Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I just miss my frost mage AoE I had in MoP and WoD.

no, mobs dont have too much health for pretty much any spec outside of healers, HPs varry alot, but the 2M+ HP variety arent in hordes, unlike the sub 1M ones and they dont pack quite as much punch as in cata/mop, overall, I find them on the easier side

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    no, mobs dont have too much health for pretty much any spec outside of healers
    and brewmaster

Brewmaster is Legion's MoP prot paladin, without the self-heals.

Deleted
    Actually, mobs do have too much health...at least by comparison to what we've been used to so far.

It's much, much worse for some classes/specs than it is for others. On my hunter, I'm forced to quest as BM. Any attempt to do regular quests or world quests as MM will result in endless corpse runs (unless a disengage/aspect/FD saves me...but those only take you so far). As BM, I have no serious problems with pulling 5 mobs at the same time (by accident or intentionally). I can just MD to the pet, mend pet/multishot until it's over. As MM, 2+ mobs is almost certain death. World quests that involve killing a named mob with tons of HP are downright impossible unless I manage to get in at the same time when other people are killing it and I just get a lucky tag.

When it comes to instances, on the other hand, BM is dead, bottom of the bottom, while MM pretty much rocks.

I wouldn't normally see this as a problem, but because of how legion works (different artifacts, artifact power/traits you need to invest (in)), you're pretty much forced to invest your artifact power in 2 different specs and end up with 2 gimped specs (when compared to a "regular" class who can just do both on a single spec, albeit with (slightly) different talents.

I don't actually know if this is only a hunter problem or not, but I haven't seen something as bad as BM in instances...or MM in world quests. It's beyond horrible. Tuning classes/specs/mobs may help, but in reality, whatever you do, hunters are not meant to tank and MM ends up "tanking". You've got your "knockback" every half a minute, but that only takes you so far. It's not bad, it's beyond bad.

In time, once you get some heroic+ gear, once you unlock your third relic, you will probably be able to quest as whatever spec without having to invest more artifact power into a "questing" spec. But until then, unless you're lucky enough to play with friends all the time (including world quests), you're forced to gimp yourself and play at a mediocre level because you've burned your AP on a fairly useless spec and can't get it back and put it in your "real" (raiding) spec.

What I said above applies to playing at ~800 ilvl. I'm sure past 830 it's different, but you have to get there first.

Quote Originally Posted by randomforum View Post
    Actually, mobs do have too much health...at least by comparison to what we've been used to so far.
    There was a deliberate design decision to have mobs have more health, but not do much more DPS. I don't have a problem with that. XP from killing mobs is also fine, and as far as I can tell plain old non-questing mob grinding is better for leveling/XP than it has been since Wrath, at least.

I do have a problem with some tank specs having inadequate self-healing and low DPS (vs Vengeance which has #1 DPS #1 self healing + tank), and healing specs having less than the good questing DPS they promised us, but that's a separate issue where it's Blizzard saying one thing and implementing another, which is normal.

Deleted
    I guess this is a ilvl / gear issue. Since mobs won't scale further past 110 but we still improve our gear.

I imagine that a couple ilvls means more dps / crit making the kills faster and more stamina / hp meaning that mobs hit for a smaller percent of my life (as opposed to 8~10% at the moment).

The only thing I can say for sure is that a fresh 110, with 790 ish gear is going to struggle against mobs with 1M hp that hit for 70k.

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one think the scaling isn't always working correctly.

Because I often fight the same mobs, with varying damage output and health, in the same zone.
    No lesser mobs or elites, just normal mobs. And taking into account crits vs no crits doesn't make up for it either. As some mobs I have to go through a full 'rotation', perhaps even cool-downs, while others of the same type I can kill in 2-3 hits.

I don't mind that mobs live longer, but I would like to not have normal mobs hit like a truck all of the sudden, when the same mobs earlier were doing no damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad it's a bit tougher.

Then again I'm a Resto Druid with Balance Affinity so it's prolly a smidge harder for me.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    More effort to kill, significantly less reward. Seems they're really trying to make us miss flying this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    Feral is top in the dps charts for a reason. Spriest isn't doing too shabby either sitting at 8th, so this isn't much of a surprise.
    DPS sims are kind of pointless when it comes to judging questing. Affliction, for example, is bottom of the charts and yet is about as easymode as you can hope for. Take StS & Supremacy talents, use Infernal; this is how you quest: tab Agony everything in sight for shards, press SoC, repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    Feral is top in the dps charts for a reason. Spriest isn't doing too shabby either sitting at 8th, so this isn't much of a surprise.

I am playing a Frost DK and have no problems killing stuff in a few seconds. Heck, I can cleave down 4-5 mobs if I use Deathstrike as a filler and have no fear of dieing. But that chart explains while I am always the last one on the DPS meter... xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    There was a deliberate design decision to have mobs have more health, but not do much more DPS. I don't have a problem with that. XP from killing mobs is also fine, and as far as I can tell plain old non-questing mob grinding is better for leveling/XP than it has been since Wrath, at least.

I do have a problem with some tank specs having inadequate self-healing and low DPS (vs Vengeance which has #1 DPS #1 self healing + tank), and healing specs having less than the good questing DPS they promised us, but that's a separate issue where it's Blizzard saying one thing and implementing another, which is normal.
    They don't need to have more dps to kill you.

