapon and I went through the portal...just to get obliterated even by the first felguard.

By the time I reached the first gate that your friend helps unlock, I had died 3 times, and then I died 2 times more while defending him and I gave up.

What is this? Am I too late for the party?

I don't think my gear is ALL that bad, I'm currently iLevel 825.

Am I doing something terribly wrong? I can't heal more than they dish out on me, which sucks as I really want to be able to tank as well.
    it is tuned for tank spec - are you blood specced for it?

Yes. I switched to blood for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It scales with Ilevel, you made the mistake of waiting to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    It scales with Ilevel, you made the mistake of waiting to get it.
    Well... RIP ;_;

I was so into levelling, was so much fun I thought about sorting that out when I was 110 and not finished, but close to for raiding and 5-man mythic+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had no problems with it. I was getting in trouble if two or three casters were involved but it was doable.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

15+ Year Old Account
    I had no problem doing it at lvl 100 with ~700 ilvl, but apparently the tuning is off. Take off some gear or replace it with lower ilvl stuff, should help.

I died like 4 times there. Frost artifact was not easy either.

I think they could tune a bit...

10+ Year Old Account
    It was the hardest of the 3 for sure - I died 2x for the blood artifact while I blew through unholy/frost like a fat kid eating a brownie.

Every artifact quest is fucked up at 110 because of the scaling. Just did the frost blade, no fucking way am I spending my afternoon against 4000k HP goons with green weapon, just blood specced that shit.

i died like 4 times( lvl 110, ilvl 830) I thought , i was suck but seems it was scale problem

I died twice at Level 102 @ approx 705 gear. I had the 740 green 2H that you can buy in Ebon Hold, but in hind sight I think I forgot to Runeforge it...oh well. I died twice but think that if I moved more I might have fared better. I was fine against the casters (I would always grip and interrupt them) it was when 2 of the big melee felguards would fight me at the same time that I took the heaviest damage. I think the biggest damage came from their frontal cone abilities. I forget what it's called, but has a short cast timer. I'm thinking if I moved out of the way of those maybe I would have done better.

Either way, I had to eat after most every pull and barely survived the final boss fight. And because of that wish it had been tuned a little lighter or incorporate fast recover cycles or maybe better yet, give us more incoming damage, but have one of the NPCs tossing out heals to supplement my own heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had no issues with Unholy or Blood but got my ass kicked with Frost until i altered my play style. I thinks it's a spec balance thing more than anything.

I finally did it when I went back after I altered some talents.
    Still was a tough motherfucker, died a total of 5 times or something. Funnily enough the boss was cake compared to some of the trash.

I did it at 102. Didn't ever die, but I came close a few times when I pulled 2 felguards at once. They have a stack on % damage taken debuff, and it REALLY hurts.

Use Blood and make sure that you time your cooldowns well. You should be fine as long as you play it safe.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2016-09-05 at 01:59 AM.

hmm I did it at lvl 102 with unholy, came close to die few times, but managed to finish it in one go

Remove your Rings, Cloak and Neck, they have the least stats and will plummet your item level. Also equip the Touch of the Void heirloom trinket to lower ILVL and it is broken atm and is doing insane damage.

I did it as a fresh 110 it was harder than mythic raids.

Quote Originally Posted by olivete View Post
    I died like 4 times there. Frost artifact was not easy either.

I think they could tune a bit...
    Yeah, the scaling was already noticable off if you were doing them at 102 instead of 100 (and had shit gear like me at the time), the 4 clowns before the Lich King were me mostly trying to kite them ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    I did it as a fresh 110 it was harder than mythic raids.
    Lol what

I know scaling is broken, but there are no mechanics to worry about, just damage.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.