Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Legion: The End.

By now I'm rather convinced Legion is the last xpac.

Artifacts.

It won't make much sense to replace them with anything, especially after the whole trait farm. They have a sense of finality. A strong sense of finality. Either you keep the same weapon for the next N xpacs, or this is it. If anything sounds any worse than "this is it", it's keeping a maxed out Legion artifact for the rest of your WoW days. A short questline to "absord the power of your artifact" and effectively keep the talent tree but free the weapon slot - now that would be so cheesy I'd rather hope even Blizzard would do something else instead.

Zones.

As I have already said on MMOC: each levelling zone of the Broken Isles, perhaps with the exception of Highmountain, is a scrapped xpac. Light's Heart's content is another, scrapped, Titan xpac.

Caving in but keeping grudges.

Blizz gave up on a lot for Legion. So now everyone gets an Ashbringer, a Doomhammer, a Felo'melorn. Level scaling is finally in, years after better game developers showed us how it's done. Shared tagging of common mobs is finally in, years after better game developers showed us how it's done. The first promisingly orcless xpac is finally in.
    Every piece comes with a lot of Blizdev butthurt copiously expressed in details.

So everyone gets a Doomhammer. Which is an Enh weapon while Ele gets some claws. Some dev must have creamed his pants when he got that past QA.
    Pallies get the Ashbringer, death knights get some anonymous shit. To be allowed to gather shards of Frostmourne, frosties get locked into DW style but with playstyle revolving around the all-time 2H favourite, Obliterate. Wut.
    With the artifact attunement, pre-Panda talent trees are back. Because they should never have been removed and even Blizdevs were made to see it. Oh, but you'll have to level each of them separately while completion of class questline seems to require obtaining every last one, even if, like my GF, you have no interest whatsoever in some of your class' specs (in her case any non-Resto shammy, fortunately she doesn't give half a fuck about Doomhammer while myself I think I'll be getting all of them shammy weapons).
    Level scaling got implemented in a way which makes it half a blessing and half a curse with stat scaling and xp-scrooging that makes every zone compulsory for every alt and playstyle progressively less rewarding as you give up the HFC raiding gear piece by piece and finally break the sets. Hopefully non-raiding folks don't get this sense of levelling up making them progressively weaker.

Shared tagging got introduced to the game about 6 years too late. Compare behaviour of players in GW2 and in Legion and you'll get my meaning. I think the most enjoyable aspect for Blizdevs is skinning and skinner-trolling, so popular among the faithful WoW playerbase and already gloated about on the good old MMOC. As if converting skins to drops that require Skinning skill was particularly difficult. Once again, Blizdevs do get forced to acknowledge superiority of mechanics used as a matter of course by better MMO makers, but when they do finally ape it, they do their best to poison the begrudged gift as virulently as possible.

Garrisons 2.0 also show a lovely mix of good and plain sucky. Devs clearly dumped a long shitton of time into their WoD version, with all the expanding and upgrading and pimping up. They forgot that their most apologetic fanbase sections are ways too sociopathic to ever appreciate a major feature completely preventing them from most of the griefing. Every single newbscrub got his own mine and his own herb garden. Unforgivable. The hate boiled, with the surface excuse of empty world where people sat in garrisons because they were forced to. As if they had any incentive to go out. Also, before the release, garrisons were implied to be customizable to great degree including location and so on.
    So now we have new and better garrisons: each in a different place and accessed in different ways. DKs can go to directly their order hall at will, others... not so easily. Garrison campaign is finally actually mandatory by gating the third relic slot, but we're no longer all alone in our garprisons. Now that you're the world leader of paladins, clearly indicated by the legendary Ashbringer slung across your light-worshipping back, you go to your garrison table surrounded by 30 other world leaders of paladins with identical Ashbringers slung across their backs. The level of interaction and socializing between the world leaders is exactly the same as between The Generals in Garrison 1.0, just rubbed in the critics' faces con gusto. However - it doesn't seem like you're getting the resource nodes, so you can fully appreciate another flightless xpac. Finally, forget the free gold factory. Har, har.

In short, in almost every aspect of mechanics there is a huge cave-in and a huge middle finger. As if making the final "reconciliation" with the playerbase by fulfilling all the wishes in a way that makes people wish they never wished. That final, all-encompassing have your toys and now fuck off forever.

This is The End.
    Also, the sky is falling.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-09-05 at 03:34 PM.

Deleted
    I dont have World of Warcraft: Legion the End in my client.. Is it a new patch that's not out for EU? All I can do right now is play Legion -.-. But that is alright, because I fucking like it.

