Hey I'm new to Elemental Shamans and I need some clarification. Can you stack the damage from multiple Earthquake totems?

Quote Originally Posted by Saksy2 View Post
    Hey I'm new to Elemental Shamans and I need some clarification. Can you stack the damage from multiple Earthquake totems?
    Yes you can

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Not end-game or anything elitistic, but I'm amazed of how much of a difference is between leveling as Ele and Enh.
    It's a huge huge discrepancy in fluidity and speed.
    You ain't kidding. My enhancement weapon is a bit ahead of my elemental one at this point in terms of AK investment, but ele is flat out worse in every way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    How are, Elementals in legion dungeons on trash and bosses?

Does the 5min Elemental hurts boss damage when its not avaible? Are ppl taking Ascendence for boss burst or Lava totem for trash aoe?
    I would say that trash they suck so much. The only way to do decent dmg is artifact ability and chain lightning. When those 3 casts are out you are useless, you can just use the stun totem to help out the tank/healer and earthquake. I played with two rogues yesterday and when my chain lightning was done casting half of the mobs were already dead.

On single target bosses, you are also useless unless you use all your CDs, then you are godlike for a few seconds.

Deleted
    Graphics seems so overwhelming. sparkles, trembles, flashes, electric discharges - can't even see trash pack.. and so puny damage. While other classes do more aoe damage (like rogues 3x), would like to see more of their animations and awesome special skill moves. Feeling like a clown there, little embarassed, big lightshow but no dmg.

Deleted
    I'm not max level yet, but have played enough to get a good feel and learn the spec rather well. The flaws become quite obvious and I think the community has narrowed them down and summarized them very well already. I hope blizzard take it to heart.

1. Artifact is underwhelming. Both appearance (generic fistweapon that you never see) and ability being a lame damage boost to our least favorite spell in our arsenal as of now. The buff last way too short and sometimes you cant use it because you're casting instant lava bursta and full MS earthshock. It's just sooo underwhelming overall. I'm not against it being a fist weapon if done properly.

2. AoE isn't fun or satisfying or good at all. Make chain lightning do 90% of our AoE dmg and let earthquake be a bonus to manage for people eager to top charts or for the stun.

3. Mobility kills our DPS way too hard.

And that's basically it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bompton View Post
    I'm not max level yet, but have played enough to get a good feel and learn the spec rather well. The flaws become quite obvious and I think the community has narrowed them down and summarized them very well already. I hope blizzard take it to heart.

1. Artifact is underwhelming. Both appearance (generic fistweapon that you never see) and ability being a lame damage boost to our least favorite spell in our arsenal as of now. The buff last way too short and sometimes you cant use it because you're casting instant lava bursta and full MS earthshock. It's just sooo underwhelming overall. I'm not against it being a fist weapon if done properly.

2. AoE isn't fun or satisfying or good at all. Make chain lightning do 90% of our AoE dmg and let earthquake be a bonus to manage for people eager to top charts or for the stun.

3. Mobility kills our DPS way too hard.

And that's basically it.
    I definately agree with you on all points, specially the buff time. It should be at least 30 seconds or a full minute until we can use it again. You should use it on CD and then cast LB/CL when you get time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry i am Confused, Elemental is very very mobile for a caster tbh. Granted we have to either time the holding back of lavasurge or pool maelstrom or take a talent to do it.
    The artifact itself is unique with what it adds and what it does granted i am not a fan of the procs needing to work off of other procs to actually make it useful myself but it has a soild direction.

AOE - Well this is primarily a sore subject, blizzard will never put us on the scale of mages for example that are good at EVERYTHING. So having much higher single target burst vs cruddy AOE is a win in my eyes they have removed all that front loaded damage from our AOE and put it where it should be for raiding purposes. Again we can talent into more AOE functionallity aswell.

In conclusion: Alot of posters seem to be reluctant to change with the game, they expect WOD AOE with MOP sngle target. this is the problem we have Burst we are a burst spec now. not an AOE, Sustained dps spec. TBH in MOP we where burst aswell and it worked out fine. I recall bursting to the top of my guilds charts in the 1st 20 seconds of a boss fight, then watching as the non bursters climbed up with there ramp ups. We can reburst again when our cooldowns allow which means we can still technically do roughly the same damage as they can in just a shoter cooldown based duration. In mop i use to end usually in the top position of the DPS in my guild because of just Burst. People need to adapt to the current 'meta' and stop complaining of what if and should haves.

