Returning to shaman after not playing for years. Some questions for fellow shamans :)

Hey there,

I quit back at the end of MoP and skipped WoD. Now Legion is drawing me back in.
    I always was an elemental main, but seeing current balance issues and the fact that the guild I will be joining has an elemental already, i shall roll enhancement. I need to get my skill back up to mythic levels :P

Is enhancement decent to pick up after being away for so long? Do you advise to use the level 100 boost or do level 90-100 as well?
    Where can I find the best guides to learn the spec for raiding? There used to be totemspot and such websites. What are the best current sources?

Also which addons are an absolute must for enhancement? I saw some weakauras and tellmewhen addons. What's best?

Any help/tips are appreciated guys!

PS I have seen a big discussion thread on the forums which I will be using as well, but I always like multiple sources ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaen View Post
    Hey there,

I quit back at the end of MoP and skipped WoD. Now Legion is drawing me back in.
    I always was an elemental main, but seeing current balance issues and the fact that the guild I will be joining has an elemental already, i shall roll enhancement. I need to get my skill back up to mythic levels :P

Is enhancement decent to pick up after being away for so long? Do you advise to use the level 100 boost or do level 90-100 as well?
    Where can I find the best guides to learn the spec for raiding? There used to be totemspot and such websites. What are the best current sources?

Also which addons are an absolute must for enhancement? I saw some weakauras and tellmewhen addons. What's best?

Any help/tips are appreciated guys!

PS I have seen a big discussion thread on the forums which I will be using as well, but I always like multiple sources ^^
    Enh is really decent in legion
    its your personal preference if you want to skip stright to legion, atm there is no point in doing wod anyway beside achievements and some lore flavor but that you can do later
    Icy Veins enh guide is really good place to read about rotations, talent choices, relic talents and so on, it helped ma a lot
    in weak auras you can set up virtually anything you could need but any addon that will show you what you need will do i suppose

some quick advice's i can give you for start
    -its good to do each zone till you get friendly with every faction while leveling and then go for full zones cleanup (it give access to world quests at lvl 110 which give good starting gear and a lot of artifact power)
    -remember to do class hall quests every 2-3 lvls, it may take some time but there is one quest in chain with followers that may take 4x 4-16 hours, and its need to open third relic slot so its good to have asap
    -have fun plaing & GL
    Last edited by kosajk; 2016-09-06 at 09:38 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

thanks for the solid advice my friend

Enhancement is pretty good in PVE, and not bad in PVP.

It's the last true hybrid class left in the game.

Grab Icehud, it has a built in Maelstrom bar with Numeric Tally as well as being a great package for focusing on Gameplay and not buffs/etc.

90-100 will go by fast if you have money and garrison resources to blow on the experience potions, use them when you start a dungeon to get 500% exp bonus. If you hated WoD then why are you bothering, use the boost it should have a trial built into it so you don't have to commit to it