Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    This guy does make one point that I was thinking about and it was the artifact weapons...I don't see how they can take these really cool weapons from us in future expansions. Just look at what happened when they took flying away from everyone. I believe the artifact weapons are here to stay and I'm OK with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You think blizz is gonna scrap a project that earns them hundreds of millions after all this time, especially after the good reviews so far, yeah keep dreaming bud.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    By now I'm rather convinced Legion is the last xpac.

Artifacts.

It won't make much sense to replace them with anything, especially after the whole trait farm. They have a sense of finality. A strong sense of finality. Either you keep the same weapon for the next N xpacs, or this is it. If anything sounds any worse than "this is it", it's keeping a maxed out Legion artifact for the rest of your WoW days. A short questline to "absord the power of your artifact" and effectively keep the talent tree but free the weapon slot - now that would be so cheesy I'd rather hope even Blizzard would do something else instead.

Zones.

As I have already said on MMOC: each levelling zone of the Broken Isles, perhaps with the exception of Highmountain, is a scrapped xpac. Light's Heart's content is another, scrapped, Titan xpac.

Caving in but keeping grudges.

Blizz gave up on a lot for Legion. So now everyone gets an Ashbringer, a Doomhammer, a Felo'melorn. Level scaling is finally in, years after better game developers showed us how it's done. Shared tagging of common mobs is finally in, years after better game developers showed us how it's done. The first promisingly orcless xpac is finally in.
    Every piece comes with a lot of Blizdev butthurt copiously expressed in details.

So everyone gets a Doomhammer. Which is an Enh weapon while Ele gets some claws. Some dev must have creamed his pants when he got that past QA.
    Pallies get the Ashbringer, death knights get some anonymous shit. To be allowed to gather shards of Frostmourne, frosties get locked into DW style but with playstyle revolving around the all-time 2H favourite, Obliterate. Wut.
    With the artifact attunement, pre-Panda talent trees are back. Because they should never have been removed and even Blizdevs were made to see it. Oh, but you'll have to level each of them separately while completion of class questline seems to require obtaining every last one, even if, like my GF, you have no interest whatsoever in some of your class' specs (in her case any non-Resto shammy, fortunately she doesn't give half a fuck about Doomhammer while myself I think I'll be getting all of them shammy weapons).
    Level scaling got implemented in a way which makes it half a blessing and half a curse with stat scaling and xp-scrooging that makes every zone compulsory for every alt and playstyle progressively less rewarding as you give up the HFC raiding gear piece by piece and finally break the sets. Hopefully non-raiding folks don't get this sense of levelling up making them progressively weaker.

Shared tagging got introduced to the game about 6 years too late. Compare behaviour of players in GW2 and in Legion and you'll get my meaning. I think the most enjoyable aspect for Blizdevs is skinning and skinner-trolling, so popular among the faithful WoW playerbase and already gloated about on the good old MMOC. As if converting skins to drops that require Skinning skill was particularly difficult. Once again, Blizdevs do get forced to acknowledge superiority of mechanics used as a matter of course by better MMO makers, but when they do finally ape it, they do their best to poison the begrudged gift as virulently as possible.

Garrisons 2.0 also show a lovely mix of good and plain sucky. Devs clearly dumped a long shitton of time into their WoD version, with all the expanding and upgrading and pimping up. They forgot that their most apologetic fanbase sections are ways too sociopathic to ever appreciate a major feature completely preventing them from most of the griefing. Every single newbscrub got his own mine and his own herb garden. Unforgivable. The hate boiled, with the surface excuse of empty world where people sat in garrisons because they were forced to. As if they had any incentive to go out. Also, before the release, garrisons were implied to be customizable to great degree including location and so on.
    So now we have new and better garrisons: each in a different place and accessed in different ways. DKs can go to directly their order hall at will, others... not so easily. Garrison campaign is finally actually mandatory by gating the third relic slot, but we're no longer all alone in our garprisons. Now that you're the world leader of paladins, clearly indicated by the legendary Ashbringer slung across your light-worshipping back, you go to your garrison table surrounded by 30 other world leaders of paladins with identical Ashbringers slung across their backs. The level of interaction and socializing between the world leaders is exactly the same as between The Generals in Garrison 1.0, just rubbed in the critics' faces con gusto. However - it doesn't seem like you're getting the resource nodes, so you can fully appreciate another flightless xpac. Finally, forget the free gold factory. Har, har.

In short, in almost every aspect of mechanics there is a huge cave-in and a huge middle finger. As if making the final "reconciliation" with the playerbase by fulfilling all the wishes in a way that makes people wish they never wished. That final, all-encompassing have your toys and now fuck off forever.

