Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    Can't help but ask, but do you actually need to play 5-9 hours a day?
    you do if you goal is to play on decent level and you dont want to be refused content in few weeks/months due to underdeveloped artifct weapon - as long as you want to do content on decent level - if you are happpy with lfr/hc dungeons then nah you dont and can chill

Quote Originally Posted by loktark View Post
    Only if you want to do literally every world quest including the pvp ones..
    pvp ones give you 250 AP AND honor for honor ranks from compelting it - there is no reason to skip them as its free honor on high population pve realms this way you can get your pvp skin for artfact without messing with bg/arenas at all

+ whats more important pvp gear from those quests can proc too - seen yesterday somebody geting 845 belt from it
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-09-06 at 06:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to the forum behavior, Legion is overwhelming. WoD had complaints about lack of content, and oddly enough, I see complaints for Legion about too much content. I'm confused. Though, Legion feels better at the questing, not too easy but still smooth in the 'handling'. And well, I enjoy the landscapes, and dungeons. I can in my opinion, believe that Legion contains a lot of lessons from Warlords of Draenor, a lot of things they have adjusted on.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Great expansion so far. Still got lots to do and been 110 few days and havent even touched suramar because had quest out other zones first and just finished them yesterday. Havent been able to do any world quest. Prof quest also lots of fun and orderhall is fun to.

Cut scenes are touchy in the zonds and wherr awsome and story so far good. First time I read them all so far.

Love the weapon quests that I have done so far, really makes you feel like a bad ass even on alt characters. Done protection paladin and ret, as well as feral, tank demo hunter, pirate rogue and warlock distruction. Best class hall so far that I like is paladin, but rogue I found nice as well, even for being were it is.

About the same with more dumbed down specs.

Deleted
    Overall the same quality but without the retarded garrison nonsense. It still has a mission table but it's very mild compared to WoD's.

Where it'll hopefully shine is in the longer term as we're promised more content, and there'll be much more stuff worth doing with Mythic+ whereas in WoD you ran out of meaningful daytime gameplay after like a week of being level 100. That's what'll carry Legion, the rest of the expansion isn't particularly an improvement in general quality. It actually feels a lot less polished, I keep running into little bugs with mobs that evade ten feet from their spawn point or get stuck inside the world geometry.

However, I really think the pruning was over the top and has taken the mechanical aspect of the game a considerable step backwards. I also hate artifact weapons, it's a cheap trick to impress the uncritical masses who don't consider how lame it'll be in the long run when everybody has the same weapon and you literally never get a new weapon again. The novelty will wear off in a month.

Also, the extreme penalty for changing specs will become a huge issue in the future, as will the severe alt-unfriendliness. This'll cause a lot of people to quit as they discover that they've wasted months upgrading the artifact for a spec or class that they don't want to play for one reason or another. WoW is kind of a fragile game these days, it doesn't take a whole lot for people to quit. Something like this will absolutely cost the game players, it's definitely going to be the #1 cited reason for people leaving the game.

At the end of the day, none of Legion's problems compare to WoD's disastrous failure to provide any reason to even log in as soon as you no longer needed blue gear from heroics. As soon as I finished that, which took a week total including leveling, there was nothing to log in for besides raiding, which causes rapid detachment from the game and then you lose interest.
    Last edited by mmocc9bca2205f; 2016-09-06 at 08:48 AM.

Deleted
    Worse because Wod atleast used new content but now in legion they are re-using the old content once more again. Illidan comes back, Karazhan comes back XDD, Guldan two expansions in a row.

It's ridiculous to see how bad can they manage the game these days, the little bit of content they release, it's half old expansion content revamped.

Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    Overall the same quality but without the retarded garrison nonsense. It still has a mission table but it's very mild compared to WoD's
    i would really like to see what difference you see between garison mission table and legion mission table - you still have follwoers that you need to got to epic quality , you still need to upgrade their gear , you have implemented troops which are nothing else buy shipyard incorporated into mission table

the onlydifferene i see is you have to click less times when sending mission - such an amazing difference its almost mindblowing

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    It actually makes sense (for the most part)
    This game still has lore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    feels like a new game. i enjoy every tiny bit of it.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dwarf View Post
    It seems to be the general consensus that WoD was lacking in content, and that the ending was botched. Does Legion improve on WoD at all, or is it more of the same? How are you liking it? I'm just wondering because I'm on the fence over resubbing or not.
    It's a bit of apples and oranges, I.E Legion has more world content to do at max level like daily quests with cool rewards/etc, however the trade off for that is that they kinda make non mythic dungeons redundant. So it really depends what aspects of the game you like most that will dictate if you prefer it to WoD or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i would really like to see what difference you see between garison mission table and legion mission table
    Only difference I see is that you have less followers and get less missions, so same shit just less of it (which is good as it wastes less of your time).

Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    Overall the same quality but without the retarded garrison nonsense. It still has a mission table but it's very mild compared to WoD's.

Where it'll hopefully shine is in the longer term as we're promised more content, and there'll be much more stuff worth doing with Mythic+ whereas in WoD you ran out of meaningful daytime gameplay after like a week of being level 100. That's what'll carry Legion, the rest of the expansion isn't particularly an improvement in general quality. It actually feels a lot less polished, I keep running into little bugs with mobs that evade ten feet from their spawn point or get stuck inside the world geometry.

However, I really think the pruning was over the top and has taken the mechanical aspect of the game a considerable step backwards. I also hate artifact weapons, it's a cheap trick to impress the uncritical masses who don't consider how lame it'll be in the long run when everybody has the same weapon and you literally never get a new weapon again. The novelty will wear off in a month.

Also, the extreme penalty for changing specs will become a huge issue in the future, as will the severe alt-unfriendliness. This'll cause a lot of people to quit as they discover that they've wasted months upgrading the artifact for a spec or class that they don't want to play for one reason or another. WoW is kind of a fragile game these days, it doesn't take a whole lot for people to quit. Something like this will absolutely cost the game players, it's definitely going to be the #1 cited reason for people leaving the game.

At the end of the day, none of Legion's problems compare to WoD's disastrous failure to provide any reason to even log in as soon as you no longer needed blue gear from heroics. As soon as I finished that, which took a week total including leveling, there was nothing to log in for besides raiding, which causes rapid detachment from the game and then you lose interest.
    This is the most reasonable take thus far.

What is the content beyond patch 7.2?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ffs how can u compare them now?!?! we need to see the ending.. we don't know even how many patches there will be and what content awaits us.

Deleted
    world quests
    a rewarding grind that can potentially never end

wod was okay at the start too, but then 2 tiers happened

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    ffs how can u compare them now?!?! we need to see the ending.. we don't know even how many patches there will be and what content awaits us.
    You can compare the first week of WoD to the first week of Legion...

So far they're off to an amazing start. I haven't enjoyed pre-raiding content this much... ever, I've played since Vanilla for some reference The only criticism I have so far is the Mythic dungeons quickly become a bit too easy, was kind of hoping for something slightly harder, although that's where the keystones come in I guess!

The lore is great and while leveling you're constantly engaged with cut-scenes and cinematics. Once you reach 110 you're bombarded with world quests with more than relevant loot along with a seemingly endless adventure through Saramar, which provides rich lore and TONS of artifact power.

All in all it's great so far, I'd recommend renewing your sub and testing it out. WOD is literally no comparison so far, we shall see over the next 12 months though, hopefully Blizzard can keep this quality up.

I'm to the point now (4 days /played at 110) that I have nothing to do but sign on a few times a day, do the world quests that offer AP/Gear, and sign off. With 840+ ilevel it takes next to no time to finish them all. I think this expansion will suffer many of the same complaints as WoD as soon as the masses reach this point. Though it is a significant improvement overall.

