Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Pandaren should be able to become Death Knights with Legion (read)

If you have not played a DK in Legion;

The Ebon Blade has started to raise both Alliance and Horde soldiers at random on the Battlefield against the Legion.

Therefore it makes no sense from a lore perspective that there is still races who can not be Death Knights. Saying the Introduction of DK's doesn't fit on a Panda shouldn't be a problem either as it has not been a problem for Worgen even tho they also are supposed to have a different start in lore than other DK's.

Please make Panda DK's available in a future patch just like gnome hunters and other combinations were enabled in the past so I can race change into a fluffy ball of death and destruction ヽ(◉◡◔)ノ

They'd have to have a different starting zone lore wise, just like lore wise it doesn't make sense for worgen or goblin to become monks because they haven't been exposed to the pandaren yet. I would love a pandaren DK tho.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

7+ Year Old Account
    just imagine a pandaren with half hair and some rat tail ugh please not xD

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    They'd have to have a different starting zone lore wise, just like lore wise it doesn't make sense for worgen or goblin to become monks because they haven't been exposed to the pandaren yet. I would love a pandaren DK tho.

did ya read the post ?

All DK have their own starting zone. DK are previous people that died.

A panda could easily be a DK now since most panda left their island and we know that the ebon blade is able to create new DK.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    did ya read the post ?

A panda could easily be a DK now since most panda left their island and we know that the ebon blade is able to create new DK.
    The DK starting zone they were changed by Arthas as the Lich King if Pandaren were made into DK's their starting zone would have to be different from the other DK's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, to be honest, we only saw one Pandaren Death Knight in the world, and she was MOST LIKELY added as a joke on people who kept asking. Then again, from a lore perspective, we don't know if the celestial forces stops the creation of abominations from the fallen Pandaren.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    did ya read the post ?

I did read it.

The DK starting zone timeline wise happens before northrend, but pandarens weren't widely spread till after cata. So raising a pandaren in current day would somehow transport them back in time? There would have to be an update to that zones overall story to fit. Worgen and goblins can be justified easily because they already existed in kalimdor/EK before wrath.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

No because even the Ebon Blade know that Pandaria and the Panda were a joke added to WC.

But more OT, the Panda would need their own starting area because the DK starting area takes place while Arthas is the Lich King. Which is a solid 10-15 years before the Pandas escaped their turtle prison.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    The DK starting zone they were changed by Arthas as the Lich King if Pandaren were made into DK's their starting zone would have to be different from the other DK's.
    Ah yeah, well they can just make a few tweaks here and there imo. Just switching some npcs (mainly arthas)

Homophobia is so gay.

the lack of imagination when it comes to this topic never stops to surprise me.... here are two options how to fix panda dks, or even dks in general, lorewise:
    1. dks start at lvl 1 in the starting zone of their race (since they werent raised by the lich king they start out weaker, at lvl 1)
    2. dks start around lvl 100 and get a new short starting scenario where the ebon blade raises them and they go through some basic training or shit like that

i prefer #1 because it doesnt get outdated after every xpac and opens the class to all races, this should also happen with dhs after legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Even ebon blade has standards. So nope.

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    1. dks start at lvl 1 in the starting zone of their race (since they werent raised by the lich king they start out weaker, at lvl 1)
    The Ebon Blade managed to find the Wandering Isle randomly and start raising DKs? Or are you suggesting that they FedEx-ed them back to the WI after it had already been taken over by the monks, yet still it's magically pristine and untouched by the Horde/Alliance war?

the lack of imagination when it comes to this topic never stops to surprise me.... here are two options how to fix panda dks, or even dks in general, lorewise:
    2. dks start around lvl 100 and get a new short starting scenario where the ebon blade raises them and they go through some basic training or shit like that

i prefer #1 because it doesnt get outdated after every xpac and opens the class to all races, this should also happen with dhs after legion.
    Or you could go with option 3:

3. Stop asking for stupid additions to the game.

Actually if enough people ask for it, Blizzard will make it happen. That's how they work. They think subs.

That's why they have taken really bad decisions the past few years, because they listen to the casual whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunaka View Post
    The Ebon Blade managed to find the Wandering Isle randomly and start raising DKs? Or are you suggesting that they FedEx-ed them back to the WI after it had already been taken over by the monks, yet still it's magically pristine and untouched by the Horde/Alliance war?
    nope, the wandering isle is no longer a mysterious and lost thing, but a giant turtle swimming around pandaria where pandaren learn the basics of their art before deciding which faction to join....

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh god please no. Can we please just forget pandas exist? My immersion of DKs being super awesome bad asses is already tainted every time I see a gnome DK. Do we really need to ruin it further with the worst race added to the game?

Well if we look at this lore wise with DK starting zone, it doesn't make sense indeed.
    For gameplay reasons though, it does make sense now.

If we go lore wise, why are there no invasions anymore in kalimdor and eastern kingdoms? Day one we got all artifacts including killing gul'dan? Doesn't seem to be the case yet there are no invasions anymore... Can bend the rules sometimes I guess.

nope, the wandering isle is no longer a mysterious and lost thing, but a giant turtle swimming around pandaria where pandaren learn the basics of their art before deciding which faction to join....
    Yeah and again when Pandaren are doing the Wandering Isle it's before the Alliance and Horde have discovered them that is at the end just before they join their faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Well if we look at this lore wise with DK starting zone, it doesn't make sense indeed.
    For gameplay reasons though, it does make sense now.

If we go lore wise, why are there no invasions anymore in kalimdor and eastern kingdoms? Day one we got all artifacts including killing gul'dan? Doesn't seem to be the case yet there are no invasions anymore... Can bend the rules sometimes I guess.
    Lore rise there are still invasions and such gameplay wise they just don't appear.

This could work, with just some minor tweaks to the already established starting zone. Change the into voice over a bit, make the whole thing like a flash back. At the end you do Light's Hope, travel to Icecrown Citadel and get a power/level boost to 90 or maybe 100. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Yeah and again when Pandaren are doing the Wandering Isle it's before the Alliance and Horde have discovered them that is at the end just before they join their faction.
    pandaren have been discovered already and new dks are being raised, so according to lore, pandaren can become dks. if there is some gameplay issue preventing this, it should be fixed, not used as an excuse.