Thread: Legendaries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    MoP's and WoD's legendaries, I get. Those were obtainable and guaranteed with via LFR, which is laughable IMO.

Legion's legendaries are now downright rare. I can also appreciate that multiple exists. Makes the BiS legendary even harder to obtain. My only worry now is the "forgiveness mechanic" that might make these legendaries guaranteed after a month of not getting one. All depends on how the mechanic works.
    And that mechanic is why they are not legendary. Just evenutall. These sort of weapons before the end of wrath were just epics, you did a long quest most of the time for your class and they were epic. When they made it just a longer quest you did in a raid and got after x weeks or something your fucking alt got they stopped being legendary. Day was if someone was in town with a legendary they were a badass. Now its more uncommon to find someone without one.

Look at me guys! I used to have legendaries before it was cool! I'm so special! Hey, look!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Look at me guys! I used to have legendaries before it was cool! I'm so special! Hey, look!
    No i didnt.

Deleted
    Those legendarys are most likely orange items aren't they? How can you call legendary an item that someone who played 6 days of expansion has.

Deleted
    Bah.

Everybody who has owned a Thunderfury know's that there has only ever existed one truely legendary weapon.
    Which other item can you name that totally shredded vanilla. And! was still BiS whole second?

That badass thing could hold aggro off blue geared PuG's with its proc alone! or have enemy faction troll you on forum after you cut them down with a 5x proc in a few seconds.

Thunderfury was almost as OP as Ignore Pain!
    Last edited by mmocdfdf1a8f27; 2016-09-06 at 10:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    Bah.

Everybody who has owned a Thunderfury know's that there has only ever existed one truely legendary weapon.
    Which other item can you name that totally shredded vanilla. And! was still BiS whole second?

That badass thing could hold aggro off blue geared PuG's with its proc alone! or have enemy faction troll you on forum after you cut them down with a 5x proc in a few seconds.

Thunderfury was almost as OP as Ignore Pain!
    And that one truly legendary weapon is Atiesh, great staff of the guardian xD
    So glad thst didn't become an artifact

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Can we just call them yellows? They stopped being legendary somewhere around the end of wrath.
    No because thanks to the orange text and the lore behind them they are still legendary's. The players made up in there mind what legendary's ment when all it ever ment was quality of the item nothing more.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    People complained about "welfare legendaries" in MoP and WoD because it wasn't RNG. Now they are and they're still not legendaries?

How bout we just let Blizzard decide.
    they are still welfare legendarys becouse everyone will 100% have at least one when raids come out. you just cant pick it.

Quote Originally Posted by plato13 View Post
    they are still welfare legendarys becouse everyone will 100% have at least one when raids come out. you just cant pick it.
    Welfare imply's you get something for nothing. There has never been a legendary that has just been given to you. More people getting them doesn't make them welfare.

If this is welfare then before it was prostitution legendary's since you had to suck the ass of a GL/RL to have a shot at them.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Welfare imply's you get something for nothing. There has never been a legendary that has just been given to you. More people getting them doesn't make them welfare.

If this is welfare then before it was prostitution legendary's since you had to suck the ass of a GL/RL to have a shot at them.
    they are given you for nothing. you can do whatever you want and you will get a legendary anytime soon.

they are given you for nothing. you can do whatever you want and you will get a legendary anytime soon.
    Right you can do whatever, meaning you have to do something.

Doesn't matter if that something is grinding world quests,dungeons and so on. You are still grinding something to get them and therefor that isn't doing nothing.

What is the difference between grinding black temple once a week for the warglaves and grinding mythic's once a week for one??????

You clearly don't know what the words Nothing and Welfare mean. Don't try to change definitions of words to fit your argument.

Right you can do whatever, meaning you have to do something.

Doesn't matter if that something is grinding world quests,dungeons and so on. You are still grinding something to get them and therefor that isn't doing nothing.

What is the difference between grinding black temple once a week for the warglaves and grinding mythic's once a week for one??????

You clearly don't know what the words Nothing and Welfare mean. Don't try to change definitions of words to fit your argument.
    becouse it doesnt matter how bad you are. everyone can farm mythics, not everyone was able to kill illidan. also i wouldnt call it grind if you just play the game however it pleases you. since you can do everything and get credit for you increased legendary chance. i wouldnt be suprised if you dont have to do anything at all to get blizzards "prevention of bad luck" mechanic wich guarantees you your legendary.
    Last edited by plato13; 2016-09-06 at 11:58 AM.

becouse it doesnt matter how bad you are. everyone can farm mythics, not everyone was able to kill illidan. also i wouldnt cann it grind if you just play the game however it pleases you. since you can do everything and get credit for you increased legendary chance. i wouldnt be suprised if you dont have to do anything at all to get blizzards "prevention of bad luck" mechanic wich guarantees you your legendary.
    Your problem seems to be rarity, making them less rare does not make them welfare. Legendary's have NEVER been about how rare they are and always been about the quality level of the item.

Once again don't change what words mean to fit your argument.

Your problem seems to be rarity, making them less rare does not make them welfare. Legendary's have NEVER been about how rare they are and always been about the quality level of the item.

Once again don't change what words mean to fit your argument.
    strange they are called rarity tiers ingame and not quality tiers. you are the one who changes the words and thats why i am done argueing with you. becouse you cant see reason and just have your opinion and just posting for the sake of argueing.

ITT: People who think they have more of a right to name an item's type than the people who designed it.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Legendary does refer to the quailty of the item, though, not the process of how one uptained it.
    thunder fury was objectivly worse then every other tier 2 weapon other then for tanks. legendary used to be about rarity. visit your auctineer and check the dropdown menu. its called rarity. and legendary is listed

strange they are called rarity tiers ingame and not quality tiers. you are the one who changes the words and thats why i am done argueing with you. becouse you cant see reason and just have your opinion and just posting for the sake of argueing.
    Yes rarity tiers as in the quality (rarity level) of each tier. Not the rarity in how to get them or how many people have them. There is a difference in the two that you clearly don't understand.

Maybe you should unsub and show blizzard how mad you are, but don't try to change what things mean to fit your argument. The majority of the playerbase and blizzard disagree's on your opinion.

Deleted
    Well it's not like getting one legendary lowers your chance to get another.
    This is called gambler's fallacy.

It is even possible (althou the possibility of this occuring is VERY low) to get a legendary for 2 mobs after eachother.

thunder fury was objectivly worse then every other tier 2 weapon other then for tanks. legendary used to be about rarity. visit your auctineer and check the dropdown menu. its called rarity. and legendary is listed
    Real meaning rarity=quality/lore behind the item. Not how rare it was for players to get them.

Its a simple concept you clearly don't understand. Even if it was its still rare for players to get them, The difference between then and now is more players have a chance at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Well it's not like getting one legendary lowers your chance to get another.
    This is called gambler's fallacy.

It is even possible (althou the possibility of this occuring is VERY low) to get a legendary for 2 mobs after eachother.
    in this case it does lower your chance. blizzard stated they have a mechanic that increases your chance for getting a legendary the longer you dont get it. the odds mostlekly go back to normal as soon as you get one

It being listed as such refers to rare quality. I mean, you can google its meaning
    no its not https://imgur.com/a/B7EoM

Real meaning rarity=quality/lore behind the item. Not how rare it was for players to get them.

Its a simple concept you clearly don't understand. Even if it was its still rare for players to get them, The difference between then and now is more players have a chance at it.
    why do we have 2 sulfaras? one is legendary wich was an insanely rare drop and one is epic wich is pretty common.

logic is something you guys dont understand
    Last edited by plato13; 2016-09-06 at 12:32 PM.