Thread: Views so far..

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Views so far..

So I'm ilvl 820, my guild is going to start set mythic 5 man runs (we're a mythic raiding guild.)
    I got a slow start due to work, but I feel like I'm doing okay.

I'm doing heroics so far as Demo, living off that implosion like mad, but wow, I can do well, but it takes a ton of work.
    It shows too, if I screw up one thing, my dps suffers big.

I got 15 points into my artifact, I think I'm going to start working on my affliction weapon now, since it seems to be the bee's knees for 5 mans.

How is everyone else doing? I got my destro artifact, but havent even thought of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Deleted
    Playing around as Destro, it's okay, but it's still awful compared to my Fire Mage.

Can't get into any Mythic runs though. Sitting at 830 ilvl, but since I don't have a guild, my run attempts right now look like this:

Instant declined
    Get invited, someone writes "Warlocks are shit, kick and find X"
    Try to make a group, ppl see Lock, ppl leave.

It's frustrating as hell to have to deal with this absurd bias lol

Deleted
    I to have been prosecuted for being a warlock. I can't do mythic because warlocks are some of the worst dps class in the game, I get branded as a nuisance and a pest, I get insta kicked and blocked before the group has even started. I must collect the leftover scraps from world quests in order to progress my gear.

for I have tried all specs, and affliction is the best one by far. It's still bad, but it's that or nothing.

With +24% chance to crit with my dot and +% to not use a shard on chaos bolt I am practically spamming chaos bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    Playing around as Destro, it's okay, but it's still awful compared to my Fire Mage.

Can't get into any Mythic runs though. Sitting at 830 ilvl, but since I don't have a guild, my run attempts right now look like this:

Instant declined
    Get invited, someone writes "Warlocks are shit, kick and find X"
    Try to make a group, ppl see Lock, ppl leave.

It's frustrating as hell to have to deal with this absurd bias lol
    That sucks considering I'm generally 1st or a close 2nd in Mythics so far as Destro. As long as someone has Bloodlust Destro is a fucking god in Mythics.
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV View Post
    That sucks considering I'm generally 1st or a close 2nd in Mythics so far as Destro. As long as someone has Bloodlust Destro is a fucking god in Mythics.
    Yeah, I'm easily first place outside of being grouped with a Fire Mage. But let's be honest, those are OP as shit right now :P

It's just bias about Locks.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV View Post
    No disscussion on affliction?

I'm one point away from 2nd gold passive on affliction. I don't plan to play the other specs so either they buff affliction or I'll just re-roll another class.

Other all I have to say the AOE potential of Affliction is nuts. I'm not mythic ready but I was keeping up with people in mythic gear on 3+ targets.

Currently playing destro, seems like it's gonna be the go to choice for when we'll start raiding.. running with Roaring blaze / Cata / demon skin / Soul harvest / Burning rush / Grim of sac / Channel Doomfire
    Gives me decent ST and Decent AoE and cleave, so it's working quite Well for me in Dungeons..

What's best really depends on the group setup and what you're going for, personally I've focused on getting what i would Call a "Well rounded spec" before that i ran with Roaring blaze / Cata / demon skin / fire and brimstone / Burning rush / Grim of sac / Wreck havoc.. It gave good AoE and Cleave, but lacked for me in the ST aspect.

(The artifact I'm running with is http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...ywDMxATMgFUsBA Also put 13 points into Demo, gonna level it further up after I get my 16th point in Destro and I'm currently ilvl 840 as destro)

While I agree with many that we could really use some buffs/small changes, I really feel a lot of people are exaggerating the state we're in.. We're still valid and if we play it right we still pull our weight .. We might not top the raid fights (gonna have to wait and see how we'll look - still pretty sure that even without buffs we'll still be valid and pull our weight), but in Dungeons right now we're fine.. Where we imo are behind is when it comes to movement..

Demo has got the ST but the issues with ramp up time and mobility really hurt demo a lot, and not to mention the specs inability to swap targets probably..

Destro is in a better state and still got a good toolkit, but it also lacks in movement..

So atm I'd say that the most impactful thing is plantning our movements Well and reduce the lose of DPS as much as possible from it..

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    I to have been prosecuted for being a warlock. I can't do mythic because warlocks are some of the worst dps class in the game, I get branded as a nuisance and a pest, I get insta kicked and blocked before the group has even started. I must collect the leftover scraps from world quests in order to progress my gear.

for I have tried all specs, and affliction is the best one by far. It's still bad, but it's that or nothing.
    Okay, this sounds like either people are not giving you a chance, or sorry to say but else you're doing something wrong..
    We're not "super powerfull" right now, but we're still able to pull our weight.. Heck even top Some fights or compete atleast..