This is The End.
    Also, the sky is falling.
    I cannot find a single statement in this rambling cry fest that is true or at least has some kind of merit. Everyone has a right to their own opinion I guess, but maybe put some more thought into what you're trying to say?

Deleted

Artifacts.

It won't make much sense to replace them with anything, especially after the whole trait farm. They have a sense of finality. A strong sense of finality. Either you keep the same weapon for the next N xpacs, or this is it. If anything sounds any worse than "this is it", it's keeping a maxed out Legion artifact for the rest of your WoW days. A short questline to "absord the power of your artifact" and effectively keep the talent tree but free the weapon slot - now that would be so cheesy I'd rather hope even Blizzard would do something else instead.

Zones.

As I have already said on MMOC: each levelling zone of the Broken Isles, perhaps with the exception of Highmountain, is a scrapped xpac. Light's Heart's content is another, scrapped, Titan xpac.

Caving in but keeping grudges.

Blizz gave up on a lot for Legion. So now everyone gets an Ashbringer, a Doomhammer, a Felo'melorn. Level scaling is finally in, years after better game developers showed us how it's done. Shared tagging of common mobs is finally in, years after better game developers showed us how it's done. The first promisingly orcless xpac is finally in.
    Every piece comes with a lot of Blizdev butthurt copiously expressed in details.

So everyone gets a Doomhammer. Which is an Enh weapon while Ele gets some claws. Some dev must have creamed his pants when he got that past QA.
    Pallies get the Ashbringer, death knights get some anonymous shit. To be allowed to gather shards of Frostmourne, frosties get locked into DW style but with playstyle revolving around the all-time 2H favourite, Obliterate. Wut.
    With the artifact attunement, pre-Panda talent trees are back. Because they should never have been removed and even Blizdevs were made to see it. Oh, but you'll have to level each of them separately while completion of class questline seems to require obtaining every last one, even if, like my GF, you have no interest whatsoever in some of your class' specs (in her case any non-Resto shammy, fortunately she doesn't give half a fuck about Doomhammer while myself I think I'll be getting all of them shammy weapons).
    Level scaling got implemented in a way which makes it half a blessing and half a curse with stat scaling and xp-scrooging that makes every zone compulsory for every alt and playstyle progressively less rewarding as you give up the HFC raiding gear piece by piece and finally break the sets. Hopefully non-raiding folks don't get this sense of levelling up making them progressively weaker.

Shared tagging got introduced to the game about 6 years too late. Compare behaviour of players in GW2 and in Legion and you'll get my meaning. I think the most enjoyable aspect for Blizdevs is skinning and skinner-trolling, so popular among the faithful WoW playerbase and already gloated about on the good old MMOC. As if converting skins to drops that require Skinning skill was particularly difficult. Once again, Blizdevs do get forced to acknowledge superiority of mechanics used as a matter of course by better MMO makers, but when they do finally ape it, they do their best to poison the begrudged gift as virulently as possible.

Garrisons 2.0 also show a lovely mix of good and plain sucky. Devs clearly dumped a long shitton of time into their WoD version, with all the expanding and upgrading and pimping up. They forgot that their most apologetic fanbase sections are ways too sociopathic to ever appreciate a major feature completely preventing them from most of the griefing. Every single newbscrub got his own mine and his own herb garden. Unforgivable. The hate boiled, with the surface excuse of empty world where people sat in garrisons because they were forced to. As if they had any incentive to go out. Also, before the release, garrisons were implied to be customizable to great degree including location and so on.
    So now we have new and better garrisons: each in a different place and accessed in different ways. DKs can go to directly their order hall at will, others... not so easily. Garrison campaign is finally actually mandatory by gating the third relic slot, but we're no longer all alone in our garprisons. Now that you're the world leader of paladins, clearly indicated by the legendary Ashbringer slung across your light-worshipping back, you go to your garrison table surrounded by 30 other world leaders of paladins with identical Ashbringers slung across their backs. The level of interaction and socializing between the world leaders is exactly the same as between The Generals in Garrison 1.0, just rubbed in the critics' faces con gusto. However - it doesn't seem like you're getting the resource nodes, so you can fully appreciate another flightless xpac. Finally, forget the free gold factory. Har, har.

In short, in almost every aspect of mechanics there is a huge cave-in and a huge middle finger. As if making the final "reconciliation" with the playerbase by fulfilling all the wishes in a way that makes people wish they never wished. That final, all-encompassing have your toys and now fuck off forever.

This is The End.
    Also, the sky is falling.
    Here you go.
    https://www.google.nl/webhp?sourceid...b%20from%20wow

Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    This just in: Subs are higher than they've been in years.

