Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What do you love about your main?

WoW's best expansion to date is underway and we're powering up our artifacts. After months of deliberation, we've all had to settle on which of our various alts to focus these first few weeks. For some it was an easy decision, maybe even a foregone conclusion, but others we saw deliberating here in the forums right up to the last minute. So now that you've chosen, what made them your choice? What do you love about your main?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    The fact I dont need a hearthstone cause of teleports around the game is pretty fantastic

I settled on the idea of co-maining my paladin and DH, thinking this would give me two neat ways to plug into the lore of Legion, two diverse but balancing viewpoints. So far, however, the paladin is 110 & 823 while the DH is still 100.5 (I still look forward to playing him soon).

I love my Draenei paladin because…

…in an age of edge-lord hero classes, it’s kind of refreshing to play the straight arrow.

…the order hall is classic and the quests have been good.

…I got to save Velen and the Exodar!

…Very happy with my transmog, which I find important since I spend so much time with that on my screen. Yeah, it’s based on a set, but the cloak, tabard, weapon & shield, and helm are all my tweaks, along with accents like K’ute and Touch of the Naaru. I always enjoy my characters more once I’ve found a look I’m happy with.

…I love the way prot pally plays. Less health than other tanks, but tons of utility and always something meaningful to do. Plays very fast. Feels amost sci-fi with all the light show special effects.

I’m not trying to sell others on playing paladin lol, or using my transmog. My point is just that I found what makes me happy. Curious to hear what others have found and why they love it.

Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-09-06 at 05:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love my feral druid;

Cat form artifact models
    I can avoid a lot of mobs by prowling
    High burst damage with tiger's fury and king of the jungle
    Wild charge is awesome for mobile mobs/bosses
    Great lore
    Free portal to order hall and other locations

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post

…I got to save Velen and the Exodar!
    We all do. I did the scenarion on my druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Love my feral druid;

Cat form artifact models
    I can avoid a lot of mobs by prowling
    High burst damage with tiger's fury and king of the jungle
    Wild charge is awesome for mobile mobs/bosses
    Great lore
    Free portal to order hall and other locations

- - - Updated - - -

We all do. I did the scenarion on my druid.
    I've got a druid too - Tauren! and look forward to playing him at some point. I'll mostly bear, but for a lot of the same reasons you mention. Can't wait to explore the Emerald Dream!

And yeah, I know everyone helped save Velen, but saving him on my Draenei Paladin probably felt more like saving Malfurion on your druid. Just a little more personal.

I don't love anything about it per se, but it is more appealing to me than most of the other classes in their current state. So there's that. I guess the best part is the tankiness that enhancement has (just waiting for that self healing to be nerfed).

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I don't love anything about it per se, but it is more appealing to me than most of the other classes in their current state. So there's that. I guess the best part is the tankiness that enhancement has (just waiting for that self healing to be nerfed).
    I've heard shaman are great now, but I've never played one. Here's hoping you find something to love!

Deleted
    I love my Outlaw rogue:

-Stealth lets me get through tricky areas like the Udnerbelly without issues
    -The lore around rogues in Legion is awesome. So is our order hall champions and campaign
    -I just became Shadowblade(title)
    -very high burst coupled with rng for special moments
    -Unique thunderfury transmog

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's too early to describe this expansion as the 'best'.

I chose my Death Knight. It became my Main by accident almost, it was just an Alt that ended up joining my current Guild first because I didn't really want to leave on my Main at the time (Paladin). However, the general theme of an unstoppable bringer of death, bringing diseases and decay to its foes, freezing the ground beneath my feet.

I've enjoyed the playstyles of Frost, Blood and Unholy for quite some time. Unholy's control of damage, slowly building up and controlling diseases and minions. Frosts raw brutality, sheer cleaving of a spec and also previous choice of 2H and DW, and Blood's reactive tanking, absorbing the strength of foes and it's vampiric style of play. Whilst I don't think any of the specs are as good as what I fell in love with, I think Unholy still has a really strong theme and playstyle, plus summoning 16 Ghouls plus Val'kyr and an Abomination looks awesome.

