Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    well i enjoyed the questing, but i wount enjoy it on my next character, thats basicly the only reason i havent lvled an alt. becouse you cant dungeon grind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Legion is all about questing. If you don't do the quests, you can't do anything. The game forces you to complete nearly every quest in the zone. And its worse at endgame when something like "world quests" is a thing.

All of the zones to me are terrible because they're not original. I feel like since Cataclysm, all of the zones created have been created with making the questing as smooth as possible rather than being made originally without the quests in mind.

I much rather have zones just have random sporadic quests randomly thrown everywhere instead of the boring lifeless hub based system we've had since wrath. And there should be less quests and more of just killing mobs where in some areas require groups of people for more exp.

I'm overall just tired of the direction Blizzard has taken the leveling process in the game. There's just way too much bloat of quests/NPC's talking/Scenarios where its feels more like a Call of Duty Campaign instead of a RPG game. The zones in legion hardly feel connected either because the storytelling is all over the place because the devs feel the need to have to represent every boring piece of the lore as possible.

It's lame.
    No one is forcing you to do anything. If you don't want to quest then don't. Or better yet, instead of having a fat cry, quit the game and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Uhh, no. Not at all. I've played since vanilla, and never once has questing helped me improve on my ability to play a toon. The only way it help me, is by getting me to max level, which is fuckin arbitrary, the need to keep increasing level cap anymore is silly. Add new areas, new quest hubs, new lore, new factions and rep, but make them mostly optional. Those who wish to participate in that part of the game can, and those of us who prefer not to can enjoy the game our way. Do you know how to improve yourself? You go somewhere challenging, and try. Like UBRS back in the day, learned to kite with my hunter. BC heroics were great to learn to tank and CC.

Quest mobs... yeah.. spam a few buttons until shits dead and move on to the next, much fun, such challenge, wow, lrearning!
    I've played since vanilla too, and levelling is learning your class even spamming random button

Because in the end you will go to icy veins, copy cat the rotation and gg - so therefore you are not learning a fuck.

I legitmatley hated the forced questing in this game the most when I was going through Helheim. It is hands down the worst questing area in WoW and the people responsible should never have anything to do with developing WoW again.

All of the zones to me are terrible because they're not original.
    False. Their is a high mountain thing where they are getting their little village overrun. Fine. Kill X, gather Y. Right. Move up a little and kill X, go to cave kill X and kill Y. The NPCs "advance" and now, the obvious, kill the named Z, move up a little and BOOM they pop out and fuck your NPCs up and your named NPC buddy is impaled through the chest by a stone fucking spike. oh shit, quest update is basically "gtfo" and so you leave and I don't know what after that, I got my rep and left.

Otherwise, I agree with everything. I fucking hate questing and since I mostly just PVP, this expansion is kinda shit so far. I liked the idea of some things, i love the PVP grind for titles and shit. I'm ok with all that, but I hate that as a primary PVPer that I do indeed have to quest and quest and quest.

I want my money back.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Weirdos...
    I bet there are more players interested in questing and enjoy that side of the game than pvp and raiding combined.

Who is weirder, the people that enjoy a game for it's immersive experience or kids that like to gank lowbies or grind the same raid 100's of times.
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by pkhs View Post
    I legitmatley hated the forced questing in this game the most when I was going through Helheim. It is hands down the worst questing area in WoW and the people responsible should never have anything to do with developing WoW again.
    This is the problem with the Legion zones. No choice.

Questing is the backbone of WoW. It's also my favorite part of the game. It's hilarious the number of things that are "forced" according to forum trolls, yet none of it is required. The requirement to open MORE QUESTS is to do quests? MADNESS!!! Lol stupid post.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame Blizzard can't balance anything

It's like they noticed people thought WoD had not enough world content (something they actually fixed with Tanaan, pity it wasn't in at launch), so they moved the world content lever over to the "extra content" position, then to the "inundated with content" position, then finally to the "content makes dungeons redundant" position...

Deleted
    Questing was OK and it's not that big of an issue to need to do the main quests in the zones in order to finish up your class quests. Takes a bit of time and it's not necessarily something enjoy but that's life. The annoying part comes when you make an alt and need to do those bits again in order to unlock world quests but that's life.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't remember the last time I really enjoyed playing WoW like this. Legion awesome so far and I really hope they keep it up.