So ask yourself, will hundreds of millions of dollars allow them to find someone with ideas for new xpac?
    Blizzard never said subs were higher than they've been in years. They said concurrent players were higher.

Also, 1.5 years is still "years".

That said, a lot of people who are butthurt about this post. Yeah he's wrong, but is the "hide head in sand and tell OP to leave" response the only thing you know how to do?

Deleted
    They have already said the next few expansions have been set up during this one.

And why throw money away? Not a chance this is the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    --SNIP--

Don't post spam
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-09-05 at 03:31 PM.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I doubt this is the end. Blizz has enough WoW suckers...er, customers...to keep this going.

Artifacts - this can be abandoned in the next expansion just like the legendary ring and cape, but I rather expect that since people have largely accepted the cheap approach of one weapon per class/spec that they will continue this trend with key armor pieces too.

Zones - I'm sure there are plenty of scrapped ideas that remain. With 2 years between expansions, there is plenty of time to generate new ideas...heck, 2 years is almost enough to build a good game from scratch; making some zones for an existing game every 2 years is dirt easy.

Caving in but keeping grudges - Not really following your point, and disagree with what I am following. They didn't cave in regarding the weapons, it was a measured move on Blizz's part to make the game easier to maintain...they just used existing skins with a few tweaks to up the PR factor so that people wouldn't freak out over the obviously lazy move.

Blizz has been copying other games since the very beginning...they have never really been innovative, they tend to copy better than the original (think Oreo over Hydrox which came first).

Garrisons 2.0 (aka Class Halls) has been true for many other things as well...Blizz PR always makes minor tweaks sound like super-awesome changes (Apple used to be good about that too) because they know the loyal followers will accept any rationalization as being huge (every expansion has had this level of excitement for the first month or two; the two actually good expansions kept the business growing or at least stable...something we will never know about in Legion since there will be no subscription numbers released anymore, so Blizz can say whatever they want without facts to support or contradict them).

Blizz has been giving their customers the middle finger with the past 4 expansions (Cata, MoP, WoD, and now Legion)...this is not new. They are providing less and less for more money with each expansion. At some point (probably in 2 months) people will realize that there are only 10 new dungeons and only 2 raids. Even if they add another dungeon or two and another raid or two, it is still substantially short of what was provided in the 1st and 2nd expansions for which they charged less. This is the first time a new class has been added with only 2 specs...rationalize it all you want, it is still laziness. A single weapon per class / spec is still laziness (and really just an extension of what they've done in the past two expansions with the legendary cape and ring) anyway that you look at it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna happen, Blizzard already confirmed this. End of discussion.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

--SNIP--

Don't post spam
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-09-05 at 03:32 PM.

I heard Ford was going to stop making cars and close down all of their factories because everyone already has a car and the current concept designers used up all of their ideas. See how crazy that sounds? Yeah.

Deleted

...Except I did read and I hate myself for it.

Artifacts: Your opinion is they have a sense of finality. My opinion is that there are so many ways to continue after the artifacts. Just outright keeping them next expansion, upgrading them, having to destroy them in lore to finish off the final boss or even, and this might blow your mind here, just getting new weapons. There is no "Finality" to the artifacts. I just crapped out four ways to continue past them.

Zones: As we don't know any confirmed "scrapped expansions" for wow, bs. The only confirmed scrapped thing thats getting used is Emerald Dream was going to be either a levelling zone or a raid at some point, that's about it. And even if we did know every single thing Blizz worked on and scrapped, why does that stop any further expansions? Did you know that they scrapped Hellfire Penisula from vanilla wow, and the assets for their original plan can still be found in Deadmines? And yet we still got Burning Crusade.

Caving in but keeping grudges: You really don't make any sense here. Blizzard are putting effort into things that players have been wanting for years [Alternate levelling systems through Artifacts, a lot of the artifact weapons themselves, demon hunters, a Legion expansion, class storylines]...and somehow putting effort into things people want is being butthurt?

Velen wants to take the fight to Argus, Xe'ra is trying to find Illidan so he can lead the Army of Light in place of Turalyon and Alleria whom may have fallen already, and the full might of the Burning Legion has yet to make it onto Azeroth (no Kil'Jaeden and no Sargeras, not even his Avatar).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    I doubt this is the end. Blizz has enough WoW suckers...er, customers...to keep this going.
    There's a good reason they stopped publishing sub numbers and in 21st century business there is no such thing as A Good Place To Be In, just expansion or decline. Back around start of WoD I had convo with a girl working for Bliz Ireland and it made me feel they really had enough of WoW in there.

