Deleted
    Mistwrap and RT here... It's AWESOME

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell are tanks you guys are referring to doing in Heroics that makes them die through EnvM?

EnvM w/ Mist Wrap and Soothing/Effuse is crazy good single target healing.

Deleted
    my artifact heal broke the 2m barrier and this is with only average 1 week mythic drops.

Deleted
    Sheilun's Gift crits for over 2million wich is pretty damn high considering tanks hp is like 2.5mil to 3mil atm.

Although that was with Vamp blood up
    I Delight in the Irony

Armory, Warcraft logs, Youtube, Twitter, Twitch

Deleted
    I saw you guys talking about haste, Im focusing a lot on mastery right now (+340%) and I must say I like it a lot. Im playing with Mist Wrap and MT. Might not be the best but I thought it would be cool to share.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meradith View Post
    I find MW very good in 5 mans. Are most people using RT? Im using Mistwrap and FT. Drink between pulls. SG is an amazing spell if you are a little preemptive in your thinking. Its a 2 sec cast time, but if you let 12 stack up, its essentially a 2 sec cast time lay on hands. Maybe better.

Also, how are most mythic raiders filling out their artifact? I followed traditional and then went for revival trait. I have that now and am about to start heading towards dancing mists. Im thinking of hitting the vivify trait before ReM. Any thoughts?
    You should follow this, Revival golden trait isn't that good.
    http://cranehealing.blogspot.fr/2016...lun-staff.html

Deleted
    Think you are really underestimating the gold traits. All our gold traits are very strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Your math is wrong. Only around 450% sp for effuse per cast.
    since you clearly don't know what you're talking about i'll do the math for you.

200(effuse) + 220 (mastery) * 1.03 (artifact passive) * 1.4 (Enveloping mist amp) = 600.6%

math is hard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terferi View Post
    When the tank is taking heavy damage I should just spam Effuse? I'm not running serpant and I don't think soothing mist does that much. I thought I had read somewhere not to spam effuse. Maybe I should get rid of mist wrap.
    yes you should be spamming effuse or vivify depending on your mana/damage pattern.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    What the hell are tanks you guys are referring to doing in Heroics that makes them die through EnvM?

EnvM w/ Mist Wrap and Soothing/Effuse is crazy good single target healing.
    it's qq man, what can you expect from cqwertur LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Think you are really underestimating the gold traits. All our gold traits are very strong.
    revival golden dragon isn't as good as dancing mist hps wise, that's why you should go for dancing mist before revival.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post

revival golden dragon isn't as good as dancing mist hps wise, that's why you should go for dancing mist before revival.

Do you have any hard numbers on this? How did you come to this conclusion. Ive seen some logs with the revival trait doing some amazing healing, especially if cast twice in these EN fights coming up. If its that much better, I will respec my artifact (hate the cost though). I know of several high end raiders that were going revival trait first.

I just want to say that I love everything about the mistweaver. After playing a priest for 12 years the MW feels great. I started mythic dungeon at ilvl 811, and cleare all the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nague View Post
    if it gets sniped then you didnt need to cast it in the first place?
    It really depends if you raid with a paladin and a holy priest, they do have equivalent heals, but instant, hence why it would be sniped.. but you can cancel it.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Would never respecc the artifact tbh, waste of precious artifact power tbh. Unless going RT I dont see dancing mist coming close to the 3-4% of total healing Revival Trait does. But please go ahead and prove me wrong. Especially for non-RT speccs.
    Last edited by mmocdf23fc3447; 2016-09-06 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwhale View Post
    I saw you guys talking about haste, Im focusing a lot on mastery right now (+340%) and I must say I like it a lot. Im playing with Mist Wrap and MT. Might not be the best but I thought it would be cool to share.
    Again, Haste is good if you talent Mana Tea, if you don't, it's then lower priority than crit.

And there is really no reason to talent Mana Tea right now, and it's obvious mastery is good in 5 man, but when you raid heal, it's less important.

---

Personally my only problem with the new toolkit is really for tank healing, when you have enveloping mist and renewing mist on the tank,and he's not going up at all, it's a bit frustrating to no longer have the spammable surging mist for THAT reason.

You then have to hope SG has a lot of stacks, LC is available or you can do EF and spam Efffuse/Vivify on the tank.

I'm starting to wonder what will be the trick in Mythic+, granted tanks will be more geared.

Then again, not much death, just scares.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2016-09-06 at 06:53 AM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Again, Haste is good if you talent Mana Tea, if you don't, it's then lower priority than crit.

And there is really no reason to talent Mana Tea right now, and it's obvious mastery is good in 5 man, but when you raid heal, it's less important.

---

Personally my only problem with the new toolkit is really for tank healing, when you have enveloping mist and renewing mist on the tank,and he's not going up at all, it's a bit frustrating to no longer have the spammable surging mist for THAT reason.

You then have to hope SG has a lot of stacks, LC is available or you can do EF and spam Efffuse/Vivify on the tank.

