Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post
    But if I wouldn't grind, the others will pass me significantly right? Sure, the more effort you put, stronger you get, but then making the gear equal in PvP made no point. Artifact power and honor talents will make the real difference. The ones who grind that will be more successful than the ones who don't. Suddenly, I felt like if I would buy Legion, I'd feel ripped off.
    Kind of just the nature of MMOs, put in the time and you get the best rewards. I don't think that's a rip off when people should know that MMOs and hell most games with a multiplayer progression aspect work like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    It's only grindy if you want to play it like that. There doesn't seem to be a cap to how much AP you can get in a single day/week but that doesn't mean you need to absolutely get as much as you humanely can. I'm playing it pretty casually and am keeping up just fine with everyone.
    I really can't Wait for people to wake up in 2 weeks and start spamming stupid threads about how they can't get into decent mythic /mythic+ groups because everybody good requires 850 itlv for them to join and they will be stuck in wipefest of 820 itlv groups who belived rumor that mythic dungeons are easy spread by organized mythic raiders guild groups coordinated on voice comms with ton of experience from beta

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    ITT: People who shouldn't be playing MMORPGs complaining about core elements of MMORPGs
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Is it repetitive though?
    PvP has always been Grindy in my view. PvE is diverse due to the wide range of quests. They are still mostly go here and kill this but that's an mmo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    23 hours on 110 - by now i completed all mythic dungeons and got to 839 itlv - only stuff i have left that interest me is completing stormheim questline and push stupid suramar grind since blizzard is retarded and gated dungeons behind rep.

it not about working hard its about working effectively - just like irl.

- - - Updated - - -

good luck farming 34th trait/paragon levels with 75 AP tokens without AK research
    There is no Surumar rep grind. There is content to complete and it will get you the rep needed.

you are so wrong its almost adorable - cant wait till you get to 110 and see for yourself

- - - Updated - - -

this is sadly very very true - thing is it will be annoying to a lot of people once they relaise how gated they are by slow artifact knowledge reasearch .

- - - Updated - - -

a grind that makes sense - at this point grinding 10k AP has sense - but grinding 100k doesnt (not to mention 1200kk for 34th trait ) untill you push AK to higher levels - but hey you cant push it because you have idiotic artificial 5 days gate for each reaserch - people who wil lcome to play this game in half of year or year wont see it since they will have AK research on daily basis but those who started on launch can either just wait and be pissed or take a break for few weeks which as raiders they cant do.
    How can u complain about "grindy" and "its gated" in the fucking same post?

Grindy would be if there would be no knowledge buff in the game ever, and only dungeon endboss would give you 100 of it. so u have to grind all the billions of artifact power with a 100 per dungeon endboss rate. so u would have to do 65000 dungeons to max out a weapon. This is a Grind, and would probably last for more than 2 years.

Its gated means, that it has no benefit to grind because the time invested in grinding becomes obsolote by waiting a few days for research. 1 dungeon done in december would give the benefit of 10 dungeons done now.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    There is no Surumar rep grind. There is content to complete and it will get you the rep needed.
    for big crowd its not interesting content only stupid grind gating us from real content - its put there artificially so that the zone doesnt look dead right after launch due to how much it sucks for many people - just because you like it dont assume everybody else like it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    How can u complain about "grindy" and "its gated" in the fucking same post?
    AP soft cap wthout AK - theoretically you can grind it even now but its poitnless grind at some point gate only by artificial 5 days x 25 which if they game woudl be any good would be scaling itself to how fast player grinds AP - aka if someone wants to farm hard and got 100-200k AP in first week system should automaticaly reduce time needed for AK to match his grind pace instead cockblocking him cause joe-casual needs to be on similiar pace for god know which reason .

good managing of it owudl be developing such dynamic script for AK. thats what i mean by grind and gating.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-09-05 at 08:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really can't Wait for people to wake up in 2 weeks and start spamming stupid threads about how they can't get into decent mythic /mythic+ groups because everybody good requires 850 itlv for them to join and they will be stuck in wipefest of 820 itlv groups who belived rumor that mythic dungeons are easy spread by organized mythic raiders guild groups coordinated on voice comms with ton of experience from beta
    You can rest assured knowing I won't be starting those threads. I plan on playing this expansion casually in every sense of the word

How was garrison a grind?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    ITT: People who shouldn't be playing MMORPGs complaining about core elements of MMORPGs
    In addition:

- People complaining about the AP grind not realising that the first few AK upgrades are done soon and will MASSIVELY increase the speed
    - People complaining they've already "finished" their main character. If you have 70+ hours /played at max level, what the actual living fuck did you expect? Go do something else!

