Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Are hardcore raiders forced to do "World Quests"?

Reward from Emissary Quests has legendary gear.

Yes, hardcore raiders are being forced to play content.

Deleted
    God forbid we have shit to do in this game that we all play.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    bu fucking hu, gotta do 4 quests every day
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

If they truly want to stay competitive they'll have to do mythic dungeons, heroic dungeons, world quests and every difficulty of raiding due to titanforging, pretty much playing 24/7. Will they? Probably not.

It's ok to still call them quests, rather than throw around the word content for everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh noes! The game requires us to do something!

If you wish to give yourself and edge, yes. Else, no.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

For real blizzard you need to remove all content that isnt raiding so those poor poor hardcore people can log in raid and log out more. It is so unhealthy for there to be this much content.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are "forced" to do the WQ as much as they are "forced" to farm heroic and mythic dungeons before the raids unlock.
    Who cares, they are "hardcore" they are used to being forced to do stuff.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardcore raiders can go to hell. World quests are potentially end game content for many non raiders - like me - so it must provide some sort of progression for them too.

TBH I'd like it that titanforged gear from nonraid content can't go higher then baseline normal raid level.

Then just remove tier from Lfr and bring mythic+ dungeons and pvp itemlevel in line with lfr.

And can legendaries.

Other venues of progression are fun but this game's pristine is raiding so nobody but the very best of the raiders deserve comparable rewards at all.

You are only keeping up with what other players dictate.
    The legendary gear is NOT a requirement.

There are ways to achieve that without legendary items, so NO IT IS NOT FORCED.
    Silly people need to stop using words they do not understand.

There are rewards which are hard to pass up, but until they are actually a requirement which blizzard are enforcing then you are not forced by blizzard.
    It is players making that problem.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-09-05 at 06:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

forced? No, no one is forced to do them.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

The word "forced" and wow threads go together better than "savage" and WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    So all the Tittles, mounts, unique looking gear, higher ilvl, achievements, battle pets and unique encounters arent enough? Its important to not only give more to the elite masters of button pressing but also to give less to others whos mastery of button pressing isnt as high.
    Thats I think a common misconception. Its ok and desireable that the majority of the player base doesn't get most of the cool stuff. Gives you something to aspire to.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    By their nature a "hardcore" raider will do anything that provides at least a chance for an advantage. World quests have a chance for a better than average item, then world quests become mandatory. Same thing with dungeons, order halls, crafting, etc. Its part of being a "hardcore" player. People like that don´t complain, they just do whatever it is they see fit to do.

On the other hand there are what I like to call "self proclaimed hardcore raiders" wich are the people who want all the advantages of playing like a harcore raider but either cant or dont want to. Those don´t usually do all of the things needed to get the edge and just complain on the different forums. They are part of the forum ecosystem and provide the Blizzard comunity team with plenty of work.
    Probably the best answer that i saw on this forum.

They tried to coddle the min-max playstyle in WoD, to unfortunate results. It turns out that degrading the game experience of the average player, just to avoid overworking the min-maxers, doesn't lead to good retention.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Thats I think a common misconception. Its ok and desireable that the majority of the player base doesn't get most of the cool stuff. Gives you something to aspire to.
    Thank you people seem to think it is 2016 and not 2004, i for one love living in the past. Raiding is minority of a minority, so no, they dont deserve more rewards then they already have, this is a game, not a job, get over yourself.

PvErs being forced to do PvE, I see no issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    No.

Hardcore raiders are "forced" to do World Quests.

They arent forced to do "World Quests"