There are tons and tons of areas that you can't avoid, where you end up trying to ride past the mobs and you just end up aggroing 4-5 mobs. Even though they don't do A LOT of damage, it adds up when 4-5 mobs are hitting you. I thought that my example had been clear - I'm referring to the MM hunter experience here. You have no pet to tank, so you take all the hits. Your damage is not high enough to just kill them all fast enough (nor is your focus regen), so they end up killing you in seconds. While playing as BM is "fine" (you kill the mobs - slowly but surely, thanks to your turtle and its cooldowns), when you play as a non-tanky class, you're screwed.

Now, if we had flying, that would be fine - it would be up to you to choose the spot you land in and try to pick a safe one where you can pick 1-2 mobs at once. The way things are going, you can't fly, so you have to ride through (either that or spend 30 minutes just getting to the quest mobs you need...if you're lucky). So. No flying. DPS isn't high enough to kill the mobs fast enough to stay alive. It will be high enough in the future (say, 2 patches from now). BUT BY THEN I WON'T BE DOING THOSE QUESTS, WILL I?

I think it was a really poor decision, with little no thought put into it.

Below us, Marston said:

"I am playing a Frost DK and have no problems killing stuff in a few seconds. Heck, I can cleave down 4-5 mobs if I use Deathstrike as a filler and have no fear of dieing."

That's nice. Now, take away your plate, wear mail and have no healing ability (like death strike). That's how it is for MM hunters now. Except for, they die from 3 mobs, not 4-5.

Deleted
    Yeah I figured... sometimes talent swaps do wonders for single player content.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    Finally! no more casting 2 abilities at a mob and having it fall over. This is an MMO, things take time, including killing mobs that are SUPPOSE to be a threat.

The way it has been in the past is the problem, not the way it is now.
    Yeah.... nothing says threatening like a bug... but wait, the bug has 3 million health...

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    As a fury warrior this didn't bothered me because I must have one of the best healing of the game.
    Did I miss something? 4% health every 4ish seconds from Bloodthirst and...?

Fury is basically kill something quickly before it kills you painfully. When your ilevel is particularly low, that can be difficult.

Deleted
    1.) Play melee
    2.) See everything die 100 times faster than with casters like Shadow and Elemental Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by porgig View Post
    DPS sims are kind of pointless when it comes to judging questing. Affliction, for example, is bottom of the charts and yet is about as easymode as you can hope for. Take StS & Supremacy talents, use Infernal; this is how you quest: tab Agony everything in sight for shards, press SoC, repeat.
    This.

Im really happy with afflock. I can pull 5 or 6 mobs at once, tag them and burn them all down.

You could argue that afflock is one of the top 3 for leveling. Raiding is a different beast altogether but it doesnt interest me
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    The point of a tank is to soak up damage.

Not to be godking of aoe and be able to selfheal more then any healer could.

Try leveling as any melee spec except monk, then try leveling as a vengeance DH.

You are gonna piss yourself laughing at how big the difficulty gap is
    i play every class, and have no issue except as casters. i would expect veng dh THE SELF HEALING TANK to be able to survive pretty much anything, especially with charred warblades+soul rending
    my unholy dk has no issue pulling 5+ mobsif i have my artifact ability up, i cant speak for other classes because veng dh & unholy dk are the only 2 i have at 110 atm, but so far even my enh shaman is having no difficulty sitting at 105 just pop wolves and crash lightning and artifact ability(forgot the name) and i can shred the biggest threat while cleaving everything else
    maybe people are just bad?

Quote Originally Posted by randomforum View Post
    They don't need to have more dps to kill you.

There are tons and tons of areas that you can't avoid, where you end up trying to ride past the mobs and you just end up aggroing 4-5 mobs. Even though they don't do A LOT of damage, it adds up when 4-5 mobs are hitting you. I thought that my example had been clear - I'm referring to the MM hunter experience here. You have no pet to tank, so you take all the hits. Your damage is not high enough to just kill them all fast enough (nor is your focus regen), so they end up killing you in seconds. While playing as BM is "fine" (you kill the mobs - slowly but surely, thanks to your turtle and its cooldowns), when you play as a non-tanky class, you're screwed.

Now, if we had flying, that would be fine - it would be up to you to choose the spot you land in and try to pick a safe one where you can pick 1-2 mobs at once. The way things are going, you can't fly, so you have to ride through (either that or spend 30 minutes just getting to the quest mobs you need...if you're lucky). So. No flying. DPS isn't high enough to kill the mobs fast enough to stay alive. It will be high enough in the future (say, 2 patches from now). BUT BY THEN I WON'T BE DOING THOSE QUESTS, WILL I?

I think it was a really poor decision, with little no thought put into it.

Below us, Marston said:

"I am playing a Frost DK and have no problems killing stuff in a few seconds. Heck, I can cleave down 4-5 mobs if I use Deathstrike as a filler and have no fear of dieing."

That's nice. Now, take away your plate, wear mail and have no healing ability (like death strike). That's how it is for MM hunters now. Except for, they die from 3 mobs, not 4-5.
    Sounds like you have been spoiled by being a hunter with flying in past expansions.
    Stop trying to run past a bunch of mobs if you dont see a safe route.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    Finally! no more casting 2 abilities at a mob and having it fall over. This is an MMO, things take time, including killing mobs that are SUPPOSE to be a threat.

The way it has been in the past is the problem, not the way it is now.
    Problem is it become tedious. We all know we can beat those mobs. At some point, if we avoid them, it is not by fear, it just to avoid a boring fight. I am so happy to roll a feral druid as my main. I avoided many of those fights, but sometimes they were not avoidable.