Thread: Star's Design

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Star's Design

Has any one managed to farm this up yet? (Fire hidden artifact skin)

I have been trying almost non stop since 110. I roam around suramar just killing all the nightborne NPCs. I've killed all the rares in the zone and no luck yet.

Quote Originally Posted by glorithan View Post
    I have been trying almost non stop since 110. I roam around suramar just killing all the nightborne NPCs. I've killed all the rares in the zone and no luck yet.
    did you finish your class hall campaign yet?

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    did you finish your class hall campaign yet?
    I have not. It will be finished tomorrow afternoon. Does it have to be?

Quote Originally Posted by glorithan View Post
    I have not. It will be finished tomorrow afternoon. Does it have to be?
    thats the current theory ive seen.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    thats the current theory ive seen.
    theory? i haven't seen any confirmed cases of this dropping outside of beta. has anyone seen someone walking around with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Choloz View Post
    theory? i haven't seen any confirmed cases of this dropping outside of beta. has anyone seen someone walking around with it?
    that's why its a theory..

Where in Suramar is everyone farming? I was thinking trying outside Court of Stars area since the name of the item is The Star's Design.

Deleted
    I´d assume you dont have to finish your class campagne to get it. There are a lot of hidde nappearaces which you can unlock without finishing the campaign. Like hunter for example, just buy it lel

Quote Originally Posted by pydoc11 View Post
    Where in Suramar is everyone farming? I was thinking trying outside Court of Stars area since the name of the item is The Star's Design.
    That is a great point! Let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by pydoc11 View Post
    Might affect the drop rate but you're also meant to be able to get it from Azsuna's Nightborne mobs too.

Deleted
    Been farming in a circle around the Waning Crescent teleporter for about 3-4 hours a day, nadda. Completed the order hall campaign too.

Outside Court of Stars is not too easy to farm all the mobs have 6 mill hp or more and are grouped up. Was there for 30 minutes or so with my DH friend but we got swarmed hard by mobs.

Been farming nightbornes and thicket hunters for quite a few hours myself, but no luck so far. Have not heard of anyone who has gotten it yet either.

I think we might be missing a prerequisite. Maybe unlocking Court of Stars?

The drop data we have is Beta only, and things could have changed. I have not seen a single report of a live drop yet, and if it was as easy as it being a zone drop in Suramar (where everyone is killing things every day) then we'd have lots of reports even at minimal drop rates.

Chances are you either need some prerequisite that is not available yet, or it comes from somewhere else entirely and people just haven't done that yet.

You unlock court at revered or exalted for nightfallen?

You unlock it at 8k into honoured.

Nice I could hit that tomorrow with the right world quests.

You get it from random Nightborne mobs in Suramar. No clear prerequisites are known, but in my opinion you need to be exalted with the Nightfallen for a chance at a drop, since almost every other hidden appearance is tied to a rep grind.

So, since launch it seems there has been no new information regarding our hidden artifact appearance and how to acquire it. All the beta information we have is from mobs in Suramar and a couple is Azsuna. Since launch of the expansion, there is not a single confirmed drop that can actually be verified. At least there is not one that I have found. A few days ago, there was confirmation from a GM that apparently says that the hidden appearance wont be as simple as a world drop like it was in beta. "WoWhead's information is most likely incorrect, hidden appearances have their own methods of being unlocked, they do not simply drop." Those were just for testing. Some people are doubting the validity of the GM response but it does seem to be real since we have not seen it yet. A lot of mages who are trying to get it are still farming said mobs with no luck. I think its time we start working out new theories and maybe we will be able to find a new way.

So far, after reading the Felo'Melorn chapters of the Archive of the Tirisgarde there were a few things that I tried to go and check out. The first was Kael'thas Sunstrider. He continued to pop up and was deeply interested and connected to the weapon. I went and ran Tempest Keep as well as Magisters' Terrace but was unable to find anything of value. After that I decided to see what I could find out in Eversong Woods where there is the Shrine of Dath'Remar who is said to have had the blade forged. That came up with nothing as well. The only other major things to note was the amount of mention of Arthas and ICC. The fact that we got our weapon there makes me thing it has nothing to do with finding out how to get ours.

I'm open to any ideas to try to figure out how ours will actually drop. It feels like we are wasting our time just farming mobs considering there is still not a confirmed drop yet.

From WoWHead comments:
    By Typherus
    There are those NPC's in broken isles that when you approach them with Felo'melorn they ask if they may "hold the weapon or inspect it" and after they RP abit with it they award you a small amount of AP.

Mabye there is a chance to have the item dropped, but first you need to find all of these NPCs to and let them have their way^^ Anyways i found 3 So far.

Dalaran = a Blacksmith will react to you when u go near him with felo'melorn
    Aszuna = The Reliquary faction there is a Belf "Coords, 47.8 - 42.6" Examiner Andoren Dawnrise/examiner-andoren-dawnrise
    Val'Sharah = Explorers League a Dwarf "Coords, 60.8 - 88.6" Maldur Goldmantle/maldur-goldmantle

No clue if these are actually linked to the item but they may be so sharing what i found so far and hoping that others that found similar NPCs probably in the other zones "Suramar, Highmountain and Stormheim" can share the location of those if they exist ! Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Paska; 2016-09-09 at 05:01 AM.