Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishoj View Post
    Every expansion has something it doesn't do well. In trying to decide whether or not to get back to WoW, I want to know what problems I'll be facing in this expansion. I really wish I'd waited to ask that question before sinking three weeks into WoD when that came out. So, what are the things that Legion doesn't do so well and which might become the thing that people complain about once the new expansion smell wears off? Nothing is flawless, and I'd like to know what this expansion isn't great at.
    I am just enough geek to want to play my characters with their own personalities and moral compass. Some of the paths we're pushed down for quest lines has felt awkward on my main. Specifically Stormheim, where we're drafted into factional infighting at the same time we're forging cross-faction alliances in our order halls. Alliance can take Horde champions to help hunt Sylvanas? What sense does that make?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by polyatomical View Post
    You guys are missing a biggie. It's a lot more difficult to dual spec at this point with the need to level artifact weapons. I think this is a pretty disappointing issue; however, I'm excited about the rest.
    same here. will see how fucked up pure dps players are, when blizz balancing sucks on 2 of 3 specs this time

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    The fuck, how? Ive done 2 full zones with all the quests, treasures and rares and proffesion quests yet Im only lvl 105
    You have too much spare time. I am lvl 106, and Ive only just almost finished stormheim & a bit into Aszhara (or whatever that region is called to the far left on the map). Basically I've quested, done profession quests when they pop up, and 3-4 dungeon runs. So I bet you've skipped some quests in the zones (which you can easily do, I keep thinking I am done with Stormheim, but then new quests pop up while I am treasure hunting). I don't forsee that I'll be further on than perhaps a bit into zone 3 (that ill choose) when dinging 110. It's all a matter of preference, and so far I am just enjoying the ride.

Deleted
    What I don't like at this moment:
    - Time-gated questing. I don't like having to wait x(x) amount of days for a quest to complete and to progress. I'd much rather be resource-gated, which can essentially mean the same time delays, but while retaining the feeling that I'm in control of my progress.
    - Investing in a specific Artifact and how fickle Blizzard is when it comes to class balancing. While you can quite easily get an Artifact at rank 13/14 (forgot which one makes the big jump in AP requirement), when you're really invested in your main Artifact it makes for an uncomfortable scenario that your spec suddenly gets nerfed into the ground. It happened before, now however you're likely to swap to an Artifact that is less developed and thus less powerful. Even if they design the Artifact traits so that 80% of their power originates from the first 20% of traits, you're still looking at a disadvantage.
    - Treasures and Rares aren't interesting. The reward from them is lackluster and generally not worth pursuing. The MoP system was great with you hunting down rares for cool pets, lucrative items. It was a fun extra thing to do.

My only complaint so far is that I still hate what they did with the whole max camera distance thing. I find that annoying as shit.

edit: and yeah, +1 for flying. That needs to happen sooner instead of later. If we have to gate it behind some stupid rep grind or something like what happened in WoD, fine. But I don't want to have to wait until the end of the expansion for it. I think flying should be allowed for level-capped characters no later than the first big content patch.

Otherwise, I'm having a good time. That said, I'm only 103, so I'll post my other thoughts when I get to cap. I would've given WoD a high grade if you'd asked me while I was still questing to the level cap. But I have a feeling Legion is moving in the right direction.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-09-05 at 02:08 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    My only complaint so far is that the Order Hall campaign (for ww monk, at least) is gated behind not one, but two 5-day missions quests. The Skorn (sp?) one and Freyja one. That's ten days where I can't make any progress for pretty much no reason whatsoever. What does that achieve? Really?

I really like that zones scale and you can do them in whatever order you want, which would make leveling alts more interesting because you could go different zones on different alts. However, considering a key element like unlocking world quests requires friendly with each faction it basically forces you to go through all the zones either way.

The biggest thing for me is the scaling and lack of breadcrumbs for quest hubs.

Going back to Azhuna(where I started leveling in legion) and seeing the mobs that were 100 now 110 is kind of off putting. I actually feel weaker going back to Azhuna as a fresh 110 than I did as a fresh 100. It ruins that "classic" mmo feel.

Also, I'm not sure how or why quests don't always show up but I can clear an area and come back in a day or 2 and find a whole new hub or quest chain.

Also gathering world quests not popping on the map is annoying. Or getting random world quests that pop up and there is no corresponding info on the map.

The ability pruning and ability changes. I want to play far less classes than I did in previous expansions including WOD.

Deleted
    Dumbed down tanking for some classes e.g. druid warrior paladin.

