Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    For a fresh 110 with 790 ilvl the mobs are tough. They're bullet spongy and melee hard too. I found myself playing with this god damn red flash A LOT.

But it will all change with gear. Even an 840 already deals with them much faster and better. And 840 is still nothing. It's like 635 in WoD. Once raids are out and your ilvl gets closer to 880-900, the mobs will be a total breeze. Like Tanaan Jungle for a heroic HFC geared toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    This is a problem with tanks, not so much monks(idk if this works for ww aswell).
    Tanks are currently very overtuned especially for leveling. They can basicly kill 10 mobs withotu loosing health as fast as a dps can kill 2 mobs in a chainpull.

My rogue is 835 ilvl and i kill things pretty fast now. I still mostly pull mobs 1 at the time and i'm actually ok with having to do that.

I didnt have any major problems while leveling either.

What spec are you playing?
    isnt that the point of a tank to not get roflstomped?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neudgae View Post
    isnt that the point of a tank to not get roflstomped?
    The point of a tank is to soak up damage.

Not to be godking of aoe and be able to selfheal more then any healer could.

Try leveling as any melee spec except monk, then try leveling as a vengeance DH.

You are gonna piss yourself laughing at how big the difficulty gap is

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had no issues personally for 100-109. However, like I've see in other threads, the 110 power barrier is tuned for around 830 and mobs have more health. Pulling one is generally fine, three or more is a challenge or death for me as a DK unless I'm prepared for it. Have quite often so far found myself spamming Death Strike in the hopes of heals and using Health Potions from WoD for anything.

I'm getting stronger now but not quite capable of moving through mobs, which is fine.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Now if only mobs 1-90~ were the same and not complete jokes, thatdbegreat.jpg
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to remember they were going for fights against individual mobs that took about 10-15 seconds while leveling. I can't see that as a bad thing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Playing a Clothie is absolutely atrocious in Suramar.

"Oh, lets try to kite" fucking nope every single mob has a charge. Its especially bad for a Mage because outside of Cauterizing Blink you have no real heal, so you more or less have to eat for 20 seconds after every second mob.

Lets not forget that Suramar is packed with mobs anyway so have fun pulling just one even if you sheep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Playing a Clothie is absolutely atrocious in Suramar.

"Oh, lets try to kite" fucking nope every single mob has a charge. Its especially bad for a Mage because outside of Cauterizing Blink you have no real heal, so you more or less have to eat for 20 seconds after every second mob.

Lets not forget that Suramar is packed with mobs anyway so have fun pulling just one even if you sheep.
    Almost always been the case for fire mages. That's why you spec'd frost while leveling/questing.

As a DH right now, I had to change a few talents at first for questing. Now with a little more gear, things are dying pretty fast and orbs heal me.

Don't the mobs scale with the ilvl aswell to some extent?

I'm at 836 with 853 weapons but I swear I don't feel a difference when pulling a bunch of zombos in Suramar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Don't the mobs scale with the ilvl aswell to some extent?

I'm at 836 with 853 weapons but I swear I don't feel a difference when pulling a bunch of zombos in Suramar.
    How are you at 853 wep?

Does unlocking the third relic slot bugg out the ilvl or something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    What's the deal? Have to grind through ordinary mobs with like 8+ nukes.
    Then you are doing something wrong. Also, consider how much better it will feel to get gear since your power level will significantly change whatever problems you currently have. Although, I must say, mob health hasn't felt problematic and I've leveled several characters to 110 this expansion and geared them to 830+ in this past week. So I really think you are doing something wrong.

First of all, i'm amazed at all the people at 830+ ilvl in this thread. I know i'm not quite fast this xpac, but jeez :O

Personally, I am sitting around 798 ilvl having dinged 110 only earlier this weekend. For me the biggest change of pace was at the lower levels, right now, everything seems to be dying within acceptable times (especially if you pull more than 1 at the same time). Not really sure what you are complaining about tbh.

It's a needed change.

10+ Year Old Account
    i play blood and the only mobs that annoy me are the 200m+ hp elites for the world quests, the regular 5-10m hp elites dont take too long

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    How are you at 853 wep?

Does unlocking the third relic slot bugg out the ilvl or something?
    Third relic adds ~37 ilevels depending on how lucky you are with relic drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Almost always been the case for fire mages. That's why you spec'd frost while leveling/questing.

As a DH right now, I had to change a few talents at first for questing. Now with a little more gear, things are dying pretty fast and orbs heal me.
    Except that has nothing to do with Fire or Frost. Arguably, Fire is better than Frost for Leveling now because you have more instacasts, more DPS, more survivability and less hardcasts.

And you still couldnt kite as Frost because the mobs still have charges

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    They're bullet spongy and melee hard too.
    I actually had to re-spec my pet to tenacity as BM at first. I just reached level 110 and was at 790-ish item level. Mobs would just wreck my pet(s) and Mend Pet is very weak without any glyphs to boost it (2.5% heal per second). Two regular mobs would have my main pet at near death.

But things got a lot better as I gained roughly 20 item levels and leveled up the artifact (I originally spent my points into MM). I leave my pet as Ferocity when fighting non-elites and can cleave them down before my pet gets too low.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    Finally! no more casting 2 abilities at a mob and having it fall over. This is an MMO, things take time, including killing mobs that are SUPPOSE to be a threat.

The way it has been in the past is the problem, not the way it is now.
    Ugh. They're not a threat though. They just have a lot of HP.

I really hate when games think that's what makes difficulty. High hp pools. Games like borderlands and the divison do this too..."oh you want hard? Here we'll make it take 15 minutes to down this mob". Tedious and hard are not the same thing. Want to make it a challenge? Go ahead. But trying to stay awake mashing a rotation 10 times instead of 2 times is NOT HARD OR A CHALLENGE its just tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Now if only mobs 1-90~ were the same and not complete jokes, thatdbegreat.jpg
    They are a complete joke. It just takes longer to kill the joke. You think that's difficult? The mob has absolutely 0 chance of killing you but it takes minutes to kill = hard for you? Damn

Opening threads on internet forums should cost money. It would instantly free up at least 30% of all virtual space that's occupied by these brainfarts, and perhaps even improve the quality of the discourse by some 10-20 points of IQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    They are a complete joke. It just takes longer to kill the joke. You think that's difficult? The mob has absolutely 0 chance of killing you but it takes minutes to kill = hard for you? Damn
    Impressive interpretation skills there, buddy.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.