Deleted
    K

/thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norian45 View Post
    I dont have World of Warcraft: Legion the End in my client..
    Your updater must be broken. Fix it fast or you'll never get the recent patch that triples legendary item drop rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you went the deep end with your rant there. :P

I'd be inclined to believe it could be the last expansion, but the fact that the devs are already theorizing how they will move forward with artifact talents in the expansion afterwards as well as mentioning that an expansion after Legion would come with another number squish, maybe it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    By now I'm rather convinced Legion is the last xpac.
    Ya blizzard is totally going to kill there multi-billion dollar cash cow....LOL

You do realize Everquest is like 20 years old and still puts out expansions right?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I doubt that. Most people seem to really enjoy the expantion and they have way too much money invested in WoW to end it for years.

Maybe RPGs are just not for you? Have you seem the rather large collection of games Facebook has. Might be more your kind of games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I think you went the deep end with your rant there. :P

I'd be inclined to believe it could be the last expansion, but the fact that the devs are already theorizing how they will move forward with artifact talents in the expansion afterwards as well as mentioning that an expansion after Legion would come with another number squish, maybe it isn't.
    Are you sure it's a rant?
    My main is blood whom I wouldn't expect to get FM anyway and whose order hall is most conveniently accessible.
    My primary craft is blacksmithing, which doesn't suffer form skintrolling.
    I already play GW2 and SWTOR which are still going forward.

Anyhoo, another number squish would be necessary if only due to sheer silliness of 1000+ ilvl numbers, but it doesn't seems quite as much as all the things hinting towards The End™.

Are you sure it's a rant?
    My main is blood whom I wouldn't expect to get FM anyway and whose order hall is most conveniently accessible.
    My primary craft is blacksmithing, which doesn't suffer form skintrolling.
    I already play GW2 and SWTOR which are still going forward.

Anyhoo, another number squish would be necessary if only due to sheer silliness of 1000+ ilvl numbers, but it doesn't seems quite as much as all the things hinting towards The End™.
    They have done confirmed there is another squish coming and it will be in the expansion that fallows legion. They said with everything they was doing in legion it would have eaten up to much time to do a squish as well.

Once again blizzard makes 100's of millions of dollars a year on WoW. If you think they are going to end it anytime soon I got a sea side house in kentucky to sell you.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

"We're not actively working on anything on the MMO front that is not World of Warcraft. We were completely dedicated to the Warlords of Draenor expansion and now the Legion expansion. We're even thinking about the expansion after that - we're already talking about what comes next." - J. Allen Brack, speaking to IGN at Gamescom 2015.

In short, I highly doubt it.

considering they said it's not, one would have to be really stupid to think it is.

The team went into Warlords thinking about the story for the next few expansions so that they would flow together well.

front page.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2016-09-05 at 11:14 AM.

Good post, but it falls apart when you consider the fact that Blizzard has said, for the past four expansions, that they still have other expansions coming.

Legion isn't the end. Deal with it. Quit trying to come up with conspiracy theories. They very specifically have said, in many different ways, that there's more coming after Legion.

...Once again, Blizdevs do get forced to acknowledge superiority of mechanics used as a matter of course by better MMO makers...
    What? Better MMO makers? Watch out for knowledge bomb - there are none. No MMO came even close to WoW popularity - so enlighten us - who are those "better MMO" makers?

Also your post does not make much sense. You are just bashing WoW as in your previous thread for no apparent reason and pulling out utterly bad conspiracy theories...

Deleted
    They even announced in the latest Gamescom Q&A that they're not done, not by a long shot.

What can you do when you live a truly useless life, but can't waste it away in WoW any longer because you're too burnt out, jaded and butthurt towards the developer?

You reach the next nadir in this tragic downward spiral: you type up long-ass nonsense rants on MMO-C.

This just in: Subs are higher than they've been in years.

So ask yourself, will hundreds of millions of dollars allow them to find someone with ideas for new xpac?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    No. You aren't making any sense and what you present as evidence has nothing to back it up.

Pretty sure Ion already stated they have 8.0 and 9.0 in the works. You can milk this game forever. People are always gonna come back for a new expansions even if the last one was utter shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    What? Better MMO makers? Watch out for knowledge bomb - there are none. No MMO came even close to WoW popularity - so enlighten us - who are those "better MMO" makers?

Also your post does not make much sense. You are just bashing WoW as in your previous thread for no apparent reason and pulling out utterly bad conspiracy theories...
    Popularity does not necessarily mean another MMO was bad. Just a few things that WoW has brought in from other MMOs are things like aoe looting, shared mob tagging, and world/instance scaling.

Not saying OP isnt just saying things to cause drama, but Blizzard does watch other MMOs and see things that work well and bring them over.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    They even announced in the latest Gamescom Q&A that they're not done, not by a long shot.
    Not that I think they're done but what Blizz says and what they do are entirely different beasts.

OP: Artifacts can stay forever since they can be endlessly upgraded with higher ilvl relics, skins and talent tree tweaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.