Mobs with needlessly high hp during questing. I really don't understand this, so previously questing felt hollow because mobs were a pushover anyhow, they did no damage and had such low hp. Now they do no damage, but have high hp, so hollow + boring. It seems random and stupid.

Sylvannas who is Sandra Bullock in disguise. Bad voice acting, bad character writing (though bad character writing is something widespread in WoW, not specific only to her)
    Last edited by mmoca79218b8e0; 2016-09-05 at 02:28 PM.

- Timegating;
    - Overtuned mob fights;
    - "Alternative advancement" cancer in form of Artefact power;
    - Lack of flying;
    - Insane amounts of grinding everywhere;
    - Mythic dungeons;
    - Reputations.

Blizzard doesn't learn on WoD errors.

Genn "petty revenge" Greymane.

You're literally five minutes from the beachhead of the biggest Legion invasion Azeroth has ever seen... and you're gonna keep on with the moronic factional pissing contest. That Fel Reaver should have destroyed the Skyfire on the broken shore.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    Okay, i just received an order hall/class quest to complete THIRTY WORLD QUESTS.

You can't even disguise that sort of grind/timegating. Fuck right off. I was doing world quests when i wanted to, picking out those that looked fun or had good rewards for me. But no. Do Thirty in one quest.

This could have been disguised so much better, and made fun.

I feel like a bunch of complete amateurs have developed parts of this expansion. Unpaid Interns.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Going back to Azhuna(where I started leveling in legion) and seeing the mobs that were 100 now 110 is kind of off putting. I actually feel weaker going back to Azhuna as a fresh 110 than I did as a fresh 100. It ruins that "classic" mmo feel.
    This one was a big one for me. It didn't feel good or make sense to have my characters net power decrease from 109 to being a fresh 110. After getting gear it feels okay now but there is was a pretty harsh transition from 109 to 110, especially on a clothie since the mobs that did no damage before have gained more health and now hit like trucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Okay, i just received an order hall/class quest to complete THIRTY WORLD QUESTS.

You can't even disguise that sort of grind/timegating. Fuck right off. I was doing world quests when i wanted to, picking out those that looked fun or had good rewards for me. But no. Do Thirty in one quest.

This could have been disguised so much better, and made fun.

I feel like a bunch of complete amateurs have developed parts of this expansion. Unpaid Interns.
    Every wanted quest gives you 2 quests done. So it is not that grindy... Took me like 5 hours, because i had to do 2 dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Suramar.

I don't think i have hated something in WoW this much and this quickly since daily quests in MoP.

They should have kept it optional like they said they originally planned to, because this shit being mandatory is garbage.
    Suramar despite its disjointed questing path has been pretty awesome. The story is fun and quests challenging, I would like a little more direction on what quests are available instead of having to stumble upon them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Oh no!! You mean you have to play the game to advance!?! THE NERVE OF BLIZZARD!! OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!

No but seriously you sound like a whiny entitled dingbat. God forbid something take some time to complete.
    It's not about that. It's how the quest is designed. An objective that states as a large task, do thirty other large tasks doesn't read well to the player, and is an immediate put off.

If this quest was broken down into more bite sized chunks, and fluffed up, you have better design.

It's effortless to create a quest and write "Complete 30 world quests" - The game deserves better.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathr View Post
    You have too much spare time. I am lvl 106, and Ive only just almost finished stormheim & a bit into Aszhara (or whatever that region is called to the far left on the map). Basically I've quested, done profession quests when they pop up, and 3-4 dungeon runs. So I bet you've skipped some quests in the zones (which you can easily do, I keep thinking I am done with Stormheim, but then new quests pop up while I am treasure hunting). I don't forsee that I'll be further on than perhaps a bit into zone 3 (that ill choose) when dinging 110. It's all a matter of preference, and so far I am just enjoying the ride.
    How many times do I have to tell you guys? I havent skipped any quests, I did all in the zones. Besides free time = more wow play. And im 110 already, you can stop bitching.

I don't really get how so many people complain about the Artifact(-power) and offspecs.
    You are pretty much able to keep at least one additional artifact at a reasonable level in relation to your mainspec, even without Artifact Knowledge, which will make it even less problematic.

Sure you will be a bit behind, but really, look at what you are arguing about. Are 5% more damage on an ability that accounts for 20% of your damage going to kill you in any environment that currently exists in WoW (except maybe top 10 world mythic raiding)?

The Gold Traits are nice and all, but are they absolutely mandatory for anything? No. If you are good enough you can manage without them, if not it won't matter if you get one now or in 2 days.
    "Mages are basically Warlocks for Girls." - Unknown