Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    You are the "coherent" poster who compares 2004 to 2016. Back in 2004 there was no wowhead to spoonfeed you and there were no smartphones with Companion app so you can send your missions from the bus to work. So yeah back in the days bosses with 2 mechanics was game breaking when every other game had 0 to 1 mechanic per boss.
    You aren't allowed to say this after just saying this.

back in the day
    Also good job not understanding the point of my post, I wasn't comparing things, I was on the topic of Gurubashi arena, if you were paying attention you would know that STV arena is old content, I was saying it's not fair to use old things to justify new things. Keep up pal.

On topic to Dalaran sewers. I go in last night get a guard and literally 5 min later I leave sewers UNHARMED and with 1000 coins to buy whatever I want from the vendors down there. Not sure what you are doing wrong perhaps you are clueless as to what mechanics exist to protect you from being ganked down there.
    I know there are the buggy guards that abandon you for no apparent reason. If you read more than one of my posts instead of faithfully defending blizzards bad game design you would know how to respond to me in context of the conversation I was already having.

Also stop calling getting cleaved to death by 50 people "ganking" or "pvp" it's neither of those, it's a worthless clusterfuck that serves no purpose and allows literally zero meaningful gain.
    Perhaps instead of being salty and non constructive you should read some guides or ask some help in the forums.
    Of course, there's the insult, welcome to my ignore list. Have a nice stay. I love how you think you are being constructive by being a zealot who defends bad game design.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-09-05 at 12:03 PM.

Wonder if people are gonna complain about the warden's tower quests flagging them for pvp, too?

The issues is it is poorly executed, there is no reason to actually pvp in the sewers, there is no reward. The 5g guard is buggy as hell and randomly abandons you, if you are going to put in a mechanic to avoid the worthless clusterfuck "pvp" then at least make sure it works.

In between ad hominems and nonsense we read the true problems of this poster:
    Says the guy who insulted me first. How could you be so unaware?

1. Guards may bug and you may not be protected.
    Sensible player solution: Report the bug to blizzard
    <Insert word> player solution: Whine about it at a fan forum while calling other posters names and being salty
    I've already done that, It hasn't been fixed. This is a discussion board, I see that you don't know what a discussion is.

2. Sewers game play doesn't appeal to you.
    Sensible player solution: Don't play the sewers game enter sewers only with guard and only for quests.
    <Insert word> player solution: Whine about it, call it a "clusterfuck" call it bad game design, stomp your foot on the floor like an entitled five year old and ofc don't forget to insult other posters.
    A PvP zone doesn't belong in a city. Also what else would you call a 50+ person free for all other than a clusterfuck, because that is exactly what it is.

It is bad game design. I didn't stomp my foot I complained because it is unfun and meaningless. Again you seem to not know what a discussion is. You talk about logical fallacies and then try to dismiss my complaints and call me a child because you don't agree. I can't imagine having that little self awareness.

Good job not trying to insult me. Self awareness again, apparently it's ok to insult people as long as you are "motorman." lol.

Im glad Im on your ignore list. Shows you couldn't handle being told to read a guide. Giant ego is your problem not the game itself.
    Reading a guide for what? not getting cleaved by 50 people, do you even know what you are saying.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-09-05 at 12:24 PM.

Are you complainers aware that the people ganking you are also from your same PVE servers? They aren't the "meanies" from PVP servers coming to ruin your fun, they're fellow PVEers who also happen to enjoy spontaneous PVP from time to time.

Go have a discussion with them instead of Blizzard, because apparently from the number of threads it shows plenty of PVEers enjoy a little FFA chaos.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Well, you haven't done the Leather Moose Mount Quest then..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Except it's not an on-going part of the professions; it's a quick in-and-out that takes less time to complete than people are spending on this thread atm. Just get it over with and don't look back; you won't have to worry about it any more.
    Except it doesn't unless you are lucky. If you'd bothered to read the thread we already have one guy post his account of 40 minutes to get nowhere.....

