Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by globezorz View Post
    What build are you using? I'm genuinely asking, not being confrontational. I'd love to make frost work, I'd also love obliterate to be worthwhile, but that's another deal lol.
    Icy talons, Frozen Pulse, Avalanche.

Stacking as much crit and mastery as I can while avoiding haste. I literally don't ever use obliterate even on ST, with my crit and mastery values spamming FS does more damage per rune. FS is critting for 180k, 230k with Pillar of Frost up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by globezorz View Post
    What build are you using? I'm genuinely asking, not being confrontational. I'd love to make frost work, I'd also love obliterate to be worthwhile, but that's another deal lol.
    Talents:

Icy Talons, Frozen Pulse, Avalanche, Frost Scythe, Glacial Advance.

Stats:

Crit > Haste > Mastery

Priority list for single target:

1)Howling Blast only to keep Frost Fever up
    2)Glacial Advance
    3)Frost Strike when I'm nearing runic cap with the next ability or have at least 3 runes recharging
    4)Frostscythe only when Killing Machine is up
    5)Howling Blast only if Rime is up
    6)Obliterate only when Killing Machine is not up
    7)Frost Strike

Cleave (2 targets):

2)Glacial Advance
    3)Frost Strike when I'm nearing runic cap with the next ability or have at least 3 runes recharging
    5)Remorseless Winter
    6)Howling Blast only if Rime is up
    7)Obliterate only when Killing Machine is not up
    8)Frost Strike

AOE:
    2)Glacial Advance
    3)Frost Strike when I'm nearing runic cap with the next ability or have at least 3 runes recharging, you do this to wait for a Killing Machine for #4
    5)Remorseless Winter
    6)Howling Blast only if Rime is up (it never is, you never Obliterate, except when you cleave 2 targets tops)
    7)Frost Strike

Quote Originally Posted by zekken View Post
    I'd love to know which kind of talent build are you all using because this is all nonsense to me.

How can you even complain about Frost's performance in mythic dungeons? The only specs who can come close is ww in terms of aoe.
    I'm using your same setup. You must not have played with good Demon Hunters or Outlaws. The damage they output with such ease and the godlike mobility they have to jump around while doing it has made me want to stop playing at times. I'm not even hating on those classes. Good for them and I don't wish they get nerfed. I just want Frost to get buffed so we can compete with them. I think that's fair to ask. Just a shot at competing because we are completely outclassed. Right now I'm very disappointed and disheartened.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracovian View Post
    I'm using your same setup. You must not have played with good Demon Hunters or Outlaws. The damage they output with such ease and the godlike mobility they have to jump around while doing it has made me want to stop playing at times. I'm not even hating on those classes. Good for them and I don't wish they get nerfed. I just want Frost to get buffed so we can compete with them. I think that's fair to ask. Just a shot at competing because we are completely outclassed. Right now I'm very disappointed and disheartened.
    No matter how good they are there's just no way they can burst packs of 9-11Mhp mobs to even half hp before you get to them.

Yes, the mobility is extremely frustrating especially considering the lack of survivability compared for UH's for example and the lackluster ST damage. I'm not saying Frost is one of the best dps specs in the expansion as of now, Jesus Christ no, but if there is something we can't complain about is our sustained AoE + incredible burst which is from what I've seen top 3 all around.

No matter how good they are there's just no way they can burst packs of 9-11Mhp mobs to even half hp before you get to them.

Yes, the mobility is extremely frustrating especially considering the lack of survivability compared for UH's for example and the lackluster ST damage. I'm not saying Frost is one of the best dps specs in the expansion as of now, Jesus Christ no, but if there is something we can't complain about is our sustained AoE + incredible burst which is from what I've seen top 3 all around.
    Again, you need to see what capable DH/Rogues do. There's no comparison. The only way to compete is blowing SF with Pillar and pray for crits.

Post your logs and WOW us.

Seems to be a ton of REALLY BAD Frost DK's in here. This is hard to read, honestly. @Nemesquish, where are you?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PeopleReady View Post
    Post your logs and WOW us.
    Maybe tomorrow with the mythics lockout reset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Talents:

Icy Talons, Frozen Pulse, Avalanche, Frost Scythe, Glacial Advance.

Stats:

Crit > Haste > Mastery

Priority list for single target:

2)Glacial Advance
    5)Howling Blast only if Rime is up
    6)Obliterate only when Killing Machine is not up
    7)Frost Strike

Cleave (2 targets):

2)Glacial Advance
    5)Remorseless Winter
    6)Howling Blast only if Rime is up
    7)Obliterate only when Killing Machine is not up
    8)Frost Strike

AOE:
    2)Glacial Advance
    3)Frost Strike when I'm nearing runic cap with the next ability or have at least 3 runes recharging, you do this to wait for a Killing Machine for #4
    5)Remorseless Winter
    6)Howling Blast only if Rime is up (it never is, you never Obliterate, except when you cleave 2 targets tops)
    7)Frost Strike
    Hi, you find yourself struggling to sometimes keep up icy talons?
    Edit: Played around with it, should be fine if I manage to only use it 1-2 seconds before it falls off.
    Last edited by mmoc3619dc7e61; 2016-09-05 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    Frost ability wise is the best its ever been

a redesign does not mean completely new rotational abilities, they could however change the mechanics. Like putting a bran new engine in a 67 chevy it still that classic Stang you love (wheels, frame, interrior) its just the engine and power is different.

