Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I mean when you file a lawsuit there's always a chance you're going to lose.
    I know its 'Merica, land of the sued; but how did they ever think they were gonna win this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Me thinks the lawyers were just running something of a scam.
    If the legal system was entirely truthful there would be no need for lawyers. To that end, everything they do in an official capacity is a scam. It's just when their scams are successful people win lots of money, so they get heavily compensated for their time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    The fact that they sued the theater in the first place (given the scenario) is justification for them being counter-sued. We need a deterrence for frivolous law suits. If ionly hospitals, doctors, etc, would start doing the same.

I didn't even know people sued the theater over this. Like in what way was the theater negligent? Whats next? Suing a city if something bad happens within city limits?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    fact ... please read up on the meaning of that word.
    You know, I was hoping someone else would catch that little gem and call it out for the utterly fallacious, fear mongering pile of horseshit that it was. Good call!
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I can't imagine the theater is going to come out ahead on this. The bad press alone will damage the brand. Most people reading the headline will be emotional and feel bad for the survivors and feel hatred for a "corporation". Rational people will understand it's the cost of a failed lawsuit, but how many won't.
    I only live a few blocks away from the theater where this happened. I even knew one of the individuals who was killed (friend of a friend, but met often enough could easily recognize her). Every single person I know in this area (including my friend who lost a very good friend), doesn't blame the theater and finds the fact that the theater was sued to be ridiculous. The theater itself is as active as it ever was and there are no loud calls to boycott or blame them over the counter suit, even from the Aurora Sentinel, which is the most liberal, anti-business newspaper I have ever seen.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    So this is a result of some stupid sue that ended up costing a shitton? I'm fine with that. Don't sue companies because you want to make some quick money out of your own tragedy and it won't backfire!
    This, precisely. They were stupid to sue the theater. They were stupider still to turn down the settlement. Now they get their punishment. It was a very tragic event, but the theater had ZERO liability for the shooting.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have they tried suing the manufacturer of the car the shooter used? Maybe they can get a quick buck off the tragedy that way?

15+ Year Old Account
    no problem with this at all they we're obviously swindled by some fast talking lawyer making them think they had a shot when really frosty had a better shot walking in and out of hell unscathed
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    People like this sue for everything, I am glad they lose, I would be delighted to watch them suffer.

They survived the shooting, now survive the debt.

The shooting was a tragedy, this is justice.