OH ye - The Stormkeeper buff - 1 second global cooldown after activation, channel a LB if Lvb procs chain the Surge after the LB. Rinse and Repeat. Not had an issue with the duration myself. (Just saying)
    Last edited by gambit998; 2016-09-06 at 10:50 AM.

Deleted
    I wrote this on the official forums, but I'd like all of your opinions too:

As almost everyone agrees on, the aoe is terrible. When your chain lightning is finished casting the rogues have already killed 2-3 mobs in the trash pack.

There is one way I think would be good that does not make EQ overpowered or CL to weak.
    CL and LB should get a bit of a damage buff.
    Then after a CL is cast, the EQ should be 50% cheaper. This would make the EQ good for AOE, but on bossfights you do not want to stack EQ because Earth Shock is still higher in damage.

Our artifact ability should also have a longer timer. It's a 1 minute cooldown but we have 10(?) seconds to cast 3 LB/CL. LB and CL are our filler spells, and are not used for 10 sec if we are lucky with EB procs. So to fix this I would increase the artifact skill to 60 seconds or 59 seconds. And as soon as you can cast the artifact if you haven't used the 3 charges for 60 seconds, which you most likely would. Then the buff will dissapear right before you can use the artifact power again.
    This will make it worth using it on CD even on trash pack for that last CL/LB and still have 2 charges for next trashpack.

I think these changes would be good and not overpowered at all. It would just increase our AOE, we can aoe faster and do more dmg to keep up with the rest.
    We don't have to rush our artifact ability. We won't lose if we need to move and so on.

What are your thoughts about this?

The single target burst is really good but if you need to move you can't do anything unless you have maelstrom or FB procs. But how to fix this idk. Maybe a skill that makes you able to cast and move for a short time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by badilak View Post
    The single target burst is really good but if you need to move you can't do anything unless you have maelstrom or FB procs. But how to fix this idk. Maybe a skill that makes you able to cast and move for a short time.
    TBH during Alpha i was hoping Icefury would be this spell but rotationally it can be a pain in the ass

I wrote this on the official forums, but I'd like all of your opinions too:

As almost everyone agrees on, the aoe is terrible. When your chain lightning is finished casting the rogues have already killed 2-3 mobs in the trash pack.

There is one way I think would be good that does not make EQ overpowered or CL to weak.
    Then after a CL is cast, the EQ should be 50% cheaper. This would make the EQ good for AOE, but on bossfights you do not want to stack EQ because Earth Shock is still higher in damage.

Our artifact ability should also have a longer timer. It's a 1 minute cooldown but we have 10(?) seconds to cast 3 LB/CL. LB and CL are our filler spells, and are not used for 10 sec if we are lucky with EB procs. So to fix this I would increase the artifact skill to 60 seconds or 59 seconds. And as soon as you can cast the artifact if you haven't used the 3 charges for 60 seconds, which you most likely would. Then the buff will dissapear right before you can use the artifact power again.
    This will make it worth using it on CD even on trash pack for that last CL/LB and still have 2 charges for next trashpack.

I think these changes would be good and not overpowered at all. It would just increase our AOE, we can aoe faster and do more dmg to keep up with the rest.
    We don't have to rush our artifact ability. We won't lose if we need to move and so on.

What are your thoughts about this?

While maybe our aoe isn't that good, I don't think it's really that bad. Beside I'm glad that I finally good at ST, rather than having an aoe-niche spec. Our cleave is also much better. Switch target is at best now with no shock cd. I've just cleared VH mythic with my guildies, with 820-ish ilvl geared on us averagely, and I can say that mythic trash' HP are tougher than heroic by far, especially for a group with not decently geared. So I still can throw my Chain Lightning at trash pack as much before they actually die (the fact that Chain Lightning is in 1st position on my overall damage spell meter, so yeah). My party was consist of ww monk, aff lock, and me as dps; with BrM monk as the tank. I maybe not the highest dps on trash pack, but none of those two other dps can race me on boss fight. When we cleared the dungeon, in overall damage done meter, I'm still sitting on second dps with not that much gap number from the ww monk. Maybe like 5%-ish difference. Both of the ww monk and I had similar activities rate (up to 95%-ish). You should know that WW monk is like crazy good this expansion.

