I doubt they nerf OD. You can still get killed pretty easily if there are a few AAs at the same time and the orb doesn't bring you back above 35%

It makes me feel strong, but not invulnerable

OD is there as a clutch so if you're relying on it so heavily you may want to ask yourself why - is there an error in your general BrM ability, your healer lacking or being too ambitious with your pulls?

Monks seem rarer than ever at the moment and it was strange for a healer to say I'm the first BrM they've played with since Legion (we did mythic Maw). Thinking about it though I've only encountered one other monk in random dungeons which was a WW. Are we a rarer breed come Legion?

What Benefit has pulling innto a corner towards GOTO proccing? I usually do it to los casters, but i dont understand why i makes GOTO proc more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanaman View Post
    What Benefit has pulling innto a corner towards GOTO proccing? I usually do it to los casters, but i dont understand why i makes GOTO proc more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    usually your healing orbs spawn to your left or right, so when OD proccs there is a certain delay until you reach the orb. When you stand in a corner it spawns directly on you so when OD proccs (or any healing orb for that matter) it heals you instantly

Quote Originally Posted by Itsab11 View Post
    usually your healing orbs spawn to your left or right, so when OD proccs there is a certain delay until you reach the orb. When you stand in a corner it spawns directly on you so when OD proccs (or any healing orb for that matter) it heals you instantly
    Seems like a bad idea. I save my orbs so I can expel harm when I'm getting low. Auto consuming them seems like a bit waste tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Domilol View Post
    Seems like a bad idea. I save my orbs so I can expel harm when I'm getting low. Auto consuming them seems like a bit waste tbh.
    The whole point is that they're gaming Obstinate Determination - which spawns orbs when you're at 35%...which is exactly when you'd want to auto consume them.

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    The whole point is that they're gaming Obstinate Determination - which spawns orbs when you're at 35%...which is exactly when you'd want to auto consume them.
    Well, after tanking a bunch of Mythics, trying to game OD is something that works better in your head than it does in practice. If you are desperation spamming orbs at 35% then you are probably dead. Good brew usage means that even when I'm at 20% HP I am still feeling comfortable. I usually don't try to run over orbs unless I'm cooldown locked, rather saving them for a big burst heal. If you juggle your brews well, you usually have two-three orbs at the ready when you need them.

Besides from that, Dungeon design that expo has been great. There are few corners that you can tank packs in, and fewer trash packs you want to cram into one spot. This is even more true when you get to mythic+ with affixes.

Well, after tanking a bunch of Mythics, trying to game OD is something that works better in your head than it does in practice. If you are desperation spamming orbs at 35% then you are probably dead. Good brew usage means that even when I'm at 20% HP I am still feeling comfortable. I usually don't try to run over orbs unless I'm cooldown locked, rather saving them for a big burst heal. If you juggle your brews well, you usually have two-three orbs at the ready when you need them.

Besides from that, Dungeon design that expo has been great. There are few corners that you can tank packs in, and fewer trash packs you want to cram into one spot. This is even more true when you get to mythic+ with affixes.
    It works well in practice, soloing bosses is fairly doable because of it

Sitting at ilvl 837, I get absolutely wrecked in Heroics. Dare I try Mythics as a Brew... Fuck no. My stagger builds so quickly in heroics that I run out of charges to purify leaving me with a ton of staggered damage. How the hell are you guys tanking Heroics successfully? I am getting destroyed in Legion heroics as Brew. As WW, Im doing amazing damage but Brewmaster, I am just getting fuckin destroyed by my stagger damage. The charges once again seems to be the bane of this spec.
    Last edited by Extremities; 2016-09-05 at 02:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    Sitting at ilvl 837, I get absolutely wrecked in Heroics. Dare I try Mythics as a Brew... Fuck no. My stagger builds so quickly in heroics that I run out of charges to purify leaving me with a ton of staggered damage. How the hell are you guys tanking Heroics successfully? I am getting destroyed in Legion heroics as Brew. As WW, Im doing amazing damage but Brewmaster, I am just getting fuckin destroyed by my stagger damage. The charges once again seems to be the bane of this spec.
    I am having no problems at all starting from 805 ilvl. Even without abusing OD. In contrast I was always more scared and felt weaker with my demon hunter when I geared that one up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    I am having no problems at all starting from 805 ilvl. Even without abusing OD. In contrast I was always more scared and felt weaker with my demon hunter when I geared that one up.
    Every healed I have come across in heroics, has told me that I have been the most difficult to keep up of all tanks, and like I said I am sitting at 837 ilvl. More then enough gear to tank a heroic..

