Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Wasn't the case for Hearthstone
    Games are different than companion apps.

But I don't expect Apple junks to realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So did they implement this on the battle.net web page yet? Because they should. Phone apps and web interfaces go hand in hand, and if they can make it work on a phone, they can make it work on their web page.

Also, add the garrison, professions and possibly later the AH. Well, one can dream.
    I agree with you about the web interface part. As for the Auction House, that is implemented already in the iOS/Android app WoW Armory (you can buy/sell everything from your mobile); that unless you were refering to the AH Web Interface

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Games are different than companion apps.

But I don't expect Apple junks to realize that.
    Ofc you 'don't expect Apple junks to realize that'

You are so full of yourself god just face it that people like brands that you don't like.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it out yet?

Really looking forward for this, kinda expect this mobile integration after Wod Garrisons and Hearthstone i just didn't expect this so soon.

Also Activision Blizzard did acquire King (Candy Crush developers) it's possible we will see more apps like this in the future.
    Last edited by Beerbill Society; 2016-09-06 at 01:34 PM.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Is it out yet? Really looking forward for this, kinda expect this mobile integration after Wod Garrisons and Hearthstone, also they (Activision Blizzard) did acquire King (Candy Crush developers), just didn't expect this so soon. It's possible we will see more apps like this in the future.
    Yeah, with the dumbed down rotations for PvE, we can soon raid from our mobile devices, it's great while driving to work, or even while working. The boss [Edit for clarification, the boss at work, not the boss in the raid! ] might not be too happy, but if you get a world first it's clearly worth it!

On a more serious note: I am not sure it's a good idea. Or rather, the app itself is great, especially for those of us who have limited playtime.. However, I don't think it should be needed.. I much prefer progression to happen on like a weekly basis, but whatever.. Can't please everyone, so no other option but to roll with it

Either way, I'll use it when it ships just to keep track on my missions etc.
    Last edited by SirreASDF; 2016-09-06 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    I agree with you about the web interface part. As for the Auction House, that is implemented already in the iOS/Android app WoW Armory (you can buy/sell everything from your mobile); that unless you were refering to the AH Web Interface
    Yeah, a web interface for all of that stuff. Professions, for example, would be a bit nicer; just set your guy to make 500 of something and instead of it taking 500*2=1000 seconds or 16 minutes 40 seconds, you can just click a queue when you go to bed or something and it'll be made offline.

Also, this would give an opportunity to do long-term profession-related research for recipes and so on. Just set your guy to research X, and they'll do it while they're offline. I'm thinking cosmetic stuff and so on, or stuff that can be an addition to what the game already provides actively.

In any case, just to have the order hall missions on a web page would be so helpful once the alt army starts growing. And I don't own a smartphone, since I didn't get into that thing when they started appearing, and haven't needed one yet. This might be the first useful thing for me though, so I suppose I have to buy some cheap ass one.

Nothing yet on playstore :/

Yeah, a web interface for all of that stuff. Professions, for example, would be a bit nicer; just set your guy to make 500 of something and instead of it taking 500*2=1000 seconds or 16 minutes 40 seconds, you can just click a queue when you go to bed or something and it'll be made offline.

Also, this would give an opportunity to do long-term profession-related research for recipes and so on. Just set your guy to research X, and they'll do it while they're offline. I'm thinking cosmetic stuff and so on, or stuff that can be an addition to what the game already provides actively.

In any case, just to have the order hall missions on a web page would be so helpful once the alt army starts growing. And I don't own a smartphone, since I didn't get into that thing when they started appearing, and haven't needed one yet. This might be the first useful thing for me though, so I suppose I have to buy some cheap ass one.
    Please do pay attention to what the phone requirements are on phones. I'm betting the really low-end ones won't properly run it (or at least won't be natively supported so you'd have to root/jailbreak the phone etc.). A $100-150 should probably run it, I wouldn't count on a $50 phone running it, though.

Guys guys let's all settle down. Windows tablets got hearthstone first because they could run pc software

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Please do pay attention to what the phone requirements are on phones. I'm betting the really low-end ones won't properly run it (or at least won't be natively supported so you'd have to root/jailbreak the phone etc.). A $100-150 should probably run it, I wouldn't count on a $50 phone running it, though.
    Yeah, of course, and I consider a 100-200€ phone a cheap ass one, when compared to the 500-700€ iPhone monstrosities.

Yeah, of course, and I consider a 100-200€ phone a cheap ass one, when compared to the 500-700€ iPhone monstrosities.
    Cool, fair enough. And honestly, most Android phones aren't much cheaper than iPhones these days. Samsung is expensive as hell as well now (and has shit battery life) and HTC isn't much better. But I do get your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Cool, fair enough. And honestly, most Android phones aren't much cheaper than iPhones these days. Samsung is expensive as hell as well now (and has shit battery life) and HTC isn't much better. But I do get your point.
    If you dont need some well known brand - there are android phones with hardware better then samsung s6 for example and price tag around 200€.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradingus View Post
    This, pretty much. It's handy and it's free.

If people don't like it, they can just not use it. Simple as that.
    But they will be "forced" to use it to stay competitive.

7+ Year Old Account
    This thing drop yet?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    iOS is far easier to develop for, as there are far fewer targets, and they aren't continuously moving targets.

With iOS you target 3 or 4 versions/targets, with Android you have to pick and choose from over 20,000 variations.

Having said that - it is possible to develop for both with a common code base, if you wish to forgo the iOS pretties.
    Actually no, it's not that different. You might have a wider variance in terms of hardware and display sizes, but you can limit the app to a specific android version, so no backwards comp. needed. You can easily test your app with the emu in different sizes but if it scales well from 4.7 to 6.5 you are fine. Also there are some frameworks our there, that let you code in both systems at once. Never tried it, but they seem to work quite well.
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

They said by the end of the day, which is still a while away PST yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    But they will be "forced" to use it to stay competitive.
    Not really. They already said the follower numbers won't be as high as in WoD times. Also the number of quests is lower then in WoD. So if you start to go to work, you set the 7 hour quest and finish it when you come home. Sure, with a smartphone you can start a new quest sooner, but the gain is not that huge if you don't use the app. And IMHO 90% of the ppl will use it anyway, just because they can and are bored :P
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

Really looking forward to it, tbh. Sometimes I get stuck working 16+ hour shifts, and it would be awesome to hit the cell phone and rotate missions and whatnot that are time sensitive. +1 for Blizz, IMO.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    iOS is far easier to develop for, as there are far fewer targets, and they aren't continuously moving targets.

With iOS you target 3 or 4 versions/targets, with Android you have to pick and choose from over 20,000 variations.

Having said that - it is possible to develop for both with a common code base, if you wish to forgo the iOS pretties.
    Have you developed for android in recent years? It's really moved on from where it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerad View Post
    Actually no,
    You are incorrect, so any explanation for your incorrect statement was ignored.

It is as a matter of FACT - harder to develop for Android, in fact due to the fragmentation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Have you developed for android in recent years? It's really moved on from where it used to be.
    Attempted to, however the artwork requirements are orders of magnitudes more difficult than for iOS.

Writing the logic code for each is trivial, but try and make a half decent looking app for ALL versions of Android and ALL devices - ALL 20000 variants. That's nigh on impossible.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.