I also never have a hard time to always used up my SK buff. Maybe because I never actually try to align it with PoTM. But I've always had em aligned on the first pull anyway right after Ascendance. But srsly, throw 3 LBs after SK is not that hard. You just gotta learn the best timing to cast it. And make clear of your priorities rotation in mind. Though I admit, a bit more additional seconds for the buff's duration won't hurt.

I don't know what will come on raid environment later, since I didn't play beta. But I think I'd still have more fun with my ele than what I had on early WoD back then. Side note, Multidot FS is still great to have despite not having archi-trinket anymore . I love how this spec turn out overall. Please note that I'm not top raider, I'm not aiming world first race either. I just want to share my experience.
    Last edited by Rezhka; 2016-09-06 at 01:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    While maybe our aoe isn't that good, I don't think it's really that bad. Beside I'm glad that I finally good at ST, rather than having an aoe-niche spec. Our cleave is also much better. Switch target is at best now with no shock cd. I've just cleared VH mythic with my guildies, with 820-ish ilvl geared on us averagely, and I can say that mythic trash' HP are tougher than heroic by far, especially for a group with not decently geared. So I still can throw my Chain Lightning at trash pack as much before they actually die (the fact that Chain Lightning is in 1st position on my overall damage spell meter, so yeah). My party was consist of ww monk, aff lock, and me as dps; with BrM monk as the tank. I maybe not the highest dps on trash pack, but none of those two other dps can race me on boss fight. When we cleared the dungeon, in overall damage done meter, I'm still sitting on second dps with not that much gap number from the ww monk. Maybe like 5%-ish difference. Both of the ww monk and I had similar activities rate (up to 95%-ish). You should know that WW monk is like crazy good this expansion.

I also never have a hard time to always used up my SK buff. Maybe because I never actually try to align it with PoTM. But I've always had em aligned on the first pull anyway right after Ascendance. But srsly, throw 3 LBs after SK is not that hard. You just gotta learn the best timing to cast it. And make clear of your priorities rotation in mind. Though I admit, a bit more additional seconds for the buff's duration won't hurt.

I don't know what will come on raid environment later, since I didn't play beta. But I think I'd still have more fun with my ele than what I had on early WoD back then. Side note, Multidot FS is still great to have despite not having archi-trinket anymore . I love how this spec turn out overall. Please note that I'm not top raider, I'm not aiming world first race either. I just want to share my experience.
    I have found the exact same experience, it is the fact that some people ar not willing to change the way the class is played and are moaning about damage at the same time. We are not fury warriors that try stack everything and the kitchen sink to blow shit up for 10 seconds our cooldowns affect certain things at certain times and need to be used accordingly. Personally When i use stormkeeper i try to chain a Surge proc directly after the hard cast of the LB, during that time LB takes priority and the Lavaburst is bonus damage in my eyes. Once the buff is over i return to my normal LvB over LB. Hell i even throw Ice Fury into the mix just to make the roatation more challenging. Hard cast chain a frost shock afterwards type of play. (granted it is a maelstrom mess around but it works for me ^^)
    Last edited by gambit998; 2016-09-06 at 01:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post

Well yes, you can use the 3 casts, but how can you tell when your FB procs? SOmetimes it procs 3-5 times in a row. It's still higher on the priority list over LB and if you cast 3 FB you will lose one buffed LB. Specially if you need to move once before the FB procs.
    It's not that you can make it. You will, but if you have to move or if you are lucky with the procs, there is no way you get all 3 casts.

I played with two rogues, they had around 830 ilvl I had 820, sure 10 ilvl diff. It's supposed to be a diff. But I was at 100k top on trash. I can maybe pull more now. But they had between 350k to 700k depending on how many buffs they rolled. It's not that aoe is "bad" it's just that everyone else is better at it and it's not fun to aoe.
    And when it comes to dps: noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/
    As you can see here, we are second to last in singeltarget dps.
    simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html (can't post links yet) just add the http before)
    if you sim it with T19 gear we are 3rd to last.

