Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    You can also not fly if its enabled for people that enjoy it. If you really enjoy travelling on the ground through horribly designed zones and choppy terrain that do it by all means. However why do you feel entitled to tell others how to play?

- - - Updated - - -

The only argument against flying is self centered

"I enjoy traveling on the ground"

"Flying makes content skippable"

guess what you dont have to USE flying even if its enabled
    Causing disparity of players willfully on the ground and people just flying objective to objective sounds like great MMO design.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    I've been part of the flying conversation longer than most people here. I've found in that time that people who cry about needing flying can only give self centered reasons.
    Such as what, exactly? From what I've seen it's a simple desire to not deal with the same old Kill-X quests and environments filled with needless speedbumps. People want Blizzard to improve the open world, not just fill it with trash and force you to slog through it.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-09-05 at 08:55 PM.

Causing disparity of players willfully on the ground and people just flying objective to objective sounds like great MMO design.
    Why does it matter?

Blizzard already received a black eye for trying to be a bully and removing flying from the game. And they are trying to do it again or trying to limit it to the point players become apathetic towards it with Legion.

But this time the players will circle the wagons like they did in WoD with Legion and give them another black eye for acting like irrational children. More importantly that players do not share or accept their vision is a sign that the tide has already turned and it hasn't even been one month.

BTW happy Labor Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Blizzard already received a black eye for trying to be a bully and removing flying from the game. And they are trying to do it again or trying to limit it to the point players become apathetic towards it with Legion.

But this time the players will circle the wagons like they did in WoD with Legion and give them another black eye for acting like irrational children. More importantly that players do not share or accept their vision is a sign that the tide has already turned and it hasn't even been one month.

BTW happy Labor Day!
    That's funny.. I see no mob.

I enjoy flying. I think it should be enabled at 110. It is not and so I feel no rush in doing anything at 110 let alone getting to 110.

I would not mind if they had you do lore master and exploration of all the new land then allowed it. This would make people go through the new content.

Once my first character hits 110, a dps, I may just start leveling my tank and then do that for my other two characters as well. I can see four max characters this expansion for me. Once all that is done and flying is not enabled, I may just unsub until they put flying in the game.

It was considered great for at least 8 years...
    Last edited by Connll; 2016-09-05 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonthar View Post
    I enjoy flying. I think it should be enabled at 110. It is not and so I feel no rush in doing anything at 110 let alone getting to 110.

I would not mind if they had you do lore master and exploration of all the new land then allowed it. This would make people go through the new content.

Once my first character hits 110, a dps, I may just start leveling my tank and then do that for my other two characters as well. I can see four max characters this expansion for me. Once all that is done and flying is not enabled, I may just unsub until they put flying in the game.
    I enjoy no flying. I think it should continue being disabled at 110. I've been enjoying the WPvP that comes with everyone out in the world and not flying away to avoid fights or being a coward and ganking someone whilst they're at low hp and then flying away.

On the note of flying though, we basically still can every 5mins if you have the right toys. Maybe you should get them!

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    I enjoy no flying. I think it should continue being disabled at 110. I've been enjoying the WPvP that comes with everyone out in the world and not flying away to avoid fights or being a coward and ganking someone whilst they're at low hp and then flying away.

On the note of flying though, we basically still can every 5mins if you have the right toys. Maybe you should get them!
    Superb excellent, you keep flying off your PvP server. I'll have flying over here on my PvE one thanks, I would also like flying over here on my PvE server to reduce the amount of idiocy I have to be exposed to with fuckwit trains dragging entire zones over my unavoidably AEing character that'd be great thanks.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Don't fly.

/shrug

What is keeping you from using only your ground mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    A false sense of competition created by elitist BS. Everyone wants to feel like they're competing for raid slots, or think they're having to keep up with the top 1% of the rest of their server group. It's complete and total nonsense. Competition for mob tagging has been addressed already with the new tag system. Gathering nodes respawn, and there's no actual race to be there first. There are no leaderboards within the game for downing bosses first. There are no prizes for getting a raid complete before anyone else. There is no finite amount of kills or loot that you have to rush to get. It's 100% in the community OUTSIDE of the game itself.

I know that some of that stuff matters to streamers, because it's how they make some of their revenue. And some of that stuff matters to the top 1% of super-hardcore raiding guilds. But both of those are such a small percentage of the community that it is flat out ridiculous to think that the game should be balanced around them at the cost of everyone else's enjoyment.