Deleted

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't advise gaming OD, I'm just pointing out you can (which is why I think it will be nerfed).

If I'm grouped with friends I will sometimes deliberately game it so we can aoe . Also I've been grouping with a Hunter a lot who just ninja pulls everything in 50 yards when he uses barrage...For those who don't know you can pull the dragons out the sky around Fenrir incase you want that extra challenge on mythic.

I think a lot of the trouble people are having as BM is they are trying to play the same way we have in previous expansions...fighting to keep up AM constantly and sit at 100% hp. I think part of the reason we are getting a bad rep if because people are trying this and getting wrecked when they run out of charges... and those who aren't aren't are getting flamed by healers for for not having AM up. I know I've been rejected from quite a few mythic groups as BMs are "bad tanks". The fact is if I'm sat at 80% hp I won't be popping an ISB anytime soon as I'm well within my comfort zone... healers however seem to think you're doing it wrong.

Every healed I have come across in heroics, has told me that I have been the most difficult to keep up of all tanks, and like I said I am sitting at 837 ilvl. More then enough gear to tank a heroic..
    My healer (holy pala) says that it is frustrating to heal me Currently I am at 818 ilvl doing heroics, I've been using BoC with BoB and it is really fun (changed once to ED but I didn't like it, however my healer said that my HP was deeping way less with ED, I think it's because I was purifying way more).
    He also said that he healed a warrior with less gear than me and this warrior was kinda "immortal"... the warrior was able to do big pulls without losing any health.
    This kinda sucks, but I'll keep playing monk, I like the theme and our rotation. Soon I'll be doing raids and mythic+ as a monk.
    Before anyone saying anything: I know how to manage my brews and control my incoming damage.

Quote Originally Posted by waspeh View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't advise gaming OD, I'm just pointing out you can (which is why I think it will be nerfed).

If I'm grouped with friends I will sometimes deliberately game it so we can aoe . Also I've been grouping with a Hunter a lot who just ninja pulls everything in 50 yards when he uses barrage...For those who don't know you can pull the dragons out the sky around Fenrir incase you want that extra challenge on mythic.

I think a lot of the trouble people are having as BM is they are trying to play the same way we have in previous expansions...fighting to keep up AM constantly and sit at 100% hp. I think part of the reason we are getting a bad rep if because people are trying this and getting wrecked when they run out of charges... and those who aren't aren't are getting flamed by healers for for not having AM up. I know I've been rejected from quite a few mythic groups as BMs are "bad tanks". The fact is if I'm sat at 80% hp I won't be popping an ISB anytime soon as I'm well within my comfort zone... healers however seem to think you're doing it wrong.
    I'd have to respectfully disagree with you Waspeh. The issue isn't people are trying to play the same way that we used to play, it's the whole mechanic behind the charges of ISB/Purifying in relation to the amount of damage we take. I am sitting above 2.5 million HP in my current gear setup, in a lot of Mythic pieces and I was absolutely ass raped in HEROICS. No other tank in my guild struggles, hell even tanks in LESS gear, in the lower 800 range tank heroics more efficiently. I stand by what I say that the issue with the Brewmaster currently is the whole mechanic behind our charges of ISB and Purify. Purify no longer purifying 100% of the damage is NOT a good thing. Even 50% isn't enough for the amount of damage that is being staggered, I lose chunks of HP even at yellow stagger, I'm talking 5%+ each tick and the shit ticks FAST.

I know our class mechanics have changed but for the current content, the changes are not good. Pure and simple. There's a reason why healers keep saying we suck at tanking and its because we do. Can you imagine the stagger damage in a RAID? Losing 10%+ per tick on stagger(And thats just from staggered, not the damage you instantly take) is not going to be fun.
    Last edited by Extremities; 2016-09-05 at 03:57 PM.

