Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rheeah View Post
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. Artifact knowledge is specific to each character. Alts start from scratch.

They have mentioned a longer-term catch-up mechanism that will allow alts or people who start playing later in the expansion to make up for lost time with faster artifact power acquisition. The details, including when it will be turned on and how generous it will be, have not been disclosed. 7.1 would be a natural moment to start putting in some short-cuts.
    The catch-up mechanism is already in place. The further behind the bleeding edge you are on Artifact Knowledge research, the quicker the research goes. A friend of mine who's been levelling a bit slower hit 110 last night, and his first AK research timer was 4 days, rather than the 5 it took for mine after hitting 110 on day one. Still a fairly minor reduction at this point, but the expansion has been live for less than a week, so he's not exactly all that far behind yet.

I got to 110 by completing just Stormheim, Highmontain a few prof quests and whatever was available at my class hall at any given level. There's a lot to do but you really don't have to blaze through it unless you're a hardcore raider. Which fortunately I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    if the content was really as good as you claim it is they woulnt gate good stuff behind it only let people choose - yet they chickened out and gated dungeons behind it because they were not confident enough in it. good product always defend itself alone - clearly they were afraid it was not good enough
    or you could realize that this is an rpg and to be sent on a secret mission you first need earn the trust of the people... or you just simply arent supposed to access these two dungeons right away, they do give better loot than the others afterall... or maybe they wanted suramar rep to give some more interesting rewards than recipes and gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post
    People were logging in their alts, farming resources and gold, then exit the game. Yeah.
    Logging for 2 mins per char a day isn't grind, its giving out free stuff.

There has been no grinding in WoW since TBC/WOTLK. It took way too long for it to come back, you either deal with it or leave. It's for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Okay but... within a month, or even less It will still be the exact same dailies you're doing over and over. No matter how many of them there are, there will always be one and the same repetative dailies.

Argent Tournemant had a few dailies that Interchanged, still made them repetative and samey, were still fun to do actually, as not all of them were "Go kill 20 bears"

But to what the original maker of the post Is saying - yes, It's kinda grindy. An MMO will always have that, but the question Is Is it grindy In a repatative way, or are the game mechanis, your abilites and killing mobs fun enough for you to not mind the repetative nature of the dailies? The dailies themselves are half the problem, the other half Is wether your class/abilities/the game Itself Is fun to play for you to enjoy It all together in a neat package.

And I enjoyed the Tournament dailies myself, my class felt great, I wasn't too OP, It was back then stuff was hardcore, not today's casual bad wow.

Besides, Legion has shown to have many problems so far, like the fact you can get stuck at lvl 107 or 109 and have nowhere to really go. OTher then randomly wander the world and find quests on your own. Many people did each of the 4 zones, the dungeons associated with them, and got stuck below 110, I got stuck at 109 myself, having done pet battles too, mining, every single chapter In each zone and even a few side-quests and "Bonus" area quests, and still got stuck at exactly 109 with nowhere to go to get 110, you might think Suramar. But It doesn't scale with level for some reason. That's one major thing bugging man people

Because from that you deduce Blizzard -makes- you do every, single, little, quest and bonus quest just to ding 110, not like In WoD (Whilst being a bad expansion later on, wasn't a bad leveling experience or story), as If you just did the chapters per zone, all of them. Up until Nagrand, you'd already ding In Spires of Arak to level 100, and go to Nagrand overleveled sort of. As the area Is 88-100, which wasn't a bad thing, at least you didn't have to grind as much, you just enjoyed the story, went from place to place, enjoyed It all and then "Hey, I'm 110!"

And now In Legion, we'd do the same. BUt now It's like "All zones done, time to go to Suramar... but hey, I'm 108 for some reason, wtf?"

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, guys like that don't understand If we play the game, we are able, and should critisize It like nobody else can because we -want- It to Improve. I've played since VAnila, almost 12 years now, so yes I'm bloody likely to criticize a lot of what the game does and justifiebly so.
    My point was that it's not the exact same quest every single day. At most, you'll get 1 or 2 of the same WQs a couple of times a week. But at that point, it's just RNG. And if you think they're all "go kill 20 bears" , then you're missing out some of them. Such as "Life will Find a Way".

If you didn't hit 110 in the 4th zone following all of the quests that you pick up in each location that you're sent to, then you were missing things. I was skipping quests and I hit 110 about halfway through the 4th zone. It's your fault if you missed them, not the game's.

And there's a difference between being critical about something and just plain ol' complaining. Don't go blaming the game for your own problems and misunderstandings.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-09-05 at 06:41 PM.

