Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Indeed, and if they had used the money/resources they spent on the app team then we could probably have had an extra dungeon.
    Blizzard has their own mobile team they probably have their own budget. One would assume its the same team what works on the WoW Armoury app, what explains why its a tad more broken as of Legion (it shows my Tauren hunter as a human and doesn't know what my DH's look like).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Nine people can't make a baby in a month. You clearly have absoletely no clue about software development.

And yes, this app can be done by a single developer if API calls are in place. Easily.
    They've probably developed for this in mind, meaning all of the API work was done as part of the initial implementation. So yeah, a single person could do this; but they likely have an agency working on it for parity between iOS and Android.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Will this be coming to android?
    Android is the dominant platform, of course it will.

That's EXACTLY how it works, if you have X money and X resources you can only use them to hire and support so many people. If you hire/support a team to do X you cannot use those resources to hire/support a team to do Y, you have to choose.
    The keyword is "departmentalized". Taking away resources from team A doesn't mean that team B (or C or D) will get those resources.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    am i being a noob? i cant seem to see it on the playstore....or do they mean next tuesday? (13th september)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post

And thats why they released HS on the iPad/iPhone first aye? its not about who has a bigger market.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyoll81 View Post
    am i being a noob? i cant seem to see it on the playstore....or do they mean next tuesday? (13th september)
    It's 4.30 AM on the west coast.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Seriously... Dont take this topic that way...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I don't care about "wasted dev time", I'll have plenty of reasons to enjoy an app like this at work
    But it's a slippery slope and I figured the Armory app did plenty. Do we really need the ability to control our Order Halls from anywhere?

Where is the line drawn?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyoll81 View Post
    It's still early morning (before 5am) on the west coast. Wait for Blizzard to their maintenance before checking

Deleted
    Wasn't the case for Hearthstone

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    So by your flawless logic. If blizz hired extra 1000 devs we should have an expansion every 6 months right?
    No that's not what I said, look at it like this:

There are 5 woodcutters and 5 coal miners, you can hire one more person, depending on which you choose you will either get more wood or more coal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    You're totally clueless about how software development works in general.
    I like that you call people clueless based off your own misunderstanding of what you're reading ^^

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    "Oh if only they scrapped feature X and Y we'd have an entire raid tier for sure". That's not how any of this works.
    Actually it is, Blizzard have said as much, I.E they said diverting resources to make the Garrison in WoD meant that the expansion got one less raid tier, they even put a gravestone in the WoD Garrison reading "RIP Raid Tier" to try and make light of WoD missing a tier due to it.

Deleted

remember Hearthstone? remember which platform got it months before the other? I'm guessing not

while andriod does have a larger market share it also has 10 times more phones released which is a problem

it's like comparing console (Iphones) development to PC (android) game development. Apple releases 2/3 new models a year with set specifications whilst andriod is used by several companies to make several phones with varying specs across the board, basically android apps need to be developed to run across far more phones that IoS apps do

all of this ofc is ognoring Apples tendency to snag apps as exclusives

There are 5 woodcutters and 5 coal miners, you can hire one more person, depending on which you choose you will either get more wood or more coal.
    That's probably the worst metaphor you could have used. Hiring one person is often a net loss dependent on the timeline for the project. You should probably read something like the mythical man month if you're actually interested in reality.

Deleted
    Hence why I said staff/money, I.E if you hire an IOS developer that's money/resources you can't use to hire an additional quest/dungeons/etc developer. When you hire an entire team of them that's resources that could have been an additional dungeon or other content.
    Or you know, you could buy a large company that makes mobile games and borrow some of them for a couple of months

http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/2/96...ng-5-9-billion

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Wasn't the case for Hearthstone
    iOS is far easier to develop for, as there are far fewer targets, and they aren't continuously moving targets.

With iOS you target 3 or 4 versions/targets, with Android you have to pick and choose from over 20,000 variations.

Having said that - it is possible to develop for both with a common code base, if you wish to forgo the iOS pretties.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    It's still early morning (before 5am) on the west coast. Wait for Blizzard to their maintenance before checking
    Yeah I'm guessing it will happen with maintenance, or maybe with the reset, and that a link to the app will appear on game launcher.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Actually it is, Blizzard have said as much, I.E they said diverting resources to make the Garrison in WoD meant that the expansion got one less raid tier,
    Actually, what they have said (multiple times) is that it's not as easy as "just throw more money" at a team.

they even put a gravestone in the WoD Garrison reading "RIP Raid Tier" to try and make light of WoD missing a tier due to it.
    I'm pretty sure they did that to make fun of people like you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Nothing on iOS as of 530am pst.

Deleted
    So did they implement this on the battle.net web page yet? Because they should. Phone apps and web interfaces go hand in hand, and if they can make it work on a phone, they can make it work on their web page.

Also, add the garrison, professions and possibly later the AH. Well, one can dream.