Also, there's a complete lack of self control and unwillingness to sacrifice efficiency of movement for enjoyment of the precious content that they hold so dear. It's also nonsense, because if the content was really that good to begin with, they wouldn't need to resist using their flying mount in the first place.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-09-05 at 11:31 PM.

No flying in 7.0 confirmed

You can also not fly if its enabled for people that enjoy it. If you really enjoy travelling on the ground through horribly designed zones and choppy terrain that do it by all means. However why do you feel entitled to tell others how to play?

- - - Updated - - -

The only argument against flying is self centered

"I enjoy traveling on the ground"

"Flying makes content skippable"

guess what you dont have to USE flying even if its enabled
    The argument for poorly designed zones is a joke. Still waiting for a screenshot of one of these horribly design areas that cause so much grief.

No one is telling you how to play the game except the developers - something they have done since its inception, only now you disagree with a decision they made

And you do need to use flight if it's enabled. It's far too powerful to avoid, unless you have no intention of keeping up with consumption of outdoor content. We're not using ground mounts because we enjoy prancing around in our fancy ponies. We enjoy it because we are back in the world again.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    Superb excellent, you keep flying off your PvP server. I'll have flying over here on my PvE one thanks, I would also like flying over here on my PvE server to reduce the amount of idiocy I have to be exposed to with fuckwit trains dragging entire zones over my unavoidably AEing character that'd be great thanks.
    I would enjoy that actually. I don't see a valid reason to keep flying off of PvE servers, but there definitely is reason for PvP servers, of which I am on.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Don't fly.

/shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    The people who are flying, those who want to kill your low level alts and then just fly in the air when you log your main, or just fly away when they realise they can't win - after starting attacking you. Usually druids who Shadowmeld > Flight Form. Cannot be stopped at all.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-09-05 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    The argument for poorly designed zones is a joke. Still waiting for a screenshot of one of these horribly design areas that cause so much grief.

No one is telling you how to play the game except the developers - something they have done since its inception, only now you disagree with a decision they made

And you do need to use flight if it's enabled. It's far too powerful to avoid, unless you have no intention of keeping up with consumption of outdoor content. We're not using ground mounts because we enjoy prancing around in our fancy ponies. We enjoy it because we are back in the world again.
    Funny I dont remember anyone crying about flying being a problem before they decided to remove it

Funny I dont remember anyone crying about flying being a problem before they decided to remove it
    Trust me, there were people complaining about it - myself included. In fact, most people who participate in any sort of WPvP would have been annoyed by it at some point. WoD didn't really help though considering there was no WPvP as everyone was sat in their Garrison doing nothing. Legion though? It's fucking fun.

Trust me, there were people complaining about it - myself included. In fact, most people who participate in any sort of WPvP would have been annoyed by it at some point. WoD didn't really help though considering there was no WPvP as everyone was sat in their Garrison doing nothing. Legion though? It's fucking fun.
    Yea flying hurts wpvp, not cross real zoning and phasing. Nice try

Get goblin gliders and/or the toy kite from Highmountain.

Flying isn't as useful then.

Yea flying hurts wpvp, not cross real zoning and phasing. Nice try
    This thread isn't about the latter, what's your point?

E: Come to think of it though, I've not had anyone phase out on me in Legion besides someone entering a dungeon/BG. So, not really much of a point either way I guess.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-09-06 at 12:39 AM.

Blizzard basically manufactured this problem by stoking the fires. Six or so years with flight and you MAYBE saw one or two small threads a month complaining about it (almost 100% due to WPvP), then they stoked the fire and the WPvP crowd (who have looked for pretty much ANYTHING to blame for the lack of WPvP since Vanilla) showed up in full force.

Sad thing is, this whole thing just puts a further wedge between the two communities and caused quite a bit of anger and resentment that could have been avoided if they had just left things alone. Strangely, there was actually a time when the developers were on record as saying that they preferred you were angry at the game rather than the players, but this little stroke of genius managed to do both at once... for an extended period of time.

Is it all WPvP players that want no-flight? Of course not, but if you scan the official forums enough you will see that 90-95% of the anti-flight crowd are from PvP servers or have a dungeons-only playstyle (so the effect is minimal).

Blizzard brought it all on themselves, but I have to admit, it has actually been pretty fun to watch them pay the price over the last few years. I look forward to seeing how it goes form here, because it definitely has not fully played out yet.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2016-09-06 at 12:47 AM.