I'm starting to wonder what will be the trick in Mythic+, granted tanks will be more geared.

Then again, not much death, just scares.
    Surging Mist is Effuse they have the same power. With mastery single target healing is stronger then before, rem is also a stronger hot on a single target then before.. And you also have Sheilun's Gift. If sheilun's gift or life cocoon wouldnt save the tank neither would any other healer be able to. The tank healing is alot stronger in legion then it was in WOD by alot.

For 5mans not that much problem at all done, all the mythic 5mans so far, started them at 815.

Deleted
    Surging Mist is Effuse they have the same power. With mastery single target healing is stronger then before, rem is also a stronger hot on a single target then before.. And you also have Sheilun's Gift. If sheilun's gift or life cocoon wouldnt save the tank neither would any other healer be able to. The tank healing is alot stronger in legion then it was in WOD by alot.

For 5mans not that much problem at all done, all the mythic 5mans so far, started them at 815.

Came to this forum looking for advice, since my experience seems completely opposite of what you guys are saying.

To me it feels like MW is very weak, but it's probably the player's fault here. My friends keep telling me mythics are super easy to heal for them (on pala and dru) and I'm struggling on trash packs, bosses are just a sweat fest for me and everyone is constantly on <25%. I've played this game for ages, did some healing back in TBC so I don't feel like I'm a complete newb, but clearly something is not right.

I'm at ilvl834 and I BARELY managed to do 2 mythics (maw and neltharion's) both with 5+ wipes. In Violet Hold mythic I couldn't keep the tank alive on trash pulls and after 10 wipes or so the group dissolved. I do the standard (I think?) tank healing of renewing mists + enveloping mists, effuse to top off and vivify for group healing.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong ? Could really use some help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerase22 View Post
    I'm a new MW/healer and im having the exact same problem.

Then i started paying attention to what other's in my group and using my experience as tank/melee/rangedi started to watch what others are doing instead of driving myself crazy over whether my spec was right or should i be FW/MW

Turns out most of the playerbase isnt very good(gasp), melee constantly stand in cleave, tanks dont face mobs away, NOONE interupts anymore ever, people assume its the healers job to get in healing range when 2 ranged dps are on opposite sides of boss's, people cant be bothered to clear trash when its obvious they could be a problem(stupid seagulls) etc etc etc

In short ignore the people on here saying stuff liek , "heroics/mythics are easy i did them 790 ilevel", because its highly likely they did then with skilled guild mates/friends and are better coordinated and have probably been on beta or studied the fight.

At this stage of gearing none of us are optimal, but what will help you the most is finding a good tank to play with, plus as people learn fights more it'll get easier as sometimes people dont understand which add's are dangerous and you will often see 3 dps attacking 3 diff mobs which obviously can/will make your job more stressful + not knowing mechanics will often lead to trial and error(i never study before i go in)

The way your healing is fine, dont stress.

oh and 1 tip always check your trinkets, i usually have dps ones on and sometimes forget to change when i enter an instance

plus 1 more if you play only using premade check the ilevel of the group your joining, often kids with mates will make a group demanding 830+ ilevel when often they are very much below this. avoid these groups and dont be afraid to just leave a group instead of getting yourself stressed out, time is precious!
    Last edited by mmoc3152dc6ee5; 2016-09-06 at 09:57 AM.

I guess you are unlucky with the group. The tank and dps are really used to be carried by healers

Quote Originally Posted by Zerase22 View Post
    Came to this forum looking
    for advice, since my experience seems completely opposite of what you guys are saying.

To me it feels like MW is very weak, but it's probably the player's fault here. My friends keep telling me mythics are super easy to heal for them (on pala and dru) and I'm struggling on trash packs, bosses are just a sweat fest for me and everyone is constantly on <25%. I've played this game for ages, did some healing back in TBC so I don't feel like I'm a complete newb, but clearly something is not right.

I'm at ilvl834 and I BARELY managed to do 2 mythics (maw and neltharion's) both with 5+ wipes. In Violet Hold mythic I couldn't keep the tank alive on trash pulls and after 10 wipes or so the group dissolved. I do the standard (I think?) tank healing of renewing mists + enveloping mists, effuse to top off and vivify for group healing.

I don't at all doubt that mythics can be difficult with a pug. You are probably correct that the people talking about mythics being relatively easy are doing so with equally geared guild groups and are coordinating.

My personal tips for pugs, even though I've only been doing them with my guild:
    Don't pug below 820. At least make sure tank is above 820. Use cooldowns on trash, don't bother holding them for the boss. Bosses are the easy part of the dungeon if mechanics are followed, although in a pug they may be just as hard. Leg sweep is one of your best CDs. Try out zen pulse, it does a crap load of free, instant healing when there are 4 or more mobs on the tank.

I did all mythics without problems with 820 gear pugs. Not really hard... if they fail mechanics its not your fault. Its not a healer issue if boss mechanics are ignored.