Yeah it feels like there are quite a few endless grinds around - honor prestige, world quests, artifact power etc. Certainly feels more grindy than any other previous expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fathr View Post
    I think you should read up on Artifacts their power and a little thing called Artifact knowledge. Right now it may seem grindy, but over the course of the game you will get higher AP due to AK stacking. Right now people seem to think that they should be at 100% artifact, when that is not the case, and that includes mythic raiding. What people fail to see is that trimming and pruning of abilities is an absolute necessity, as you cannot keep pileing abilities onto classes that have way too many as is. Right now Blizzard have hit a solid spot between abilities necesary to get the job done. Next expansion you'll get some abilities aswell, some older that have changed or spiced up. It's all fine as long as the game is in a solid spot gameplay wise. The expansion is new, so take a chill pill, the first raid aint even out yet, and already people are getting ulcers from trying to be ahead of the curve. Guess what will happen they one's who have no life will breeze through normal and clear heroics quite fast, and then start on mythics.
    Enjoy the game it's what it is there for. Rushing it will only result in burn out or whineing about now you've run out of content, as you felt it necessary to rush and then end up having to grind.
    Let's say you did all the zone quests. Did every dailies once, since doing a daily once doesn't mean that it's daily to you. Did all the class hall quests. Did all the heroics. Did your artifact quests. What's left? Chasing rares, finding treasures, farming artifact power and farming honor points. So, the real content runs out quickly. By quick, I don't mean quick. By quick, I mean that it takes 1-3 weeks to do those. Hell, some people even finished them all under 7 days, but forget them.

In 15 days, the PvP season starts. People will want to get to lvl 50 as fast as they can. Meanwhile, they need their artifact talents too. Extra grinding for the PvPers.

The people who'll top the charts will be the ones who grinded. So, after you enjoyed the leveling, you have to rush about getting artifact power. Plus honor points if you're a PvPer. Even WoD wasn't like this. Wait, I immediately regretted that. Both are grindy in their own way imo.

Even if you don't rush, you have to be playing constantly. That playing will only serve to your main. You'll have time to deal with your alts after months.

Artifacts are trap, with them blizzard can make endless grind to not fall behind you have to grind everyday. RIP alts and PvP

It really feels like Blizzard is trying to make the game feel less addicting, while maintaining the quality.

Its gonna be really funny when you grind an artifact for a month only to have the spec get nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Its gonna be really funny when you grind an artifact for a month only to have the spec get nerfed
    i knwo its sarcasm but jezus it will be nightmare for some people when they will relaise weeks of grind went into shit and they are stuck in subpar spec.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i knwo its sarcasm but jezus it will be nightmare for some people when they will relaise weeks of grind went into shit and they are stuck in subpar spec.
    It's not sarcasm, in glad my class is low on the simcraft list because blizzard tends to over buff and over nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're trying to get to maximum AP as soon as possible, yes, it's a massive grind. But I think their design intent was for people to have to wait for more Artifact Knowledge to progress through later ranks, not grind Heroic dungeons like a madman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    It really feels like Blizzard is trying to make the game feel less addicting, while maintaining the quality.
    Quests and zones probably feels, since I didn't play yet, I can't comment for sure, but gaining artifact power and honor points doesn't look to be addicting. They look boring after a while. Repetition is not quality.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll never understand why grind is such a dirty word now.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Looking at everything that Legion has so far as something you have to do will make it look like a gigantic mountain that will take you forever to climb to the top of. Just do it as you feel the need. There's just no reason to sit in town anymore. I hop in, sell shit, leave. Same with my order hall, check in every few hours while doing WQs and move on. Currently sitting at ilvl 845, class hall complete, Suramar all caught up, Mythics done for the week (twice over to help guildies) and I still have TONS of things I could be doing, yet I don't really feel forced into it. There's just actually shit to do now more so than ever before. It's nice if you look at it as something to do rather than a chore.

Last night I even sat in a group for 7 hours (with a few breaks) just speed farming heroic dungeons at the chance of a legendary drop. The AP is nice, the chance at titanforged is nice, and the dungeons are still new so it doesn't feel too bad yet, I'm sure if I keep it up for a few weeks I'll hate it.

The Diablo player in me is very, very happy so far
    Last edited by Boathouse; 2016-09-06 at 08:00 AM.
    Bleh

Deleted
    Well, reputations feed grindy because the progress is not that fast, especially in Suramar - at least when you only have a couple of hours to do some world quests. Travelling eats up much of the time, as I have expected. With flying, we would have a better ratio of questing time to travel time, but some people at Blizzard seem not to like that. Stupid gating...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I think what's happening is that the game had been becoming easier and easier with each expansion for such a long time and that it suddenly got a bit harder. Because of the constant decline in "grinding" it feels like it's all of a sudden too much now that it went a bit up.
    It not "harder" if you waste your time with pointless travel. Exploring your way to an objective is only a "challenge" at the first time, probably some times afterwards if you have a bad memory. I have a good spacial memory, and for me, such things become dull very fast. Thus, the game turns into grind faster and faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    [SNIP] The Diablo player in me is very, very happy so far
    I hate Diablo with passion now (while D1 & D2 have been long time favorites of mine), because I hate the RNG upgrade lottery. Just another timesink.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Because it's a cheap way to waste people's time instead of making some effort in designing interesting content.

Feels like the most grindy expansion ever for wow. I really think this is the beginning of the big sleep for me. The profession grinding for alts is what I feel is going to suck the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================