Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't noticed at all

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    The mob has absolutely 0 chance of killing you but it takes minutes to kill = hard for you? Damn
    Out of curiosity, what class are you playing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    What's the deal? Have to grind through ordinary mobs with like 8+ nukes.
    Uhm.. not really a grind if mobs just are tougher. And even so, man up, gear up - this isn't WoD anymore, there is a little more challenge in it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

they started this trend of things having too much health in cataclysm.

it's never been fun to me, it's boring to fight trash for so long. a boss mob, yes. random trash, no.

7+ Year Old Account
    I burn through mobs at a decent rate(Outlaw rogue 800 ilvl). I can handle 2-3mobs with defensive cool downs used

they also should make mobs deal more damage aswell

Deleted
    My Outlaw leveling experience with the WoD class trinket was Cheap Shot-MfD-Run Through, next, with the occasional MfD spent on Roll The Bones instead.

Of course the class trinket is massively OP below 110, but still.

On my Enhancement Shaman I kill stuff in 2 Stormstrikes now that I'm 825+. They do keep on hitting like a truck though, but I've come to grips with Healing Surge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they started this trend of things having too much health in cataclysm.

it's never been fun to me, it's boring to fight trash for so long. a boss mob, yes. random trash, no.
    But monsters die in a few hits as well. Once you get gear, and we're only talking about the first stage of heroic dungeon gear, you're already blowing through packs of 110 monsters. Even the slowest specs kill at a decent rate once they have some items.

The mistake you're all making is that you're comparing your WoD ilvl 700+ kill speed to your Legion quest greens sub ilvl 800 kill speed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    How are you at 853 wep?

Does unlocking the third relic slot bugg out the ilvl or something?
    My Doomhammer is 811 without a 3rd relic slot and slightly above average relics in my existing slots.

It's entirely possible.

Deleted
    People are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel to find negatives about Legion, lol.

Mob HP is fine, if anything I wish it was higher.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    Finally! no more casting 2 abilities at a mob and having it fall over. This is an MMO, things take time, including killing mobs that are SUPPOSE to be a threat.

The way it has been in the past is the problem, not the way it is now.
    Just wait til people get raid gear & more content comes around & mobs will die quickly again. Then people will look at the initial mobs from launch & the damage that way better geared players will be doing & start cursing Blizzard again for not delivering harder world content.

People are so used to one-shot everything...

"git gut"

As an Outlaw rogue I often pull 5-8 mobs when doing world quests and burst them down with cds.
    Just get a little bit of gear, and it all becomes way easier

Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    First of all, i'm amazed at all the people at 830+ ilvl in this thread. I know i'm not quite fast this xpac, but jeez :O

Personally, I am sitting around 798 ilvl having dinged 110 only earlier this weekend.
    It's basically about being lucky with world quests, I find. Some of them reward you with Heroic or even Mythic gear right away, on top of having a chance at being war/titanforged. I've had some pretty good luck, so far. After just one week I have a pair of 845 titanforged boots, an 845 titanforged amulet, a 835 warforged chest and 830 warforged pauldrons. I've been pretty diligent about my Nightfallen rep as well and I'm passed honor now, so I have 4 pieces of the Class Hall set at 840.

That Nightfallen rep is the only thing I've grinded heavily, the rest just comes from lucky world quest rewards as well as very few heroic dungeon drops.

what would be the point of having a 24 sec dot if all mobs die in 2 secs?

I get the sense the point of this thread is to complain (mmo n' all) but I'm going to pretend you're saying it's a good thing.

Currently my druid is 837 as balance and if I'm not killing mobs with a full moon crit for 1.1-1.7mil I'm pulling five or six at a time and just burning them down with a few seconds worth of FoE although that requires using a 1.5min cd and can be a bit sketchy. Honestly just get a bit of gear and you go right back to the old days of things dropping dead in a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    they also should make mobs deal more damage aswell
    This so much. More health? Why bother if the danger is still next to zero in getting rolfstomped if you pull "too many".
    Mobs health need to go hand in hand with mob damage. I would argue that mobs health is the weaker of the choice between upping the damage or health of mobs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Really we should be used to it. One day (or one x-pac) you will have threads complaining how the world doesn't feel dangerous. If that gets changed, you have the threads by people who liked to one-shot everything and now complain how killing takes too long.

One day people say how they hate that they could just buy recipes at their trainer in the garrison - and now that has been changed, we got complaints about having to go out and do a quest to aquire recipes.

Not a surprise really with millions of players
    We've been saying that the world isn't dangerous anymore since (to my recollection) around Cataclysm. We've been asking them to "up the health + damage" - instead they "upped" the health only. Wow what danger... being hit by a wet noodle still, but this time around the noodle takes longer to kill!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    The point of a tank is to soak up damage.

Not to be godking of aoe and be able to selfheal more then any healer could.

Try leveling as any melee spec except monk, then try leveling as a vengeance DH.

You are gonna piss yourself laughing at how big the difficulty gap is
    Oh please only melees who cannot gather 10 mobs and murder them for 5 sec are rogues and ferals

Deleted
    Have to agree here... I think either some classes are undertuned or mobs have way too much health.

While leveling my elemental shaman I had no issues on the first 3 zones, but once I replaced my 2-piece tier bonus (no more spamming 100 MS Earth shocks) it got way harder because I no longer have instant 300K nukes and instead have to spam LB.

Now, at 110 with ilvl 789 every normal mob is basically a DPS race relying mostly on how lucky I am with procs and crits. Killing a rare is impossible without using CDs.

Maybe this is how it is supposed to be played... but then you see other classes just faceroll through mobs in 3~4 globals and start wondering if you are doing something wrong. Maybe I am... I saw an enhancement shaman just plowing through mobs that I nearly died to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    What level are you? Ilvl?
    at 833 there's nothing outside of 110+ rares that take more than a couple seconds
    I love these posts. So egalitarian.