After you catch up Suramar, 8/8 Mythics, do your profession quests, clean up the rest of the zones, etc. There isn't anything to do but wait for more world quests to pop, which basically means logging off for a few hours. Farming heroics for AP? It'll take roughly 200-500 randoms to get my next rank depending on boss drops. You are so time gated behind waiting for AK levels after reaching your second gold trait that even AP WQ aren't worth doing (minus emissary/warden/nightfallen ones for rep). At rank 19, it takes hundreds of them to get my next perk, so it's best just to wait for AK levels.

In the mean time, there's not much for me to do. Mythic dungeons have a weekly lockout. Everything else is time gated. Mythic+/Raids aren't open yet. Not appealing to do hundreds of WQs for a single rank.

TL:TR - Take your time because you can run out of things to do, if you get ahead of your AK level.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2016-09-06 at 11:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    I'm to the point now (4 days /played at 110) that I have nothing to do but sign on a few times a day, do the world quests that offer AP/Gear, and sign off. With 840+ ilevel it takes next to no time to finish them all. I think this expansion will suffer many of the same complaints as WoD as soon as the masses reach this point. Though it is a significant improvement overall.

After you catch up Suramar, 8/8 Mythics, do your profession quests, clean up the rest of the zones, etc. There isn't anything to do but wait for more world quests to pop, which basically means logging off for a few hours. Farming heroics for AP? It'll take roughly 200-500 randoms to get my next rank depending on boss drops. You are so time gated behind waiting for AK levels after reaching your second gold trait that even AP WQ aren't worth doing (minus emissary/warden/nightfallen ones for rep). At rank 19, it takes hundreds of them to get my next perk, so it's best just to wait for AK levels.

In the mean time, there's not much to do. Mythic dungeons have a weekly lockout. Everything else is time gated. Mythic+/Raids aren't open yet. Not appealing to do hundreds of WQs for a single rank.

TL:TR - Take your time because you can run out of things to do, if you get ahead of your AK level.
    The majority of people won't unlock the final 2 Mythic's until late into the next reset, by then raids will be out a few days after. The average ilvl right now is probably close to 820-825, there's a lot around 830 but I doubt a HUGE amount will hit 840+ for when raids are out in a week so the majority will still have stuff to farm.

Also don't use your AP tokens yet, save them until your 3-4th upgrade on your Hall, or if you're patient like me, just max it out to the bonus levels and wait until you're on upgrade 10+

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    The majority of people won't unlock the final 2 Mythic's until late into the next reset, by then raids will be out a few days after. The average ilvl right now is probably close to 820-825, there's a lot around 830 but I doubt a HUGE amount will hit 840+ for when raids are out in a week so the majority will still have stuff to farm.

Also don't use your AP tokens yet, save them until your 3-4th upgrade on your Hall, or if you're patient like me, just max it out to the bonus levels and wait until you're on upgrade 10+
    im 838 with maybe 2-3 days at 110. All mythic dungeons completed etc. Once I get my third relic slot (warriors get is so slow ZzZz) I will be 840. 840 is what I am requiring guildies to be for raids lol its not hard

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post

Raids are not out in a week, they are out on the 20th. You still have two full lockouts. If you've been doing all your Warden/Nightfallen world quests, and did Suramar in the first couple days, you should be reaching half honored sometime this week which gives two weeks of doing 10 mythic dungeons. 840 is not hard, especially when you unlock your 3rd relic slot and (IF) you find a legendary. I'd be 851 already right now if I had a legendary.

P.S. AP Tokens don't upgrade like that. They are set in stone with the amount they drop at. There is no point in saving them, not sure who told you otherwise... you are hurting yourself by not using them immediately. This can be confirm by learning AK1 in your class hall, getting a new token, and then checking the tooltips.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2016-09-06 at 11:04 AM.