Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    In a quest in Azsuna you retrieve a journal from one of the ships whose crew was aware of Sylvanas' plans about the Val'kyr and it mentions her wanting to steal their power. It could be meant metaphorically, but I think it does give some credibility to the option that she wanted to strip Eyir of her power as was mentioned at the start of the other thread on the topic.
    If she could choose, i would not really be surprised if she wanted the "ressing the dead as forsaken" ability for herself. Why have Val'kyr when she could just do it by herself?

It would also be a pretty great character development, since it would connect her more to the nearly-lichking-but-serves-the-horde thing she has been building up since Cata. Would be great to see a real undead necromancer be a leader in the horde, ressing the enemy dead during a battle
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    That isn't really a fair choice, though. I don't think there are many people who enjoy dying (a second time even). To make it worse, Sylvanas / the Forsaken don't even limit their targets to just people who attacked the Forsaken.
    Most of the undead that didn't want to be undead that we killed were pretty happy about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

when you actually start Stormheim as Horde the first thing you see is PC with Nathanos and Sylvanas on the ship, she walks with you and talks about how she often has been thinking about the future of the Forsaken lately and how it must be secured since they cannot reproduce, otherwise they will wither out

sounds real evil

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    when you actually start Stormheim as Horde the first thing you see is PC with Nathanos and Sylvanas on the ship, she walks with you and talks about how she often has been thinking about the future of the Forsaken lately and how it must be secured since they cannot reproduce, otherwise they will wither out

sounds real evil
    Except they were already dead? And her own quotes makes it clear this 2nd life is a curse? And unless she's trying to follow in Lich King's footsteps, there's no reason to visit this curse upon more people? I'm all about current Forsaken trying to make the most of what's been done to them, but raising more victims - knowing some will freak out and kill their friends/family - is entirely uncalled for.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

letting a whole faction slowly die out is also uncalled for

She's leading a faction whose entire means of "reproduction" is obtaining the corpses of dead humans. I think that speaks for itself really.

Legion is all about class fantasy and going back to the roots of the archetype.

Remember the ultimate ability that Sylvanas and other Dark Rangers had in The Frozen Throne?

Honestly, I was surprised to find out that we're supporting Odyn over Helya. Calling Helya "obviously evil" strikes me as somewhat ironic, considering Odyn basically did to her what Sylvanas was trying to do to Eyir.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Honestly, I was surprised to find out that we're supporting Odyn over Helya. Calling Helya "obviously evil" strikes me as somewhat ironic, considering Odyn basically did to her what Sylvanas was trying to do to Eyir.
    Helya and Odyn are two sides of the same coin, she enslaved Vrykul souls after he turned her into a valkyr after all, despite being against it at the very beginning. Odyn just seems friendlier, while Helya is obviously messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Helya and Odyn are two sides of the same coin, she enslaved Vrykul souls after he turned her into a valkyr after all, despite being against it at the very beginning. Odyn just seems friendlier, while Helya is obviously messed up.
    She was forced to by Odyn's magic, it's not like she reluctantly did it of her own volition. Not until she went cuckoo, anyway.

I hope we take down Odyn in a later raid

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    She was forced to by Odyn's magic, it's not like she reluctantly did it of her own volition. Not until she went cuckoo, anyway.
    I meant after she broke free and created her own little realm. So she became Odyn's obviously more vicious mirror image.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I meant after she broke free and created her own little realm. So she became Odyn's obviously more vicious mirror image.
    Kinda parallels the Lich King and Sylvanas, to me. Not exactly, but enough.

parallels the Lich King and Sylvanas
    because Lich King worried about the future of the Scourge (like Sylvanas does for Forsaken) all the time rite

or fought together with the Alliance/saved his warchief on the Broken Shore

people are really fishing for the whole "Sylvanas is Lich Queen" thing, it just aint there

at best Sylvanas can do a questionable act when the situation is desperate enough

they already did the whole "one of the faction leaders turns heel" with Garrosh and it was more than enough

now they're doing the reverse and "redeeming" Illidan .. and the only big villains for any foreseable WoW future will either be obvious bad guys (Legion, Old Gods, Azshara etc. .. more Legion on Argus, Void) or a good guy (Khadgar ?) getting possessed/corrupted in a very obvious way by Fel/Void

as for getting her plan foiled - most likely its a setup for what was written on the Legion site a year ago - Sylvanas having to make a hard choice between herself and Forsaken/the effort against the Legion

7+ Year Old Account
    people are really fishing for the whole "Sylvanas is Lich Queen" thing, it just aint there
    I wonder when this gonna end
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

if anything Id be more worried about ol Bolvar and what the DKs in the DK order hall campaign are up to ...

but even then theres no way they will do a Lick King v2 redux lol (I hope)

Deleted
    if anything Id be more worried about ol Bolvar and what the DKs in the DK order hall campaign are up to ...

but even then theres no way they will do a Lick King v2 redux lol (I hope)
    It's ok, I would love to see all these people that parrot "Sylvanas is on the path of becoming the Lich Queen" because they think it makes them sound smart try and justify themselves when they get hit with the reality eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by NFA View Post
    She's leading a faction whose entire means of "reproduction" is obtaining the corpses of dead humans. I think that speaks for itself really.
    She's recycling

because Lich King worried about the future of the Scourge (like Sylvanas does for Forsaken) all the time rite

or fought together with the Alliance/saved his warchief on the Broken Shore

at best Sylvanas can do a questionable act when the situation is desperate enough

they already did the whole "one of the faction leaders turns heel" with Garrosh and it was more than enough

now they're doing the reverse and "redeeming" Illidan .. and the only big villains for any foreseable WoW future will either be obvious bad guys (Legion, Old Gods, Azshara etc. .. more Legion on Argus, Void) or a good guy (Khadgar ?) getting possessed/corrupted in a very obvious way by Fel/Void

as for getting her plan foiled - most likely its a setup for what was written on the Legion site a year ago - Sylvanas having to make a hard choice between herself and Forsaken/the effort against the Legion
    My statement was because Odyn forced Helya into serving his as a shepard of the dead, much like the Lich King forced Sylvanas into serving him as an instrument of death. Both were freed and fought against their former masters. Both former masters were subsequently trapped in a flying keep/ice with their dead minions. Both women were driven to a form of madness by their treatment and torment, to the point their morals have become dubious and dark.

I'm not saying Sylvanas is a Lich Queen, if anything I find her sympathetic, much like Helya.

Both women were driven to a form of madness by their treatment and torment, to the point their morals have become dubious and dark.
    Helya is a raving raid boss type character from what Ive seen in the 7.1 preview

Sylvanas has adjusted (more or less) and has been a stable faction leader for many years now (and now - Leader of the Horde)

I would not call that similar