Artifacts - this can be abandoned in the next expansion just like the legendary ring and cape, but I rather expect that since people have largely accepted the cheap approach of one weapon per class/spec that they will continue this trend with key armor pieces too.
    It seems that the artefacts will take a really big lot of grind to max out. With the whole Class Order bruhaha on top, it would be extremely... unkind to just scrap'em in 1.5-2 years.

Zones - I'm sure there are plenty of scrapped ideas that remain. With 2 years between expansions, there is plenty of time to generate new ideas...heck, 2 years is almost enough to build a good game from scratch; making some zones for an existing game every 2 years is dirt easy.
    Xpacs need stories to sell. Especially if they are supposed to do anything about the money earned. BC continued the story of Illidan and Kael'thas and was a huge success. Wrath concluded Arthy's arc and brought in 12M subs with only the first signs of decline popping up after a year of ICC and incoming load of shit that was Cata. All following chapters failed to stem the tide. All following chapters lacked a story worth following. WoD was promised to give us a big cool orc story, up to the point of mass advertising of "we will not be slaves" in cinemas worldwide. It got a 3M spike off those ads and slumped right back when it turned out what we actually got. Legion I think got another spike, because it does have a story, even if it's not exactly Wrath. Now, though: Emerald Nightmare seems poised to an ending unless I'm reading it wrong. Val'kyr stuff doesn't seem to have so much more open storyline left either. Is there a lot left for an Azsara xpac? There won't be a real Titan xpac, Titans are all dead with possible exception of Azeroth who doesn't seem to have such a lot of individual personality. We are already exposed to Army of Light on Argus in-game, so this is most likely to conclude in Legion. Even if they come up with new stories, they will at best be on WoD level.

Caving in but keeping grudges - Not really following your point, and disagree with what I am following. They didn't cave in regarding the weapons, it was a measured move on Blizz's part to make the game easier to maintain...they just used existing skins with a few tweaks to up the PR factor so that people wouldn't freak out over the obviously lazy move.
    They gave the players what the players asked for, just not what I think the players actually wanted. They gave a HUGE lot of it. Again, there is not that much left they could still give and they just couldn't stop themselves from adding a generous helping of poison to each gift.

Blizz has been giving their customers the middle finger with the past 4 expansions (Cata, MoP, WoD, and now Legion)...this is not new. They are providing less and less for more money with each expansion.
    In hindsight, MoP was quite a bit. Again, not Wrath levels, but defo quite a lot.

At some point (probably in 2 months) people will realize that there are only 10 new dungeons and only 2 raids. Even if they add another dungeon or two and another raid or two, it is still substantially short of what was provided in the 1st and 2nd expansions for which they charged less. This is the first time a new class has been added with only 2 specs...rationalize it all you want, it is still laziness. A single weapon per class / spec is still laziness (and really just an extension of what they've done in the past two expansions with the legendary cape and ring) anyway that you look at it.
    ...and bear in mind we got back to 2005 sub levels back in WoD when we last heard any actual data. Should the trend continue, Bliz management will start get more and more pressed to move investment elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    Velen wants to take the fight to Argus, Xe'ra is trying to find Illidan so he can lead the Army of Light in place of Turalyon and Alleria whom may have fallen already, and the full might of the Burning Legion has yet to make it onto Azeroth (no Kil'Jaeden and no Sargeras, not even his Avatar).
    True, but it very much seems like stuff planned all for Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that Blizzard said there was much more coming after, just not a given number, I have to say your assumptions aren't right.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account

Artifacts.

[
    They already said that this artifact would be this xpac only. So I stopped reading after that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    They already said that this artifact would be this xpac only. So I stopped reading after that.
    Don't strain yourself too much, poor chap. You should have stopped at the first comma.
    It gets even more complicated later. I think I even went for some hyphens and semi-colons.
    I don't know where and when did they say it, but if they did say it, it's actually playing to my interpretation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't strain yourself too much, poor chap. You should have stopped at the first comma.
    It gets even more complicated later. I think I even went for some hyphens and semi-colons.
    I don't know where and when did they say it, but if they did say it, it's actually playing to my interpretation.
    No it doesn't. It means they treat it the same like the legendary cloak and ring.

10+ Year Old Account
    One, definitely not the end since they made it clear they're already working on the next expansion. Two, there isn't anything constructive here. The constant talk about the "butthurt Blizz devs" and the trash talking of the game are just ways to rile up the forum.

Again, people have criticisms of the game, we have negative threads open, but if you're going to rant, to post that WoW is ending, dying, is garbage, sucks, and so on, it's just going to be closed. This is a fan forum, not a dumping ground for your anti-Blizzard rants.