As for questing this was always the main way to level, even though you can farm other things (herbs, minerals, pets, pvp and dungeon).

If it's not for questing what your suggestion? Mindless grinding boars? Quests are like all other mechanics but they actually tell you what to do and what's going on, much more interesting in my opinion.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You should unsub and tell blizzard how mad you are.
    Yes, please unsub and gtfo out of here. Blizzard does not care about subscriber numbers anymore either way so your demands fall on deaf ears, especially on MMO-Champ. You guys are acting like a bunch of 3 year olds. THREE YEARS OLD. Throwing tantrums and mommy and daddy give you what you want. That's how ridiculous and laughable you guys look.

(not towards you, Jtbrig7390, but to the person you quoted).
    Last edited by Gaebryel Quintyne; 2016-09-06 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    Yes, please unsub and gtfo out of here. Blizzard does not care about subscriber numbers anymore either way so your demands fall on deaf ears, especially on MMO-Champ. You guys are acting like a bunch of 3 year olds. THREE YEARS OLD. Throwing tantrums and mommy and daddy give you what you want. That's how ridiculous and laughable you guys look.

(not towards you, Jtbrig7390, but to the person you quoted).
    You are completely delusional. There is a big difference between not disclosing sub numbers because they no longer make you look good and "not caring" about the size of a revenue stream. One person cancelling their sub, is not a tantrum and if enough do it, Blizzard pays attention or are you forgetting "no more flying ever" to pathfinder in under 2 weeks?

Telling people who choose to inform BUSINESSES that they find their product unacceptable in some way or another and will therefore cease being a customer, is not "throwing a tantrum" it is being a smart consumer. There is no guarantee that enough people feel the same way as you or in the case of WoW are willing to give up their addiction to cause a change in behavior on the part of the business, but there is one thing that is certain - if there is no financial penalty to a business for any particular decision or behavior, they are very unlikely to change it.

Been gone from WoW for 18 months and am had a lot of fun over the weekend playing different toons and doing the quests.

I might actually try to squeeze in some time to play again. I need to win the lotto and retire from working all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradingus View Post
    Then move on. The game is obviously not for you, or at least not anymore, especially considering how needlessly negative you're being about every single one of your points.

Not to mention, there are random quests that you can only find by wandering around or exploring. Did you even play the expansion?
    I'm assuming you made multiple similar posts to his when it concerned Warlords of Draenor.

Only thing I hate so far is the damn wretched training scenario - being resto main and elemental off, its simply brutal and unfun.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is all about questing. If you don't do the quests, you can't do anything. The game forces you to complete nearly every quest in the zone.

All of the zones to me are terrible because they're not original.

I'm overall just tired of the direction Blizzard has taken the leveling process in the game.

It's lame.
    Last I checked, no one is forcing you to play a game in which the gameplay bothers you so much you feel the need to come the MMO forums and cry about it. You can simply unsub, uninstall, and move on with your life.

Just like people, companies and the games they develop change over time. Your tastes are clearly not in line with what WoW has become. Perhaps you'd be better off with one of the top mobile games you can find on your mobile device's platform store?

Was it better to do the same dull dailys every day? Was it better to grind mobs for hours?
    I like this new world quest system and the various rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Questing is the backbone of WoW. It's also my favorite part of the game. It's hilarious the number of things that are "forced" according to forum trolls, yet none of it is required. The requirement to open MORE QUESTS is to do quests? MADNESS!!! Lol stupid post.
    Questing isn't the backbone of the game. In older expansions like Wotlk you didn't need to complete nearly every quest in every zone to get to max level. Getting Loremaster was actually reserved for people that either enjoyed the lore or where ocd about completing every quest.

Now ever since around MoP they've slowly moved to this model where you have to complete every quest in the zone, watch all of the boring NPC's RP talking and do all of the single player scenarios. Legion is the worst in this regard, you have to do every quest in the major hubs or else you're not progressing your character.

It may be fun the first or okay the second time but just wait until 6 months down the line when you want to play another class and you have to do it all again. It's extremely lame, there's no fast way to just grind a bunch of dungeons or spam bonus objectives because even they did nerf the exp requirement to get to 110, you still have to complete the zones to collect the 5 artifacts.

The worst part about Legion for me with regards to endgame is that the PvE aspect of the game is 100% forced on PvP players.

I don't like how I have to use a baseball bat and glove when I play baseball. I'm going to go complain on baseball forums about it.