Withered army guide

Anyone know of a MAGE guide for this...FML i cannot get through to the 3rd room..I just get pwnd in seconds...only manged to get 2 boxes from this so far.

OFC i never get any upgrades for my army
    OFC i have 2k mana to buy 12 or what ever withered...

sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking it slow does it for me (with the 20 at start), but it seems it's a certain loss as soon as the stealthed boss comes out. We don't have enough dps to kill him before either you yourself dies, or he kills a significant portion of the withered army. As everything it seems, you have to be a geared melee or tank to do well, healers and casters have a hard time in the scenario. I'm just trying to get a single chest per run for the moment, maybe after a while the withered will be strong enough to kill the bosses fast enough

Deleted
    I have not done it on my mage yet (109) and have completed it on my DK 3 times so far, with 1 time being unholy. I have done it abit on beta - and here is what I am going to do when I ding 110. I helped my brother last night with tips - and my guesstimates for the "Berserker followers" were correct there. We also discovered he as a combat rogue can essensitially kite the bosses around in a circle with Pistol shot (slow), making it possible for him to complete the scenario with even 1 withered left after Dro.

The first time you enter the scenario with 8 followers (You don't use any mana). You most likely need to be Fire for this, to be able to stop the Explosion of the arcane dudes (With Dragon Breath). I will clear towards where Leywalker Dro spawns slowly, pulling very very patiently. When you get 11 withered, open the first door you encounter (not the berserker door, but the next). Inside here is 2 withered (well 3), and a miniboss. From what I remember seeing on beta, this mob can be sheeped (Can't confirm yet). Otherwise Frost can kite it for ages in a circle, win win (can be slowed).

Behind it is a chest, which takes 10 withered to open and has a Berserker in it, which is basicly a tank - and required in low gear to kill Leystalker Dro without loosing all your army.

After I have gotten this, I will try to go as far as I can and encounter Dro without taking any withered - you can kite Dro (and he will stop charging when you have 1 withered left) - a frost spec will be good for this. He can be killed (but it will take you ages). Afterwards, you should have 1 withered remaining. Take all withered possible (behind you, behind dro's door, and after dro). This should give you more than 10, enabling you to open 3 doors (2 has minibosses). Skip these for now (the spider room you can take some withered). Build your army up to the highest number without battling more bosses, then take on a boss of your choice. It is btw possible to skip elfbreaker in the end. And the red spider boss can be kited in a circle so yeah.

I can condense this into a easier to do form if things is unclear. Anyway with 8 followers it should be more than possible to clear the entire thing (but will take ages) so yeah. With 2k mana you get 20 as a start, and with that + a Berserker for Dro - you should be able to hammer through the scenario no problem if you are able to control the mobs well.

Disclaimer: You have to try really hard compared to tanks. Thats just how it is.

PS: The Berserkers chest are 2x 10 withered chest (Glimmering?) after the Dryad/Kentaur w/e miniboss close to start, and in the room with a TON of small spiders.

PS: The starcaller (think this is the one) which enables you to see hidden chest, are behind the arcane elemetal boss as far as I remember.

PS: In the big tree room (close to start, where you can take a staircase below) in one of the side rooms there is a Treasure chest (5 withered) which gives you 25% more dmg or hp to your followers. Can't remember which.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    Taking it slow does it for me (with the 20 at start), but it seems it's a certain loss as soon as the stealthed boss comes out. We don't have enough dps to kill him before either you yourself dies, or he kills a significant portion of the withered army. As everything it seems, you have to be a geared melee or tank to do well, healers and casters have a hard time in the scenario. I'm just trying to get a single chest per run for the moment, maybe after a while the withered will be strong enough to kill the bosses fast enough
    Its very tough against dro (stealth boss) if you don't have 25+ withered + a berserker to kill him in seconds as a DPS. The easiest Berserker to get can be found in my PS above!
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2016-09-06 at 09:27 AM.

I went in the second time with my 843 mage today (got 25% HP in my first run and then got shredded away by Dro, because I didn't know he existed) and got 2 x 10 Withered chests and 3 x 5 Withered chests.
    It's not really hard with 20 withered, just allways stand in front of them, so the enemies won't knock them back and then either deal enough damage so you won't get that much in return, or cc everything with Dragon's Breath and Frostnova.
    You're not the one doing the damage, remember that, so just try to get the aggro from all the mobs and kite them around and make use of Cauterizing Blink (especially against Dro).
    I don't know if it is the best method, but I just cleared everything and then went back to get all the chests I encountered.

Edit: wrote wod Itemlevels ;(
    Last edited by NeykHunter; 2016-09-06 at 09:27 AM.

Thanks for the tips and explainers.

Seems like an awful lot of mana farming to get killed to hopefully get 400 rep.....Is this about right the amount we get?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Noobles View Post
    Thanks for the tips and explainers.

Seems like an awful lot of mana farming to get killed to hopefully get 400 rep.....Is this about right the amount we get?

Thanks
    425 rep is the cap you get each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.