Your guard stays the whole 5 min and you re not flagged for pvp not sure what you re talking about. Maybe you didn't see the 5 min ending which is a whole other story. In and out in 5 min with guards in guards out no harm. I think you re doing it wrong.
    Ehhhh the bodyguards are buggy. At the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    Except it doesn't unless you are lucky. If you'd bothered to read the thread we already have one guy post his account of 40 minutes to get nowhere.....
    Seriously the most annoying part is rezzing in the middle of the cluster fuck knowing that you'll have to die twice again to get back to the "staging area."

Put the fucking respawns in the "staging area." That would fix the most pointless annoyance, assuming Blizzard never gets the bodyguards working reliably.

Thank you for this post. Also its a completely AVOIDABLE ffa chaos. Pay 5g get a guard. Or get in when guards are back for a few min with a small risk. And yes its not pvp players destroying the experience of pve realms. CRZ was always PVE + PVE + PVE and PVP + PVP + PVP. Not even RPPVE went with RPPVP. They are always separate.
    Until the bodyguard thing actually works consistently it's entirely not avoidable.

The Dalaran sewers is kinda fun. I enjoy my giant rat mount Ratstallion.

The guard thing...imaginative that anyone thinks that they are posting anything original at this point...and has been rebutted in the WoW site in the dozens of threads and hundreds of posts If it works, it doesn't seem to work well, if at all.
    To remind:

as someone else said elsewhere:

So there are well over 20 level 2 and level 3 profession patterns down there, and all require sightless eyes, most of them in the 250-500 range.
    You need 100 sightless eyes for the Obliterum Forge quest.
    Just those two examples are going to require farming a great many sightless eyes, and farming them in a forced PvP zone, 5 minutes at a time, sounds ridiculous.
    There better be a viable alternative to finding sightless eyes not involving PvP.

And that's just off the cuff.

Quote Originally Posted by morphosys View Post
    The Dalaran sewers is kinda fun. I enjoy my giant rat mount Ratstallion.
    I'm not saying it isn't fun, and I don't think most people are saying it isn't fun. The problem is that sometimes

you aren't in the fucking mood

Yeah, I dislike the sewer too. Luckily I play a NE druid, so stealth/shadowmeld/moonfirespam helps

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    There better be a viable alternative to finding sightless eyes not involving PvP.
    There is - you can farm them from the mobs down there. Just tap the boss and wait for him to die, come back when he is, that's 200+ right there. Other mobs you can farm when the guards are up or with a bodyguard.

Of course, PvP will get them for you far faster but... that's immaterial, because this way is still faster than most PvE grinds.

12 pages of casuals and bads whining about a novel inconvenience tearing them out of their safe space.

I'd say ignore them and move on but they're the same brigade reaponsible for most of the "baby-proofing" in WoW over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    I'm not saying it isn't fun, and I don't think most people are saying it isn't fun. The problem is that sometimes

you aren't in the fucking mood
    Then hire a fucking body guard for 5g from the captain, it's that fucking simple.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Had all my quests done without a problem. Quit bitching and pretending it's a bigger problem than what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Then hire a fucking body guard for 5g from the captain, it's that fucking simple.
    So you understand that the guards and the whole FFA thing on PvE are buggy, right? It's that fucking simple.

Deleted
    If you don't know what a PvE server is, then shut up. Forced PvP does not belong on a PvE server. If people want to participate in this FFA bullshit, they could just turn their PvP flag on. This would be the only legitimate solution.

Honestly, this is STUPID AS HELL. The Legion is upon us, but some dickheads just cannot stop to slaughter their potential allies - or even their own people...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    12 pages of casuals and bads whining about a novel inconvenience tearing them out of their safe space.

I'd say ignore them and move on but they're the same brigade reaponsible for most of the "baby-proofing" in WoW over the years.
    12 Pages you didn't read it seems............

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    I don't know who thought it would be fun to put 100+ ppl in a small place and make it free for all and have annoying quests there that you can't complete because of lag or you get killed by others or the rare elite kills you or there are way too many people for just a few mobs.... I hope they change it or something because this is really frustrating. Ashran happened and they still keep making bad pvp zones, oh wait, you can't even do proper pvp in this zone, because 50 ppl jumps on you and you can't see anything.. I probably complete the forge quest and never come back to that place.
    If you're not good at PvP don't enter a PvP zone...not rocket science.