EDIT: And one last thing, gating in moderation is healthy for the game and stops the addicts from completely exhausting the content. Gating in e.g. Suramar or WoD Legendary Ring feels annoying, but for the start of an expac it's necessary.
    Last edited by trm90; 2016-09-05 at 08:03 AM.

Deleted
    Oh hell...

WoD: *tantrum* "There is nothing to do!"
    Legion: *tantrum "There is too much to do!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    How was garrison a grind?
    People were logging in their alts, farming resources and gold, then exit the game. Yeah.

The only thing I hear is, oh this game has content that we are forced to do to be the best, or gosh we'd get benched. Good luck in unlocking all features of the Artifact right now. Guess what! You aren't supposed to unlock it all from the get go, and if you need it, you have nothing to do in Mythic plus anyhow. So chill out, and enjoy the game instead of this rushing towards the end a week in. Then when you get there you start complaining about having nothing to do and beign burned out. Some people are just beyond reach intellectually.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Ran a couple guildies thru 2 dungeons, 8 bosses later and only 1 person got a drop. If thats not super grindy then I don't know what is..
    TIL bad RNG = grind....lol. We did most of the Mythics this week and a few of our guys got a few pieces within 2 Mythics, some didn't get much if anything at all. RNG loot is RNG.

Is it repetitive though?
    I would say not. Because you have so much to do, that the things wont get old for quite some time - world quests, order hall campaign, dungeons, pvp, normal quests crafting quests, collecting treasures and Suramar storyline (which is fkin brilliant). Ofc, in the core many of those things are all repetitive stuff very similar to things we have done thousand upon thousand times, but they actually made most of it so well designed, that you will enjoy it immensely.

"Grindy" compared to what? Vanilla-TBC? Hell no, not in the same stratosphere in terms of what the game expects of you. However, you can certainly make the game into a grindfest, I already see people chain running dungeons all day to get every bit of Artifact Power and 2 legendaries before raids launch. But that is beyond expectation and what you'll need to participate/successfully complete any of the upcoming content.

10+ Year Old Account
    You will grind for artifact power until your ears bleed out especially after rank 14-15 on artifact.
    You will grind the world quests which 90% of the are lazy copy pastes of previous leveling quests most of them grind x mobs.

Deleted
    for big crowd its not interesting content only stupid grind gating us from real content - its put there artificially so that the zone doesnt look dead right after launch due to how much it sucks for many people - just because you like it dont assume everybody else like it too.

AP soft cap wthout AK - theoretically you can grind it even now but its poitnless grind at some point gate only by artificial 5 days x 25 which if they game woudl be any good would be scaling itself to how fast player grinds AP - aka if someone wants to farm hard and got 100-200k AP in first week system should automaticaly reduce time needed for AK to match his grind pace instead cockblocking him cause joe-casual needs to be on similiar pace for god know which reason .

good managing of it owudl be developing such dynamic script for AK. thats what i mean by grind and gating.
    And just because you hate it don't assume everybody else hates it to.
    Jezus christ, people these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Fathr View Post
    The only thing I hear is, oh this game has content that we are forced to do to be the best, or gosh we'd get benched. Good luck in unlocking all features of the Artifact right now. Guess what! You aren't supposed to unlock it all from the get go, and if you need it, you have nothing to do in Mythic plus anyhow. So chill out, and enjoy the game instead of this rushing towards the end a week in. Then when you get there you start complaining about having nothing to do and beign burned out. Some people are just beyond reach intellectually.
    What about the alts? The game forces you to play your main forever. Well, you can play with only 1 alt if you have time and maybe 2 or 3 if you have all the time you can spare. When Blizz did pruning, I thought that they were trying to turn this game into a half MMO half MOBA. So, people may play multiple classes easier, but look what they did.

Blizz was always generous about giving PvE content... I think. But PvP? They pruned abilities and gave us new abilities in PvP. Some people may fall to that. Blizz gave the amount which they took before, so people think that Blizz is doing them a favor. At least you can have more abilities in PvP, so you can enjoy the gameplay. In PvE, since the pruning hits hard, you have to cling to the story, unless you can't enjoy PvE. Casual PvErs can't do that, since you gotta grind artifact power.

This expansion is too much time consuming. Only the people who play WoW the whole day can enjoy it fully. That's what people wanted anyway. They wanted this game to be hardcore again, but hardcore doesn't mean grindy. It means hard.

Deleted
    The people complaining should gtfo.
    You don't like this game. So gtfo.
    You don't like anything it embodies. So gtfo.
    You don't like quests. Pvp. Dungeons. Professions. So gtfo.
    You don't like to put effort in. So gtfo.
    You don't think you have the time. So gtfo.

In conclusion. GTFO

10+ Year Old Account
    To my knowledge of other games, this isn't even nearly as grindy as them. As well, there are factors of repetitive content, but that is part of the grind too, as well as dailies.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..