Killing machine could have spent more time in the Oven cooking its "scaling" issue was pointed out by me and other's back in late December the second they announced the issue.

Obliterate and its relationship with Rime could have been changed (rime proc chance increased the by DKs crit chance ontop of a base 15% proc chance)

there is a slew of "under the hood" changes that could have been made that leave the rotational abilities in check but alter the reward and scaling system behind them.
    I dunno, when i hear redesign, i think a change of design, as in different play pattern, abilities, resources etc, i consider fixing scaling as just balance, but thats just semantics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudikof View Post
    Hi, you find yourself struggling to sometimes keep up icy talons?
    Edit: Played around with it, should be fine if I manage to only use it 1-2 seconds before it falls off.
    Micromanaging Icy Talons is impossible when you have a very particular priority list, just prioritize focus on not wasting resources and pray you aren't gonna get shit luck with procs. Frost is very unlike unholy, you have far less things to watch out for and a much easier priority list, but it's also a lot easier to fuck up majorly with rune management.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2016-09-05 at 10:21 PM.

If you have a WA or TMW string, it's actually relatively easy to keep track of IT and keep it up. My problem with playing with Frozen Pulse is it's such a HORRIBLE form of gameplay. I know it's still relatively strong, but I am enjoying the smoothness of the spec with some haste. I just need a shit ton more crit. Every heroic upgrade I get had anything BUT crit it seems which really sucks. However, I don't think I'm doing too too bad in heroic dungeons. We'll see what happens with Mythic dungeons when I get there. I still think SF is a fun ability, but the cool down is too long. Also DH/Rogues are quite ridiculous right now. Hoping to see some tuning upwards with this spec though relatively soon.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why does the Crystalline Swords Artifact Perk suck so badly? Is any other classes initial perk, that bad? I don't even notice it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adocul View Post
    Why does the Crystalline Swords Artifact Perk suck so badly? Is any other classes initial perk, that bad? I don't even notice it.
    It's the worst, FDK only ones who have to spend ArtPow to get their Artifact clicky and only ones who's clicky does nothing to their rotation/spec.

We've been complaining about it on beta forums since it came out and they never changed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dedzio View Post
    Why DH tank is a bane for dk dps spec?
    You must not have grouped with one, they jump n leap all over the place when tanking always taking the mobs and boss away from us and we have the worst mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Adocul View Post
    I have a theory if its damage kills your target it doesn't proc Dark Succor. Which makes it a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I have a theory if its damage kills your target it doesn't proc Dark Succor. Which makes it a liability.
    To be fair, the shamblers from the unholy artifact also cause this issue (if they get the killing blow, you don't get Dark Succor since it wasn't technically you for some reason). Both artifacts have uncontrollable ways to do that...shouldn't be the case for either of them in a perfect world, but why would that ever happen.

And yeah, I really dislike Crystalline Swords just because it is a heavily unnoticed part of the damage when I use the spec every now and then. I'm sure I'd be killing stuff slower without them, but it doesn't pack the same punch...besides, it is heavily "gold dragon" style talent comparing it to the 3 golds of most specs while SF is what the gold ring should have been. Just that swap alone would make it feel a bit better since they're implying that CrS is frost's "signature" trait. It's a minor dps increase with a cosmetic flair at best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    It's the worst, FDK only ones who have to spend ArtPow to get their Artifact clicky and only ones who's clicky does nothing to their rotation/spec.

We've been complaining about it on beta forums since it came out and they never changed it.
    On top of my head, both holy priest and bm hunters has a passive starter artifact trait aswell, and has to upgrade their artifact to get a clicky. And for bm its the worst trait (or well the pathway are worse) so its the last golden you get

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post

Holy Priests also don't start with their activatable, and Crystalline Swords accounts for usually around 5-8% damage on single target. That's pretty good for a golden trait.

I'd have to agree with what a lot of people are saying here. With a rank 16 artifact and 841 ilvl as Frost, I struggle to hit 230k on ST fights, while I see things like Rogues and Havoc DHs reaching 250-260k easily. The only time I ever feel confident in my DPS is on cleave fights, where I can hit up to 6-700k, but even then Havoc DHs can still manage to out DPS me easily, i'd love for just a little extra love to Frost because I like the spec a lot more than UH and really don't want to be playing UH for the remainder of the expansion, i'd rather just roll a havoc DH.

Quote Originally Posted by HBShock View Post
    I'd have to agree with what a lot of people are saying here. With a rank 16 artifact and 841 ilvl as Frost, I struggle to hit 230k on ST fights, while I see things like Rogues and Havoc DHs reaching 250-260k easily. The only time I ever feel confident in my DPS is on cleave fights, where I can hit up to 6-700k, but even then Havoc DHs can still manage to out DPS me easily, i'd love for just a little extra love to Frost because I like the spec a lot more than UH and really don't want to be playing UH for the remainder of the expansion, i'd rather just roll a havoc DH.
    100% agree, i could deal with our avg AoE/cleave its our ST that is lacking. They would need to buff FS/OB or even buff the few traits that effect ST dmg.