Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    There's nothing more to say until you grasp the concept that a sub time of one month is not the metric that matters.
    how is it not the metric that matters you say they add stuff to keep you subed longer the sub last a month none of the stuff you have stated would matter on a month to month basic none of it would make you sub for more then 1 month.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    once again you pay for a month if some thing takes 3 weeks unless you have 4 different things that take like 3 weeks your gonna be subed for more then a month if you start some thing that takes 2 weeks and you have another thing that takes 2 weeks after that your gonna be subed for 2 months while yo do it unless you start the first thing the first day of your sub and cancel your sub and finish right on the last day of it.
    With no punctuation, I have no idea what you're even trying to say here.

ya your not refuting my point unless you have some kind of goal that takes exactly 30 days to do and you start on day 1 of 30 or your gonna be subed for more then 1 month any way so why care if some thing takes slighter longer it really doesn't matter and is unlikely to effect your month to month subbing.
    I think a politician once said, "a million here, a million there, soon we'll be talking REAL money."

Yes, it's an extra week on this activity.

Then there's an extra week on another activity.

And more on another.

They're eking out the content.

When you can't create content to keep people subscribed, you put in time gates to get more subscription dollars.

Deleted
    Still a few people posting the same crap over and over I see.

Firstly, the guard mechanic is a good idea and would be acceptable to most who have a problem with needing to venture into a PVP area for PVE content however it doesn't work. If you employ a guard they disappear the next time some one bribes the guards so until this is fixed please stop referring to it as a "solution" to our problem.

Secondly, we have no problem with the sewers being PVP. We have a problem with Blizzard choosing to have a highly desirable PVE quest chain take us down there. They didn't need to do this. They chose to make those who would obviously be doing PVE content step into a PVP area. This is forced PVP on a majority of players they know don't want to do it.

Thing is they didn't need the guard at all, they've had a voluntary PVP flag system for years that has worked well. Why didn't they just stick with that and keep PVP as an option on PVE servers?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I think a politician once said, "a million here, a million there, soon we'll be talking REAL money."

Yes, it's an extra week on this activity.

Then there's an extra week on another activity.

And more on another.

They're eking out the content.

When you can't create content to keep people subscribed, you put in time gates to get more subscription dollars.
    that only works if the gate is longer then a month though and i've yet to see any thing that is time gated to that extent and most of the activity's you can do in the same week as the others so its not like say the golden lotus and shadapan daily's where you cant do the shadapan at all unless you do the lotus first.

'Proper' PvP? As in the dominant faction just zerging anyone from the opposite faction and making it unplayable for that faction? Ya, too bad it is FFA and the Dalaran sewers aren't just dominated by whatever faction blizzard decided would make up 90% of your realm group.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Good thing I never bought Legion.

On a PvE server because of play style choice.
    If Blizz removes that choice, then yes, they do deserve to lose paying subscriptions. (I've a few weeks left on mine)

The term going around for the direction that the game is going in is "Blizztarded."™
    Honestly, that's just stupid. Granted I don't understand that underbelly bit, I've been there, I won't be there again. (for some reason I became a giant, could not fit through the exit and some warlock had it in for me) I don't care for pvp and I will never care for it.
    But. Legion is probably one of the best expacs they have done since vanilla. Hands down.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Good thing I never bought Legion.

On a PvE server because of play style choice.
    If Blizz removes that choice, then yes, they do deserve to lose paying subscriptions. (I've a few weeks left on mine)

The term going around for the direction that the game is going in is "Blizztarded."™
    Indeed a good thing you never bought Legion. Now you could leave this forums as well - crying about Blizzard removing your choice of playstyle in a game you do not even play any more is useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    that only works if the gate is longer then a month though and i've yet to see any thing that is time gated to that extent and most of the activity's you can do in the same week as the others so its not like say the golden lotus and shadapan daily's where you cant do the shadapan at all unless you do the lotus first.

For christsakes, surely you're not that dense? That or you're being contrarian. A MONTH SUB DOESN'T MATTER.

A time gate takes you longer to complete content than you normally would. That wastes your sub time, regardless of how much time is left on your sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelleous View Post
    Pretty hilarious that a section that is .001% of legion would cause you not to sub because it is forced pvp.
    It's more like about 30% of classes that are affected by the fun down in the sewers. Again, I think a convenient FFA is fun, but people shouldn't be jumping through hoops that are WAY out of line in inconvenience, just to get to their class hall or do profession quests.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    It's more like about 30% of classes that are affected by the fun down in the sewers. Again, I think a convenient FFA is fun, but people shouldn't be jumping through hoops that are WAY out of line in inconvenience, just to get to their class hall or do profession quests.
    0.01% is pretty accurate for the total amount of time you're "forced" to spend in there. They really just need to make the bodyguard stuff clearer and non-buggy and there's no reason to complain. I'm no PvPer, but I've been down there multiple times doing stuff and had no problems beyond HORRIBLE LAG AND FPS DROPS OH GOD. I got killed once but it was on me (hung around after guards left).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    ...or if you have other things you would rather be doing. It's simple enough: let people who PVP flag up and do their thing. Let those who are doing other things do theirs. I don't do PVP all that much although if SW/Org gets invaded and I'm around I'll get involved with that quickly enough. And that's just fun. It is. I miss the days when the AH in SW would become a graveyard of skeletons.