It's not about we being good burst on short fights like heroic/mythic. It's that we are so CD dependant to do burst. then just hang back and wait.
    And you feel so useless when playing dungeons because you can't help clear trashpack. YOu just sit there, try to stun the mobs as much as possible and keep throwing EQ to knock them down.

To make AOE better they don't have to make EQ cheaper. What they could do is that CL generates more Maelstrom.
    The problem is without procs you need ages, if you have some overloads it is a bit easier. Because mastery is so low on priority you also do not stack it and won't get much more overloads automatically. So it is a problem that the cookie cutter spec pe-em-asc is prioritizing crit and haste.
    While I think about it, does crits return more Maelstrom? Perhaps this could be helpful.

If the artifact buff is one minute and the cd is also one minute I could macro is into my lb... makes no sense. it is a cd and people should think about before they use it.
    10s is a bit short yes, but instead of increase it so 60 I think something between 12-15s would be ok.

It lasts 15 seconds. No idea where he's getting 10 from.

7+ Year Old Account
    15 seconds to get off 2 second Lightning Bolts (Haste not included) + 3 globals. so 3 seconds wasted on globals and 6 seconds used on casting the LB's. Ye i dont get it.......is more than enough time.

I mean on Pull, It is channel stormkeeper, Lightningbolt chain a flameshock, Lightningbolt, Possible surege proc after the LB. Then LB again with a possible surge again. Lavaburst to full duration Flameshock, Ascendance + EM and boom. Am i missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by gambit998 View Post
    15 seconds to get off 2 second Lightning Bolts (Haste not included) + 3 globals. so 3 seconds wasted on globals and 6 seconds used on casting the LB's. Ye i dont get it.......is more than enough time.
    No, it's not.

If you've got two Lava Surge procs within the duration and maybe one ES ready it will be difficult to get out 3 casts. And if you need some movement as well at least one of the three is wasted. There is absolutely no need in giving Stormkeeper a duration. Let it be the next 3 casts, doesn't matter if it's in the next 10 seconds or 10 minutes.

I can't and won't believe that you never struggled with the duration. And to delay a Lava Surge proc by 3-5 seconds (to be able to use all of the Stormkeeper stacks) is not very clever.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2016-09-07 at 07:38 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No, it's not.

If you've got two Lava Surge procs within the duration and maybe one ES ready it will be difficult to get out 3 casts. And if you need some movement as well at least one of the three is wasted. There is absolutely no need in giving Stormkeeper a duration. Let it be the next 3 casts, doesn't matter if it's in the next 10 seconds or 10 minutes.

I can't and won't believe that you never struggled with the duration. And to delay a Lava Surge proc by 3-5 seconds (to be able to use all of the Stormkeeper stacks) is not very clever.
    No i havnt had an issue...granted i forget it is there half the time so it could be that ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No, it's not.

Thank you for understanding.
    A lightning bolt does just a above 100k without crit with stormkeeper for me. A Lava burst do over 150k. Ignoring an instant Lava burst proc to cast a 1.6 second LB that does 50k less damage, (might do more with a crit. if it crits). And then you block another lava burst proc for 1.6 seconds.
    a LB reduces the CD of Fire Elemental too, which would be a even bigger issue to push ignore the Lava burst proc.
    3 Lava burst procs isn't out of the normal in 15 seconds. that is 4.5 extra seconds if you have no haste. 4 seconds might be closer. thats 9 seconds left to cast 3 Lightning bolt if you do not get another proc. thats another 3* 1.6 seconds(4.8 seconds) thats 5.2 seconds left. IF you use everything without any downtime between casts at all. If you need to move just once under this time, hide behind something or if you get another proc. You have even less time.
    even if you shorten the cast time to 1.5 it's still 5.5 seconds left.

7+ Year Old Account
    How are you guys doing in the open world? I am 820 ilvl and struggling with doing world quests smoothly, i feel super squishy and weak.