As i Said playing destro atm, popping CD's and utilizing the toolkit I'm still doing quite Well against others, also in Mythics..
    On heavy movement fights it can tho be frustrating (Dam you EoA) But quite often we can get past this with good planning..
    Last edited by Neevs; 2016-09-05 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    No disscussion on affliction?

I'm one point away from 2nd gold passive on affliction. I don't plan to play the other specs so either they buff affliction or I'll just re-roll another class.

Other all I have to say the AOE potential of Affliction is nuts. I'm not mythic ready but I was keeping up with people in mythic gear on 3+ targets.
    Not going to lie, don"t even have the other artifact weapons, I feel like I can do enough with destro in every aspect that the other specs aren't worth any effort into plus they require a lot more mastery then I have, a dump stat for destro. Plus affliction from my understanding suffers a lot in single target and probably doesn't work as well in cleave as destro.

I'm only playing destruction, because I kinda hate the other two specs, so I'll talk about destro.
    Sitting with 830 il atm, went for Dimension ripper. Shadowburn, Entropy, Skin, Eradication, Rush, Service, Conduit (<- ST spec) I go for Cataclysm and F&B for AoE fights.
    Destruction at the moment seems fine damage-wise, I can do pretty good DPS, I top with some good RNG out of my Mastery (I still try to get as much crit as possible, going for haste second because fuck that rng mastery). Looks like they managed the number tuning on us pretty good. IF you manage to get lucky with soul shards. If you get a steady flow of them out of immolate crits, soul conduit and soul snatcher, my ST dps seems pretty solid. Usually running mythics with a hunter and fire mage, so I think damage is good.
    AoE seems ok as well, cleave is nuts too.
    However, with having said all that, destruction is not in a good spot, eventhough we can do competitive damage at almost anything. The problem is that we can do everything pretty well, just not at the same time. If you want good ST, you can kiss your AoE goodbye, or vice-versa. If there's gonna be a boss encounter like the Ogron Twins in Highmaul, it seems that destro will be top for that fight. But there's just *too much* reliance on talents. It's not fair, why do we have to spec around encounters, while hunters/demon hunters can do a shitton of dps in any kind of situation without speccing for it. That's my current problem with destruction. They've taken all our baseline and put it into the same talent rows. For me, destruction was in a perfect spot in MoP/WoD. It had everything. Now we can have anything...but not everything :/
    The mastery for destruction needs to go, though. They've fucked up destruction badly enough through talents, mastery just makes it a joke. Class fantasy my ass ...
    I have high hopes that we'll get a fix in a patch, because the amount of negative feedback all three warlock specs have received is immense. I know, though, that destruction's talents won't get fixed, because it's just too much of a hassle and knowing blizzard, they'll just tune around some numbers ... I just hope they remove that mastery and replace it with our old one/something better.

That's it for me now. Playing destruction, although I'm not enjoying it. Can't reroll cause we need some warlocks in our raid team. So I'm stuck :/

I don't think Blizzard did a terrible job with Destruction. I think it's actually working as intended. Their goal for this expansion was to make your talent choices mean something. You would have to look at your group, see where your weaknesses lay, and then adjust your spec for that. You could be a cleave god by hurting your ST a bit. Or you could do very strong AOE damage. One last option would be going for primarily a single target build.

But unfortunately, they screwed up a couple of the other classes who aren't the same. Hunters and Demon Hunters are often pointed at for this, where they can do it all. If those classes were fixed in a way that made them more similar to locks, where they could choose to do one thing amazingly well and be mediocre at the rest, it would be far better than just making Warlocks the same as them.

