Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Gearing is so messed up in Legion and the first season has not even started! Wait till you see players with higher gear ilevels from raids/rated arenas smashing lowly BG geared players.

It will be hilarious.
    Eh? The gap in player power is tiny now. A raid-geared player won't be much stronger than someone in 810 blues.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Eh? The gap in player power is tiny now. A raid-geared player won't be much stronger than someone in 810 blues.
    That is completely wrong.

Deleted
    Gearing is so messed up in Legion and the first season has not even started! Wait till you see players with higher gear ilevels from raids/rated arenas smashing lowly BG geared players.

It will be hilarious.
    Yep, SMASHING. With this tremendous 3% stat bonus to template they'll get from their ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Prestige has only Artifact power or gold rewards as you rank up. The prestige rank gives you cosmetics. Frame portaits, mounts, artifact weapon skin etc.
    Higher honor levels will earn you better ilvl gear even from world quests.

Check MMO-C main page the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    I had 2 WQ's that gave 840 ilvl gear at Honor Level 17. Of course, one of them was bugged because the Alliance NPCs were there and not the Horde ones and I missed out. Next round they went back to 805's.
    when that happens go to the other tower in the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Yep, SMASHING. With this tremendous 3% stat bonus to template they'll get from their ilvl.
    This is wrong as well.

Rated PVP gear/raid gear is higher than 3%.

I feel sorry for people that bought into Blizzard's obfuscation propaganda. The brainwashing has worked.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a World Quest right now that awards a Battlemaster's PVP Trinket. Slightly confused, I was under the impression Trinkets were disabled in PVP?
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

15+ Year Old Account
    This is wrong as well.

I feel sorry for people that bought into Blizzard's obfuscation propaganda. The brainwashing has worked.
    Each item level will provide a 0.1% buff. Therefore if you're 95 item levels higher (fresh level 110 ~ 800 vs full raid best in slot ~ 895) you'll have a whopping 9.5% extra damage, healing and health.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Each item level will provide a 0.1% buff. Therefore if you're 95 item levels higher (fresh level 110 ~ 800 vs full raid best in slot ~ 895) you'll have a whopping 9.5% extra damage, healing and health.
    9.5% is a lot.

And there is no way to close the gap reasonably.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    I have a World Quest right now that awards a Battlemaster's PVP Trinket. Slightly confused, I was under the impression Trinkets were disabled in PVP?
    They are but they still work for world PVP.

Deleted
    This is wrong as well.

What the fuck are you talking about? You do know everyone can just swap gear, go in a BG and check for themselves, right?

What the fuck are you talking about? You do know everyone can just swap gear, go in a BG and check for themselves, right?
    You are wrong.

Look at the ilevel of high rated PVP gear and compare to the low level PVP gear. You are in for a rude awakening! I feel sorry for you and many players that bought the lies from Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    effects are in instance pvp but they still give ilvl boost

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    The power gap will roughly be the difference between a person in 700 blue pvp gear and 710 epic pvp gear in WoD. The problem with the current implementation is that the gap won't be closed quickly like it was in the past.

You are wrong.

Look at the ilevel of high rated PVP gear and compare to the low level PVP gear. You are in for a rude awakening! I feel sorry for you and many players that bought the lies from Blizzard!
    The ilvl difference only matters outside of the arena or bgs. Inside the bonus is tiny, the difference of a r1 geared player and a 1k geared player is 4% or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    The ilvl difference only matters outside of the arena or bgs. Inside the bonus is tiny, the difference of a r1 geared player and a 1k geared player is 4% or so.
    This is wrong again.

The difference between a rank 1 player and 1k geared player is going to be greater than just 4%.

This is wrong again.

The difference between a rank 1 player and 1k geared player is going to be greater than just 4%.
    Show us the difference. Show us your math. Show us how it will be at all worse than it has been in the past when people had nearly double my damage, not 5% more.

All these empty claims are tiresome.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Show us the difference. Show us your math. Show us how it will be at all worse than it has been in the past when people had nearly double my damage, not 5% more.

All these empty claims are tiresome.
    You get templates in pvp, all stats on your gear are meaningless but 1 ilvl on your gear over the base assumed gear by that template is a 0.1% overall increase , so regular pvp gives ilvl 840 gear afaik (as do pvp world quests etc) and the really good gear 880, so thats 40 ilvls so a 4% increase in rated pvp.

Outside of the arena or bgs where the templates dont matter(i.e in the world) youll do way way more damage sure, but where it matters i.e real pvp the difference will be extremely minimal. The difference between a freshly dinged char and one in the best possible gear will be less then the difference between the 700 honour gear and the 710 conquest gear in WoDs last season.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    You get templates in pvp, all stats on your gear are meaningless but 1 ilvl on your gear over the base assumed gear by that template is a 0.1% overall increase , so regular pvp gives ilvl 840 gear afaik (as do pvp world quests etc) and the really good gear 880, so thats 40 ilvls so a 4% increase in rated pvp.

Outside of the arena or bgs where the templates dont matter(i.e in the world) youll do way way more damage sure, but where it matters i.e real pvp the difference will be extremely minimal. The difference between a freshly dinged char and one in the best possible gear will be less then the difference between the 700 honour gear and the 710 conquest gear in WoDs last season.
    This + it's all templates, so no stacking your best stats, no trinket silliness, no OP legendaries (Cata staff/fangs say hi), no mythic wf weapons bringing insane damage scaling for melee... and so on and so forth.

But I guess we're sheep blindly following Blizzard's lies, so what do we know ;P

15+ Year Old Account
    This + it's all templates, so no stacking your best stats, no trinket silliness, no OP legendaries (Cata staff/fangs say hi), no mythic wf weapons bringing insane damage scaling for melee... and so on and so forth.

But I guess we're sheep blindly following Blizzard's lies, so what do we know ;P
    There is no place for your reasoned and well researched feedback here, BACK TO THE HATE TRAIN.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

got my epic 840 ilvl legs from WQ yesterday