Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Actually I'd prefer if they had maybe 1,5x more HP and a bit more damage then now. But already much better state then previous expansions where all the questing was gather 10 mobs, press 1-2 button, mobs dead, go on... In some locations you even need to use your brain - and I guess it is not acceptable by folks who make threads such as this one.

Soudns like its a gearing issue mate.....

If youve done the first 3 zones, have you completed the dungeons at the end? if so they give you new armor.

Have you unlocked the legs by doing each dungeon once? ilvl 830 once upgraded.

Im assumed you have the 830 helm?

Ilvl 789 is kinda sucky, spec resto and heal a few normals to gear yourself up a bit.

Use a follower to help kill mobs from your class hall.

Use cd's wisely, you have BL, Assendance, Artifact, Elemental Mastery, Fire elemental, Rock Elemental, plus any trinkets........... you should have a CD for every single mob!!!!

Dont forget also you can hex. Use a bit of CC till you gear up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Actually I'd prefer if they had maybe 1,5x more HP and a bit more damage then now. But already much better state then previous expansions where all the questing was gather 10 mobs, press 1-2 button, mobs dead, go on... In some locations you even need to use your brain - and I guess it is not acceptable by folks who make threads such as this one.
    I guess it's not? Some people have differing opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Oh please only melees who cannot gather 10 mobs and murder them for 5 sec are rogues and ferals
    Rogues are able to do that tho

Pop the 100% parry and use cds with blade flurry. Most packs die within 2-3 finishers

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    im ilvl 797 and i kill everything that isnt a boss mob or rare or elite in a couple of seconds :I
    but then again, im a frost mage with ice nova, bone chilling and glacial spike, i basically nuke everything down.
    Um yeah, because glacial spike is new frostbolt, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Xeion View Post
    Rogues are able to do that tho

Pop the 100% parry and use cds with blade flurry. Most packs die within 2-3 finishers

/facepalm
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    I guess it's not? Some people have differing opinions?
    Then maybe it is no longer a game which is for people who refuse to use brain while playing?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    I love these posts. So egalitarian.
    It's perfectly egalitarian given we'll all be that ilvl (or 810-820 which is pretty much the same, gameplay-wise) within a few weeks. If they were talking about some Heroic/Mythic Raiding-only ilvl, sure, you'd have a point, but we're not - the gear from your Class Hall alone can get you to what, 840? Assuming you can get jewelery etc. elsewhere.

So sarcasm fail, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Then maybe it is no longer a game which is for people who refuse to use brain while playing?
    Don't talk crazy Grimbold, WoW always has and always will be brain-off-friendly!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that even basic mobs are dangerous and can take a beating. Being able to e.g. go to Hellfire at 58 and oneshot everything besides Fel Reaver (and the summoned crystal boss) gets old fast.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I love that even basic mobs are dangerous and can take a beating. Being able to e.g. go to Hellfire at 58 and oneshot everything besides Fel Reaver (and the summoned crystal boss) gets old fast.
    must admit old it is as in 12 years old as a game, I like it like that, don't it all 12 times at bare minimum I want it quick, I really really don't want to have the "full" slog from 1 to 110 with options to make is much much much quicker, which there is, but I still dislike the recent "balance" to leveling ie slowing it down.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by User007 View Post
    Have to agree here... I think either some classes are undertuned or mobs have way too much health.

While leveling my elemental shaman I had no issues on the first 3 zones, but once I replaced my 2-piece tier bonus (no more spamming 100 MS Earth shocks) it got way harder because I no longer have instant 300K nukes and instead have to spam LB.

Now, at 110 with ilvl 789 every normal mob is basically a DPS race relying mostly on how lucky I am with procs and crits. Killing a rare is impossible without using CDs.

Maybe this is how it is supposed to be played... but then you see other classes just faceroll through mobs in 3~4 globals and start wondering if you are doing something wrong. Maybe I am... I saw an enhancement shaman just plowing through mobs that I nearly died to kill.
    Must admit I like mainly how it is, what I don't like is how unbalance the playing field is between the same specs of the same class.

Currently leveling my warrior, fury is reasonable dps but has the survibvability of a icecube on a barbecue and relatively large amount of down time.

Arms is rage starved to a degree levelling survivability is better on normal mobs and there is less down time.

Prot kills stuff slighly slower but I can pull 6 - 10 mobs and leave the fight on full health.

Now yes prot has always always had this advantage BUT not in 12 years has the DPS specs been so poor for to levelling.

DPS has always been competitive for better in relation to speed of killing stuff and downtime.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I don't feel like being hit by a wet noodle. Actually as a melee with no or little self heal it would get pretty annoying if I had to eat / bandage after every second fight while...say as class that also has a small heal I can quest without pause.
    Well honestly... I bought legion and started questing. Currently at level 101 (yeah I am slow I know and yes I haven't seen everything yet blabla) but mobs.... I can have a whole bunch hit me ... and I might be 60% if I press buttons randomly. If I got 1 on 2 I might have my HP at 90% once they die. What kind of itemlevel do I have currently? I think I am currently 723 or something. So not that great either.

