10+ Year Old Account
    Went 6-4 in placements and got 2343sr, gold tier. Currently at 2373. Going to push for platinum/2500sr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Personally I feel it would be more fair if the losing team only lost points if the leaver was in their party. Would prevent abuse and stop people from getting shafted because someone decided to AFK half way though a match.
    The issue is that there's no "easy" solution.

Just end the match if there's a leaver? Everyone's wasted time, everyone's annoyed.
    Your suggestion, losing team with a leaver loses no points? For anyone queueing with a friend, that's a way to "save" both of your ranks by having one of you leave a losing match; the one who left will have to wait out the cooldown, but you can trade off on doing that, and neither of you lose rank.
    Leaver loses rank? Punishes legitimate DCs.

There's just no "easy", totally right answer. I think the current system is probably the best it could be, but I'd like to see them scale up the penalties on repeat leavers. More than a handful of leaves should seriously put you at risk of being banned from competitive for the entire season. And potentially eventually resulting in a flat-out account ban, the same way using an aimbot would, or spamming racial epithets constantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Just end the match if there's a leaver? Everyone's wasted time, everyone's annoyed.
    Your suggestion, losing team with a leaver loses no points? For anyone queueing with a friend, that's a way to "save" both of your ranks by having one of you leave a losing match; the one who left will have to wait out the cooldown, but you can trade off on doing that, and neither of you lose rank.
    Leaver loses rank? Punishes legitimate DCs.
    First few times you leave a match in progress, no penalty (DC's, actual emergencies, etc. don't get punished).
    After 5 or whatever arbitrary number Blizzard chooses, pentalties rapidly go up from counting as a normal loss to being banned from comp play with all the points you gained this season being removed. If you're grouped with others, they gain half a strike.
    Could implement a grace period where if you don't leave a match for 1 month, you'll start going down the penalties again, as long as you didn't get banned from comp play.

Fairly simple, shouldn't hit anyone by accident, and will remove repeat trouble makers.

More than a handful of leaves should seriously put you at risk of being banned from competitive for the entire season. And potentially eventually resulting in a flat-out account ban, the same way using an aimbot would, or spamming racial epithets constantly.
    I disagree with a full on ban for leaving comp matches. Removing them from comp for the season? Yes. Temporary suspension of their account? Maybe, if they do it for repeated seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I disagree with a full on ban for leaving comp matches. Removing them from comp for the season? Yes. Temporary suspension of their account? Maybe, if they do it for repeated seasons.
    Obviously, a season ban would come first, so the account ban would only have a chance of occurring if you kept that behaviour up in the next season, too. At that point, you're a detriment to the other players, the same way you would be if you were abusive or cheating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously, a season ban would come first, so the account ban would only have a chance of occurring if you kept that behaviour up in the next season, too. At that point, you're a detriment to the other players, the same way you would be if you were abusive or cheating.
    But what if they only do it in competitive matches? Banning them completely for that would be a bit extreme, you can just ban them from comp matches

10+ Year Old Account
    But what if they only do it in competitive matches? Banning them completely for that would be a bit extreme, you can just ban them from comp matches
    What if they only aimbotted in competitive matches?

Same argument, really.

Deleted
    Met a "Bastion main" during Placement matches, god I hope your in Bronze you fucking scrub.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if they only aimbotted in competitive matches?

Same argument, really.
    It's rather different. An Aimbot is very, VERY directly against the ToS, whereas leaving is not. Leaving is merely discouraged.

15+ Year Old Account
    For anyone queueing with a friend, that's a way to "save" both of your ranks by having one of you leave a losing match;
    Read what I wrote again, I specifically stated that it only spares you rank loss if you were not queued with the leaver, if you're in a party with them you also suffer rank loss.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    i think their matchmaking is broken or something

my rank highest was 65 last season ending at 64

placement i lost 2 games and won 5

last 3 games i get placed against premade top 500 players from last season.
    my whole team is average rank ~65 while whole enemy team is rank 79-81+

we got stomped and then i get placed in low silver (os it it plat? i can't tell).. it's fucking retarded <.<
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2016-09-05 at 10:12 PM.

kind of amazed I placed gold (2250) with the shit show I had trying to place.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This season is the worst. Last season I had a 55+ win %, almost hit 60. This season I almost have a 30% winrate and keep having shit head teammates. I've never hated the game more.
    BAD WOLF

Doing great with Widowmaker!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    This season is the worst. Last season I had a 55+ win %, almost hit 60. This season I almost have a 30% winrate and keep having shit head teammates. I've never hated the game more.
    Hahaha it feels like reading my own posts about first season

I've yet to start. I plan to do placements with a firend or two this time. Everyone agrees that giving a Symmetra to me is cheating.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Sounds like the game placed you too high and you're dropping down to where you belong to me. That said, I don't know where you placed, or were last season.

Sounds like the game placed you too high and you're dropping down to where you belong to me. That said, I don't know where you placed, or were last season.
    yeah, last season was basically decided by placement matches which were terribly unbalanced if not completely random. If this season i manage to have nice games after placements and not the crap i got last time (though i played only until before the hotfixes) i'm going to have a really nice time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    yeah, last season was basically decided by placement matches which were terribly unbalanced if not completely random. If this season i manage to have nice games after placements and not the crap i got last time (though i played only until before the hotfixes) i'm going to have a really nice time.
    So far my few placement matches have been a stomp one way or the other, so not particularly enjoyable.

67% win rate the end of S1.
    Currently rocking a 42% win rate S2. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I went 6-4 in S1 started with a 60.
    I went 3-7 in S2 and got a 2380.

Going to be a long grind getting myself back to where I was S1.

So far my few placement matches have been a stomp one way or the other, so not particularly enjoyable.
    At least they haven't been all stomps against you like it happened to me. People leaving, no tank/healer or both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    67% win rate the end of S1.
    Currently rocking a 42% win rate S2. Fun times.

I went 6-4 in S1 started with a 60.
    I went 3-7 in S2 and got a 2380.

Going to be a long grind getting myself back to where I was S1.
    Point is, it's not a grind. You have to win sensibly more than you lose to rank up. The optimal situation happens when everyone moves a little but doesn't sensibly rank up or down. This means that everyone is ranked correctly. It's not a progression system.

EDIT: if you're ranked clearly below your skill, you should be able to rank up by winning a lot.