Hmm, wouldn't say we are terrible. When I hit around 835~ ilvl I completely comfortable with my ability to tank any mythic boss. I do think other tanks have it a lot better. Mind you, on reddit I saw a bunch of healers complain about having to use all their cooldowns and running out of mana with some trash packs, so clearly it isn't just monks.

I think we do drain our healers mana more than other tanks. Mythic violet hold was the most stressful dungeon I've done, purely because I ran the healer out of mana just after two waves, though that might have been because the DPS was lacking.

Hmm, wouldn't say we are terrible. When I hit around 835~ ilvl I completely comfortable with my ability to tank any mythic boss. I do think other tanks have it a lot better. Mind you, on reddit I saw a bunch of healers complain about having to use all their cooldowns and running out of mana with some trash packs, so clearly it isn't just monks.

I think we do drain our healers mana more than other tanks. Mythic violet hold was the most stressful dungeon I've done, purely because I ran the healer out of mana just after two waves, though that might have been because the DPS was lacking.
    Yet to have a healer complain about lack of mana while healing me (ilvl 839), ones that do run out are probably trying to keep you topped up all the time when in actual fact they don't have too. Druids are my favourite healer, their HoT's work perfectly with the stagger mechanics.

Deleted
    I'd have to respectfully disagree with you Waspeh. The issue isn't people are trying to play the same way that we used to play, it's the whole mechanic behind the charges of ISB/Purifying in relation to the amount of damage we take. I am sitting above 2.5 million HP in my current gear setup, in a lot of Mythic pieces and I was absolutely ass raped in HEROICS. No other tank in my guild struggles, hell even tanks in LESS gear, in the lower 800 range tank heroics more efficiently. I stand by what I say that the issue with the Brewmaster currently is the whole mechanic behind our charges of ISB and Purify. Purify no longer purifying 100% of the damage is NOT a good thing. Even 50% isn't enough for the amount of damage that is being staggered, I lose chunks of HP even at yellow stagger, I'm talking 5%+ each tick and the shit ticks FAST.

I know our class mechanics have changed but for the current content, the changes are not good. Pure and simple. There's a reason why healers keep saying we suck at tanking and its because we do. Can you imagine the stagger damage in a RAID? Losing 10%+ per tick on stagger(And thats just from staggered, not the damage you instantly take) is not going to be fun.
    I agree that BM feels weaker to the tanks - at least in my option based on what I played in beta (War & DH). I can also see why healers would rather take a different tank as I'm more than happy to sit around 50% HP and feel in complete control.

The point I was trying to make though is that a lot of people are giving up on BMs as they don't think there viable enough which is where I disagree. The style in which we play has changed a lot and whilst I don't agree with the design, to say it doesn't work is an overstatement. I did my first mythic at 815 and managed to complete another 5 before hitting 830. I'm now sat at 834 with awful stat distribution (its my offspec) and only 11 traits in my weapon but have no issues tanking anything. I don't know how we will fare in raids, but I'm enjoying it in 5 mans at least for now.

Meanwhile, I was just watching Sco's stream on twitch and he was getting his ignore pain up to 2.8 million while tanking mythic trash groups. Brewmaster is complete crap compared to this. Staying at low health is a stupid thing for any tank to have to do as well. That means you are 1 good hit away from death. It also makes your healer panic.

edit: he just tanked mythic ularogg and his ignore pain almost never dropped under 2 million

I can think of some drastic buffs to Brewmaster that would still leave Prot Warrior ahead (considered individually)

Ironskin brew and Purifying brew no longer share stacks
    Stagger is now a 20 second DoT instead of a 10 second DoT
    Purifying brew now removes 100% of stagger
    Last edited by Ghier; 2016-09-05 at 06:42 PM.

I started Mythics at 809 and didn't have much trouble. How are you using your abilities? Are you using Black Ox Brew? Which level 100 talent are you using? Using tanking trinkets?

Deleted
    what are you guys thinking of the new darkmoon trinket for tanks? given how low our base armor is it might be actually pretty interesting

does anyone actually know a formula for armor and damage reduction?
    Last edited by mmocf662b86ea7; 2016-09-05 at 07:13 PM.