But if I want to do a profession quest, changing the conditions so that it takes 15 minutes of slogging through the FFA area is at best annoying and at worst the sort of thing that makes people even less likely to be social. I understand that Blizzard would love for more people to get involved with world PVP but this is clunky, likely to have exactly the opposite effect intended, and therefore stupid.
    Exactly. I play on a PvE server for a reason - PvP is pointless for me, it's just an additional waste of my time on top of all the unnessesary timesink bullshit which is already in the game. (There are MMOs where quest items drop from every mob which can provide the quest item. No more getting brainless, toothless, hearless or whatever things.)

If my PvP flag is off, then I would like to go without it. If I go to a world quest objective which flags me for PvP, then I willingly do so, but in the sewers, it's too random and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    I'm not sure you're understanding the issue, or perhaps refusing to.

It's not a rare occurrence, it's a part of the questline for one (or possibly more) profession. Every person with the same profession(s) are affected. It is actually going to be a common occurrence.

Again. No problem with PVP area. Problem with PVE being required to go in there. Remove that and PVP'ers can keep the underbelly and do whatever they like.

Although BMAH users might also want to chime in and ask for it to be moved to a more PVE friendly environment.
    Except it's not an on-going part of the professions; it's a quick in-and-out that takes less time to complete than people are spending on this thread atm. Just get it over with and don't look back; you won't have to worry about it any more.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    The problem is it turns into a FFA PVP zone EVEN ON PVE servers.
    You can pay 5 gold and avoid this whole ordeal in less than 2 seconds, the payment is less than 2 trashmobs.

Deleted
    Done 3 quests down there I think, first one I did while the guards were in and had plenty of time to do what I needed to do.

Second and third the guards were out and for one I still just ran in, did what I needed to do and was on my way. For the third I died twice, but still not a major issue for me. I got involved in the rumble a bit that time and got 1800 sightless eyes in the space of about 5-6 minutes.

I found it enjoyable, I won't seek it out often but I sometimes poke my head in if I want to look at something, if the guards aren't up I just head back out.

Am i the only one that does not get attacked/killed unless i attack anyone? Have had no problem doing my quests down there.

Now lets talk about the annoying free for all pvp WQ...

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Am i the only one that does not get attacked/killed unless i attack anyone?
    Well, yes...

I mean, you walk in there when the guards are out, people attack you... period... least on my server. I've literally never attacked anyone down there but...

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    ^^^This, just SO much this.

Profession quests send you down there (sometimes repeatedly). And the quest line for the obliteratum forge. I'm on a PVE server by choice. I made that choice because I spent my first three years of WoW leveling and raiding on a pvp server (back in Vanilla, when pvp was supposedly so great). Never again will I willingly play on a pvp server.

To have Blizzard force pvp on people who frankly don't want it, don't like it and (in many cases) don't even know it will happen, is just pure stupidity (or outright malice, I'm not sure which). I can guarantee that people who are thrust into that and have to deal with the ganking and general bullshit while they're simply trying to get a profession quest done are not going to suddenly find pvp thrilling and want to engage in it in any sort of venue.

Oh and the guards? Yeah. Sure. You can hire a guard. Good luck on having the bastard actually stick around. They bug out, they can be bribed to "vanish" and are mostly there so Blizzard can say "but you can hire a guard so you aren't pvp flagged". The whole "hire a guard" thing makes it plain they KNEW people would be pissed off about this, and they didn't give a damn. Poor decision making on their part.

I hate it, and really resent the method Blizzard chose to implement it. If they wanted to make a FFA zone in the capital city, then for the love of anything holy, DON'T make it a mandatory place for any quest line other than pure pvp quests so the people who want to pvp can go there and the people who DON'T want to pvp never have to see the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigenn View Post
    ^^^This, just SO much this.

Profession quests send you down there (sometimes repeatedly). And the quest line for the obliteratum forge. I'm on a PVE server by choice. I made that choice because I spent my first three years of WoW leveling and raiding on a pvp server (back in Vanilla, when pvp was supposedly so great). Never again will I willingly play on a pvp server.

To have Blizzard force pvp on people who frankly don't want it, don't like it and (in many cases) don't even know it will happen, is just pure stupidity (or outright malice, I'm not sure which). I can guarantee that people who are thrust into that and have to deal with the ganking and general bullshit while they're simply trying to get a profession quest done are not going to suddenly find pvp thrilling and want to engage in it in any sort of venue.

Oh and the guards? Yeah. Sure. You can hire a guard. Good luck on having the bastard actually stick around. They bug out, they can be bribed to "vanish" and are mostly there so Blizzard can say "but you can hire a guard so you aren't pvp flagged". The whole "hire a guard" thing makes it plain they KNEW people would be pissed off about this, and they didn't give a damn. Poor decision making on their part.

I hate it, and really resent the method Blizzard chose to implement it. If they wanted to make a FFA zone in the capital city, then for the love of anything holy, DON'T make it a mandatory place for any quest line other than pure pvp quests so the people who want to pvp can go there and the people who DON'T want to pvp never have to see the place.
    I did the quest for the obliterum forge. Took me 5 minutes. How much time have people wasted complaining on this thread? If you spend more time here than you spent doing quest in sewers, where's the sense in that?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Yeah it sucked when I went down there for the first time not knowing what was going on, but I thought it was quite nice to see an area put up for people to just PvP. There are ways to avoid it (bodyguard, and don't even try to argue that 5 gold is a lot of money) and I have only had one or two quests out of over a hundred that sent me there, and they were for professions and not main line quests.
    RETH