Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    If you sort by rarity you get 200 stacks at the start... /thread

Deleted
    Yes, the AH is broken.
    Yes, addons won't work with a broken AH.

This is nothing new and I suffered from this issue already in WoD everytime someone would decide to post 20+ pages of single items.

The solution is simple but not optimal... Scan the AH, find the cheapest price and then buy directly from gatherers by using /2, you might even get a discount because you don't pay the AH cut.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    They don't need to limit the number of auctions. The AH just needs to merge all of the posts of the same item at the same price into a big pile. The seller selects the bid and buyout price per unit. The buyer can see how many are left and choose how many he wants to buy.

Hundreds of potential listings are merged into a single one. People can still singles if they want, but they no longer need an AddOn to buy mass quantities of single ore auctions (or even worse, manually buying each one).

I'd even be fine for hot selling items to follow a similar system to the token. A fixed, region wide price that fluctuates depending on demand.
    This is actually already the case in the WoW Remote AH. Everything of the same price gets stacked into 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Currently, I am my boss. And despite my complaints to HR, I simply will not stop sexually harassing myself.

making it almost impossible to level professions without a gatherer.
    theres your problem

roll crafting + gatherer on every char

I literally revised ALL my characters on all servers the day before launch so that each has craft + gathering .. doesnt matter if its just 1/800

so far have been able to keep up and progress on both my craft and gathering prof quests just with the mats picked up along while questing, didnt need to visit the AH even once

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Curious for those who are not noticing a slow down, are you on low pop servers?
    Slower, but nothing like you're describing. It almost isn't noticeable for me. AD-EU, using TSM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Just keep paying me 90g for my single Felslate auctions and STFU. You're welcome.
    You are what's wrong with this world. Posting single-stacks on the AH takes a special kind of evil.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

i think the real problem right now are the prices...200g for ONE felslate...that shit is as common as herpes on a hooker - thankfully i have a guild leader that gave me some for free

Deleted
    Dude, you are missing the point, even with Auctionator, on high population servers, you cannot buy crafting mats.

Back to the example: You use Auctionator, you go to the search function, you put leystone ore in:

First it scans the AH for leystone ore, 60ish pages of scanning takes Auctionator about 15-20min.

Second, you select one of the options, like the first guy who is posting in stacks instead of singles, you tell it you want to buy, Auctionator scans for that auction again, another 5-10 min wait.

At that point you try to buy it, wait 2 min and you get an error saying the auction is not found. You are not at 20-30 minutes and still have not bought any more ore. Repeat the second step. Pray.

Now maybe that is different on different realms. But that is what it is currently like on Silvermoon EU.
    no it doesnt take that much time...i scan 60 pages in like a half minute, maybe even less, whole auction house scans for about 2-3 minutes for me (Frostmane EU here, pretty populated server, had 0 issues so far)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A few points here:

1) Suggesting that people use an addon to fix a problem with the game is not helpful. At best it's a stop-gap measure. There is a problem with the AH system and it should be fixed in the game.
    2) Even using addons doesn't solve the problem. It just makes them not as bad.

I posted to the official forums the other day suggesting that this needs to be fixed as well, but all it got was a single downvote. One possible remedy would be to restrict the number of auctions someone can post in a day to something like 500. If some retard wants to list all his mats as singles he'll struggle to move any decent trade through the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    And here I thought this was about a broken feature, but it isn't, it is just complaints about the market and sellers.
    No it is a complaint about a broken feature. It's just that the sellers that post 1000 auctions of one stack are probably the root cause, that's why those complaints are relevant.

If the AH UI worked despite those knuckleheads then I wouldn't give a shit if they want to spend the time to make 1000 one item auctions. But right now on high pop servers that is breaking the AH so I do object.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Your failure at logic prevents me from further engaging in a fruitless back-and-forth blundery with you. Whine on!
    Oh darn, think of the fun we're missing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Its either bullshit or auctionator is shit.