Ultimately I'm know as a Death Knight now. Whilst I play Alts, I am known in my Guild by my Death Knight's name and half the questions about DK's usually seem to end up my way.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Prot warrior. When I have a dozen or more mobs on me beating on my block and it's like listening to a hailstorm bouncing off a tin roof. Also, zipping around the field of battle like a spazztard between charges/intervenes/leaps, to pick up mobs, stun things, save healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    I think it's too early to describe this expansion as the 'best'.
    I was waiting for that. But it's how I'm feeling right now, and figured it didn't want to water that down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue as general, now mostly outlaw, and i like it because.

- Grapling Hook, gives alot of cool additional mobility in places like highmountain
    - Dreadblades (Look of it especially after order hall campaing fits 100% to my red death t mog)
    - Class hall is also quite nice (at 1st i thought "sewer...comeon" but after seeing it live, i must admit its very rogie and quite handy with dalaran entrances )
    - Class hall story is also very nice.

As a Shadow Priest, here's a list of things I love about being level 110:

I chose my Death Knight. It became my Main by accident almost, it was just an Alt that ended up joining my current Guild first because I didn't really want to leave on my Main at the time (Paladin). However, the general theme of an unstoppable bringer of death, bringing diseases and decay to its foes, freezing the ground beneath my feet.

I've enjoyed the playstyles of Frost, Blood and Unholy for quite some time. Unholy's control of damage, slowly building up and controlling diseases and minions. Frosts raw brutality, sheer cleaving of a spec and also previous choice of 2H and DW, and Blood's reactive tanking, absorbing the strength of foes and it's vampiric style of play. Whilst I don't think any of the specs are as good as what I fell in love with, I think Unholy still has a really strong theme and playstyle, plus summoning 16 Ghouls plus Val'kyr and an Abomination looks awesome.

Ultimately I'm know as a Death Knight now. Whilst I play Alts, I am known in my Guild by my Death Knight's name and half the questions about DK's usually seem to end up my way.
    I mained my DK from WoLK all the way through WoD. Surprised everyone in guild when I announced I was switching. Sometimes change is good!

- - - Updated - - -

I mained my DK from WoLK all the way through WoD. Surprised everyone in guild when I announced I was switching. Sometimes change is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I love my Outlaw rogue:

-Stealth lets me get through tricky areas like the Udnerbelly without issues
    -The lore around rogues in Legion is awesome. So is our order hall champions and campaign
    -I just became Shadowblade(title)
    -very high burst coupled with rng for special moments
    -Unique thunderfury transmog
    I bounce back and forth between playing my worgen rogue as werewolf (sub) or pirate. That's why I need to finish his "Insane" achievement and make his split personality official.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Rogue as general, now mostly outlaw, and i like it because.

- Grapling Hook, gives alot of cool additional mobility in places like highmountain
    - Dreadblades (Look of it especially after order hall campaing fits 100% to my red death t mog)
    - Class hall is also quite nice (at 1st i thought "sewer...comeon" but after seeing it live, i must admit its very rogie and quite handy with dalaran entrances )
    - Class hall story is also very nice.
    I love the Dreadblades! And look forward to playing with them later in the xpac.

Deleted
    I still love my hunter, even though some unfortunate changes ruined it for many hunters, because of the core hunter abilities like feign death, because it is the only bow class in the game, because having 2 Core hounds in legion BM is really cool and because of its mobility

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    As a Shadow Priest, here's a list of things I love about being level 110:

/10 characters

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    I still love my hunter, even though some unfortunate changes ruined it for many hunters, because of the core hunter abilities like feign death, because it is the only bow class in the game, because having 2 Core hounds in legion BM is really cool and because of its mobility
    My hunter is Darkspear; he's been in a funk since Vol'jin... He'll have to get out there and wreak vengeance at some point. I may play him more as SV though. Haven't decided for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main is a hybrid, so I can do what I enjoy in raiding, and yet always get the queues in dungeons - as well as a 3rd specc for PvP.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The flashy animations, "all-over-the-place" rotation and play-style, and the extra customization options (Demon Hunter).