Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    You can't really use that kind of logic. If a mage has to be better than other players in order to be in the top 5, they aren't in the top 5. The only valid comparison is the average. Are average mages in the top 5 compared to other specs played by average players? Are good mages in the top 5 if all the other players are just as good? It's not as if there's something special about the class that makes it so that it performs comparatively better at high skill levels than other classes do. The DPS hierarchy can't take individual player skill into account, it's not a comparison between each single player. There's no such thing as "good mages" in a top x list, there's just mages.

The latest simcrafts indicate that fire mage is #8, and arcane/frost are way down there below the middle. It's among the top 3 ranged DPS, however; 75% of MDPS is in the top half and 75% of RPDS is in the bottom half. Legion is grotesquely melee-favored and it's frankly hilarious how lopsided it is, but as far as ranged specs go, mages are fine. One should fully expect a general nerf to melee coming in the first major balance patch, after which fire mage at least should be just fine.
    Isn't this on purpose by Blizz? Because actual encounters aren't Sim'd patchwork fights and ranged generally get more uptime on bosses, so it all balances out?

I know aren't out yet though, so we'll see how that goes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Monk>DH>unholy dk>Outlaw>rest>warlock.
    Last edited by HordeFanboy; 2016-09-06 at 12:30 PM.

I'm playing a fire mage (~815 ilvl) and running heroic and mythic dungeons with a guild group. What I can say so far:

- Fire mages are great at single target boss fights. The shorter the fight the better because we got that insane 10 sec burst.
    - On 2-3 trash pulls I fall really behind and get completely destroyed by the Demon Hunter in the group.
    - On large pulls Living Bomb works it's magic and I can do great DPS again. If the pull if large enough it's glorious!

Overall I'm ok with mage performance. I don't know if trash DPS is as important to Mythic+ as it was to challenge modes, but if it is I expect to see melee dominating the groups.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Balance Druid seems very middle of the road -> Bad. Thinking of rerolling DH.

What happened to CC and coordination in dungeons? In previous expansions, classes without CC were able to AoE everything down fast, whereas playing with a single-target class you'd use their CC abilities to make the pulls more manageable.

Seems like all pulls can be maxed out in optimality with this simple algorithm: "zerg the whole mob down instantly with the strongest AoE classes, interrupting any key spellcasts".

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Until I get further in my artifact BM hunter AoE is garbage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Until I get further in my artifact BM hunter AoE is garbage.
    ???

You get enough AP just by getting level 110 to be fucking good as BM in 5man content.

Currently not facing any huge problems on my Balance Druid. Will shine one some fights, and on others not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shihao View Post
    Overall I'm ok with mage performance. I don't know if trash DPS is as important to Mythic+ as it was to challenge modes, but if it is I expect to see melee dominating the groups.
    Trash dps AND stuns is extremely important and all comps pushing for high M+ and/or 2-3 chests will be melee heavy. Its just easier that way.

Deleted
    846 ilvl Spriest, I am doing absolutely fine in areas I expect spec to do well. It's obvious for me that Spriest is not meant for burst AoE and giving us that would result in serious nerfs pretty quickly. But can your 5 mln dps trash-hero DH mass dispel party or suddenly really help the healer and save the situation with meaty shadow mends if shit hits the fan? I can do that and much more, in addition to other strenghts and with hyper-scalling nature of the spec I safely assume that it will quickly get pretty wild with super-satisfying gameplay and learning curve as a bonus.
    Last edited by mmoc37c4ca2be5; 2016-09-12 at 12:33 PM.

This thread is filled with mostly exaggeration, lies, and penis-weighting.

It's kind of easy to see why Blizzard struggles with feedback, because most of it is inaccurate and just plain false.

Fire mage bursting 1m and sustaining 500k over 2 minutes at 830? Sure guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallebarry View Post

It's kind of easy to see why Blizzard struggles with feedback, because most of it is inaccurate and just plain false.

Welcome to MMO-Champ. Where the size of your manhood is measured by the lies you can tell.

despite the majority of all rogues i'll main assassin and think to improve my AP on this . (hate outlaws gameplay)
    AOE 2+ its fine....4+ it's really really low compared to other classes

on ST ill shine

Deleted
    I am destroying my group on total damage done as Windwalker in 5man content, even the Demonhunters most of the time.

On trash pulls I can often do 60% of the total dmg and single target I am usually ahead unless I mess up my hit combo. Although on single target it is closer.

Shadowpriest with gear is great single target dps in theory. But in 5 man content it simply does not seem to work. AOE dps is horrible and the fights are too much movement or too short for shadow dps to really build up.

Retribution Paladin seems really poor as well.

Windwalker, Enhancer, Demonhunter, Combat Rogue, Enhancement Shaman, Mage, BM/MM Hunter are good imo.

Retribution Paladin, Shadowpriest bad.

Can't say anything about DK since I have never seen an unholy or frost in groups. Never seen Elemental Shaman either and Warlock has been a rare sight too.
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2016-09-12 at 12:59 PM.

Windwalker, Outlaw, Beast Mastery, Havoc all seem to be strong. My little Outlaw rogue is an absolute freight train in dungeons. with 1 or 2 buffs it's great but with 6 buffs it's super saiyan 4. it's crazy. but the chances of getting 6 buffs is rare. ive seen it twice, and that was when I got back to back 6 buffs and pulled 481k dps as a 109 in eye of azshara lol.

I'd try Haovc a little more but Vengeance is so dang fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Monk>DH>unholy dk>Outlaw>rest>warlock.
    This sounds about right. I love having to work twice as hard to do half the DPS of an Outlaw Rogue when playing my Warlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account

Mages bursting for 1mil during aoe packs, sure. What about demon hunters and ww monks bursting for 2mil? Or rogues bursting for 1mil single target with current gear?

Rogues need another run through nerf. Demon hunters will get their nerfs once blizzard sees how imbalanced things are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    This sounds about right. I love having to work twice as hard to do half the DPS of an Outlaw Rogue when playing my Warlock.
    Yes warlocks need buff.

Quote Originally Posted by elucidhz View Post
    Mages bursting for 1mil during aoe packs, sure. What about demon hunters and ww monks bursting for 2mil? Or rogues bursting for 1mil single target with current gear?

Rogues need another run through nerf. Demon hunters will get their nerfs once blizzard sees how imbalanced things are.
    Blizzard already said they would do a balance patch before and after raids release. They always do, they always have. You can't really fix something if you don't know where it's broken.

Blizzard already said they would do a balance patch before and after raids release. They always do, they always have. You can't really fix something if you don't know where it's broken.
    Trust me they know, they just didn't care.

All those imbalances/broken (op and up) spec were known since the alpha with plenty of feedback but they barely answered and when they did it was "it fits the class fantasy"

Homophobia is so gay.