Im playing on one of the most populated server in EU. And have no real problem with the ah using TSM. Is it slower than usual ? Sure, there are 60+ pages of everything. But not that long.
    Yeah you're right. I made it all up. So did all the other people who claimed they are having AH problems. The AH is working fine. /s

They broke the AH by requiring a pair of crafted bracers from each profession for this Trial by Fel Fire quest for the Obliterum forge. The prices are ridiculous the cloth ones are up for 25k right now like get real.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    no it doesnt take that much time...i scan 60 pages in like a half minute, maybe even less, whole auction house scans for about 2-3 minutes for me (Frostmane EU here, pretty populated server, had 0 issues so far)
    It does on Silvermoon. Try it.

If people would stop using the shitty addon called auctionator. It sucks for fast moving items. TSM is a little better, just avoid buying the absolute cheapest since those items are mostly gone by the time you finish the scan.

Also use AH in empty areas, i find my garrison to be the fastes (You do have AH in your garrison, right? Plebs?)

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    to be fair, this is only a "problem" on high pop servers, and silvermoon-eu is the highest pop alliance realm in the whole region, and one of the highest pop realms overall, on medium-low pop realms this isn't an issue, furthermore the "single" auction items are also necessary, sometimes (and from my own personal experience as i used to own several markets on my own realm a while back) the majority of stuff i was selling would sell better as a single list item, than as a huge stack (back when stack size was limited to 20 etc), i would guess that this pattern exists today and that it is more profitable to list individual items than a stack, there are multiple addons to use to help smooth out the process, i agree the AH needs an overhaul since it hasn't been changed much since classic, but nothing too major, maybe updates to the default UI but it works fine for the majority of people.
    When it comes to ores and such listing them at a lower single price is just silly, generally people who buy ore don't need just 1 or 2, they need a whole lot.
    Take Felslate for example, it's been listed as low as 50g per, I put my stack of 50-200 up and list it at 75-80g per ore and it sells almost immediately while all the single stacks remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Actimel View Post
    If you sort by rarity you get 200 stacks at the start... /thread
    This doesn't fix every problem with the AH, but I'll admit I didn't know this, if it works I'll drink a beer in your honor.

This doesn't fix every problem with the AH, but I'll admit I didn't know this, if it works I'll drink a beer in your honor.
    I can confirm as well that sorting by rarity also sorts by the buyout price.

So you get a mix of stack ordering based on their unit price.

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Not problem whatsoever, to buy or sell anything.

Just install whatever addon you like, I'm using TSM because I sell/buy a lot.

Scans for posting/buying takes a few seconds. That's it.
    Takes me 3-4 minutes to scan the ~5k Leystone Ore auctions when posting using TSM.

The stock UI auction house has always been an enormous liquid bowel movement. As time goes on it becomes more urgent and more cabbagy and more explosive.

There's no simple fix for the WoW AH but here are two simple things Blizzard could do:

(1) Limit any one account's posting of items to no more than 10 stacks (of any size) of any particular item. So you can post 10 stacks of 300 different items (= 3000 stacks) but not 11 stacks of one item. This will hurt no one.

(2) Require mobile AH users to get their gold by opening one mail at a time with a 1 sec delay per mail.

That would get rid of most of the completely ridiculous bullshit. But still, in order to buy anything from the AH in a non-insane manner, for now and until Blizzard completely reworks the AH into something EVE-like, you will need an addon.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I can confirm as well that sorting by rarity also sorts by the buyout price.

So you get a mix of stack ordering based on their unit price.
    Well christ that's good to know! I refuse to run auction mods on any character but my specialized auction dude because they always manage to wreck my framerate or explode in a shower of errors during a dungeon (which, even though caught, smash my FPS), but that'll help!

10+ Year Old Account
    No it is a complaint about a broken feature. It's just that the sellers that post 1000 auctions of one stack are probably the root cause, that's why those complaints are relevant.

If the AH UI worked despite those knuckleheads then I wouldn't give a shit if they want to spend the time to make 1000 one item auctions. But right now on high pop servers that is breaking the AH so I do object.
    My complaint wouldn't be with the feature, for it is working fine. Too good really, it should have more limiters on so people can't post too many items in singles, or give us a search so we can avoid that. More a request to limit sales, or exclude people.

The feature works without problems for me, on a high populated server, so unsure else what the problem would fall under. Unless I haven't experienced this problem, other than sellers being dicks with single posts.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..