But the problem you would experience with hard hitting mobs... Yeah I can relate to that. I mean I have the advantage of being a paladin. Self healing is no problem ofcourse. But eating and drinking should imo be faster in terms of generating health/mana. Otherwise it is annoying. I would expect when I would engage 2 mobs, to come out of the fight with 50% health loss. Meanwhile I would need to pray to not accidently engage another pack of 2 or more. I would also want back "runners" to increase the chances of getting more mobs at me. This would in turn mean that you need to think about pulling ANYTHING.

Obviously I understand that not everyone would like that. But I would. I don't play many alts and the alts I do play, I would like to have a similar experience with as with my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    It's perfectly egalitarian given we'll all be that ilvl (or 810-820 which is pretty much the same, gameplay-wise) within a few weeks. If they were talking about some Heroic/Mythic Raiding-only ilvl, sure, you'd have a point, but we're not - the gear from your Class Hall alone can get you to what, 840? Assuming you can get jewelery etc. elsewhere.
    From egalitarian to not defensive at all. That's what people think about the community now. Sweetness and light and excruciating politeness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Playing a Clothie is absolutely atrocious in Suramar.

"Oh, lets try to kite" fucking nope every single mob has a charge. Its especially bad for a Mage because outside of Cauterizing Blink you have no real heal, so you more or less have to eat for 20 seconds after every second mob.

Lets not forget that Suramar is packed with mobs anyway so have fun pulling just one even if you sheep.
    Caut blink was sent to us by gods. The most OPed self-heal mages ever had. The only difficulty i had with kiting was in Suramar and PvP-local-quests. In suramar, if you try to kite anyone - you pull 3 more mobs and get stuck in a tree root. On PvP local quests FUCKING DRUIDS GET THE FUCK OFF ME
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Only the last part in my experience.
    As a Warlock, i don't think the mobs even broke my shield once. Even if my pet f'ed up and pulled 6-7 mobs it barely gets below 80% health. But the mobs take really long to kill.
    Thats quite annoying for me. They pose no danger, they just have a boatload of hitpoints. And since destro is like a four button class now it's not really fun to have long fights.
    If wow was one of those action MMOs that released lately i wouldn't mind but here i literally only stand in one spot and press 3224111122411112241111 and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Almost always been the case for fire mages. That's why you spec'd frost while leveling/questing.
    Don't tell me what to do.

But seriously, if only ignite wasn't spreading to non-aggroed-neutral-mobs i would be so happy. In legion leveling as non-frost is a valid option. You get problems only at 110 while not having at least 2 bonuses from the hall set and/or food with extra hp regen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post

So sarcasm fail, I think.

Don't talk crazy Grimbold, WoW always has and always will be brain-off-friendly!
    Well I mean those who refuse to use even that tiny fraction of brain which is now necessary

Quote Originally Posted by User007 View Post
    Have to agree here... I think either some classes are undertuned or mobs have way too much health.

While leveling my elemental shaman I had no issues on the first 3 zones, but once I replaced my 2-piece tier bonus (no more spamming 100 MS Earth shocks) it got way harder because I no longer have instant 300K nukes and instead have to spam LB.

Now, at 110 with ilvl 789 every normal mob is basically a DPS race relying mostly on how lucky I am with procs and crits. Killing a rare is impossible without using CDs.

Maybe this is how it is supposed to be played... but then you see other classes just faceroll through mobs in 3~4 globals and start wondering if you are doing something wrong. Maybe I am... I saw an enhancement shaman just plowing through mobs that I nearly died to kill.
    they arent - those who faceroll though mobs are 110 chars in 830 itlv gear doin dailies which are made of exackly the same quests are leveling ones.

The ungeared level 110 start is harsh because monsters have a lot of health. As a fury warrior this didn't bothered me because I must have one of the best healing of the game. Some classes must have hard time by starting but when you get around 810 ilevel (normal dungeon ilevel at max level I think ?) they start to be jokes and you can take packs of 4 / 5 without die.

The beginning is always "harder" than the start when you're doing daylies or other thing and it's not a bad thing since it made me want to go get stuff in dungeon fast.

The thing that should get revised in my opinion is the monster damages and health during the solo class quest at the beginning of the expac, when you go get your weapon. I wasn't full stuff, and my alts won't probably be full stuff either, and I had a really hard time doing my quests. That was the only hard moment I had during my leveling, and it's made to make you think your artifact really empower you but this might be too brutal.

Yeah I'm having to hit some stuff three times before it dies. The struggle is real.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

It seems like some people have no concept of time, or is playing one of the specs that does not rely as much on gear/stats.

It just feels amazing when you are killing a rare and do 50k dps as fury since you got no crits. Either fix classes or better scale health/damage, i would prefer fixing classes but too late for that now. Already have decent gear giving me crit