Quote Originally Posted by DustWolf View Post
    I'm only playing destruction, because I kinda hate the other two specs, so I'll talk about destro.
    Sitting with 830 il atm, went for Dimension ripper. Shadowburn, Entropy, Skin, Eradication, Rush, Service, Conduit (<- ST spec) I go for Cataclysm and F&B for AoE fights.
    Destruction at the moment seems fine damage-wise, I can do pretty good DPS, I top with some good RNG out of my Mastery (I still try to get as much crit as possible, going for haste second because fuck that rng mastery). Looks like they managed the number tuning on us pretty good. IF you manage to get lucky with soul shards. If you get a steady flow of them out of immolate crits, soul conduit and soul snatcher, my ST dps seems pretty solid. Usually running mythics with a hunter and fire mage, so I think damage is good.
    AoE seems ok as well, cleave is nuts too.
    However, with having said all that, destruction is not in a good spot, eventhough we can do competitive damage at almost anything. The problem is that we can do everything pretty well, just not at the same time. If you want good ST, you can kiss your AoE goodbye, or vice-versa. If there's gonna be a boss encounter like the Ogron Twins in Highmaul, it seems that destro will be top for that fight. But there's just *too much* reliance on talents. It's not fair, why do we have to spec around encounters, while hunters/demon hunters can do a shitton of dps in any kind of situation without speccing for it. That's my current problem with destruction. They've taken all our baseline and put it into the same talent rows. For me, destruction was in a perfect spot in MoP/WoD. It had everything. Now we can have anything...but not everything :/
    The mastery for destruction needs to go, though. They've fucked up destruction badly enough through talents, mastery just makes it a joke. Class fantasy my ass ...
    I have high hopes that we'll get a fix in a patch, because the amount of negative feedback all three warlock specs have received is immense. I know, though, that destruction's talents won't get fixed, because it's just too much of a hassle and knowing blizzard, they'll just tune around some numbers ... I just hope they remove that mastery and replace it with our old one/something better.

That's it for me now. Playing destruction, although I'm not enjoying it. Can't reroll cause we need some warlocks in our raid team. So I'm stuck :/
    Just so you know, Haste is by far our best stat, even over Int. But to remark on everything else, I completely agree it's why I'm already realizing more money is going to go to tomes then really should ever be required since I'll have to change my talents around for every single fight and as for trash I just plan to say fuck it and go with whatever my last spec was or the spec I know I will be changing to.

The real trick with destruction is to go for the increased crit on Immolate ASAP and then stack the hell out of haste and crit almost exclusively. Once your shard regeneration is high enough you will essentially never use incinerate unless you have bad RNG streaks.

That being said, while I can pull decent numbers, the playstyle is unbelievably frustrating because it basically comes down to crossing your fingers and hoping either Soul Conduit or ~30% crit Immolate doesn't fuck you over. To say that it's not enjoyable would be a huge understatement. You'd better start with full shards on each boss (feasible for dungeons...not really for raids) or else you are not going to have a good time. Combine this with your mastery that decides at random whether or not it'll increase your damage (seriously why blizzard) and you have a frustrating gamble for DPS. There's so much in destruction that can fuck you over, and your best case scenario is only decently competitive.

This is one reason I like Backdraft Shard generation seems even and makes for a much more cohesive rotation plus the damage currently is probably better then roaring blaze and even with the 2 piece I don't think it will change horribly to much since it has a positive impact on Backdraft as well.

For trash, as demo, i generally suck. Where demon hunters are going 500k dps on a trash pull, i would be going 300k. I dont run implosion because im a single target guy. If theres a lust i'll be sitting at 250k on most bosses. Bosses with high movement kill demonology, its not the spec itself. Personally being i think good with demonology takes skill as TKC requires lineup with buffs and all pets empowered.

We will see what happens in raiding for demonolgy. I think that is where they will shine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DustWolf View Post
    ...The problem is that we can do everything pretty well, just not at the same time. If you want good ST, you can kiss your AoE goodbye, or vice-versa. If there's gonna be a boss encounter like the Ogron Twins in Highmaul, it seems that destro will be top for that fight. But there's just *too much* reliance on talents.
    Oh god no, not talents that mean something and might need to be changed for different fights... GOD NO. /s

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Oh god no, not talents that mean something and might need to be changed for different fights... GOD NO. /s
    Would be fine if they didn't fuck up the talent swapping system

Deleted
    you should stick to demo if you liked it and refine your gameplay, it has a really well balanced toolkit in my opinion. run implosion, hand of doom, synergy, dark glare.
    it plays very smooth and has no rng.
    if you just want to plow down trash packs affliction is slightly better but you lose a bit on boss dps.

Deleted
    They need to revert the class to its Mists of Pandaria state.

Completely ditch everything they've done since then, it has not been an improvement.

Destruction, while bearable, is a shadow of its former self. Affliction and Demo are just sad.

Why is it that they managed to screw Warlocks over completely, I mean they had over 2 years worth of time to figure something out?
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-09-06 at 01:49 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Why is it that they managed to screw Warlocks over completely, I mean they had over 2 years worth of time to figure something out?
    Class fantasy is the theme this expac

A lot of classes/specs got fucked over cause of it.