Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    tbh i think the full heal is stronger, its saved my shaman from ally gank squads heaps of times and if your dead you sure as hell cant get anything done
    This is a great point, Reghar is great as long as you just want to run around really fast but in combat he's not all that stellar. Before I got my iLvl to a decent spot where I could handle larger packs of mobs alone I kept Nobundo as my combat ally since he would allow me to stay healthy.

Myrla is the only one that has a weak performance as a combat ally, all I think I've seen her do is summon her Gryphon and deal some area damage with that.

I'm not sure why you think that just because Reghar has a fun ability (that's what I consider it) that differentiates us from other classes means in needs to be removed. If you pick Reghar you are taking subpar damage for outstanding mobility outside of combat. I bring Reghar along any time I know I'll be running around picking herbs as it's nice for me to not have to dismount, but if I'm going to be doing dailies in Suramar City (ghost wolf is so useless with Masquerade) or dealing with tough bosses I bring Nobundo. In other words, I swap to fit what I'm doing. Which is what I believe the intent is supposed to be, pick what you need for the circumstances.

Maybe you need to look at why you seem to think you always need Reghar...

So AFTER getting to 110 and AFTER getting our class hall campaign, we get a guy that gives us the mount speed of Paladin's and DK's by default?

Who GIVES A FUCK?

Are you serious? Are you truly dying to have the other combat allies with you?

This is such a non-issue. It's a cool thing, nothing more.

Please for the love of God can a mod delete this POS thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    So AFTER getting to 110 and AFTER getting our class hall campaign, we get a guy that gives us the mount speed of Paladin's and DK's by default?

Who GIVES A FUCK?

Are you serious? Are you truly dying to have the other combat allies with you?

This is such a non-issue. It's a cool thing, nothing more.

Please for the love of God can a mod delete this POS thread.
    I give a fuck, that's why I made a thread. And you clearly missed the point, because it's not about paladins mount speed but followers diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I give a fuck, that's why I made a thread. And you clearly missed the point, because it's not about paladins mount speed but followers diversity.
    Nothing is stopping you from using any follower you want. Nothing. Use the others. If we want to use Reghar, then that's what we'll do.

Why nerf the follower we enjoy using just to please you? You, literally the only person that would complain about having such an awesome follower.

JFC.

at 110 a lot of your travel is via flight points and whistle, the move speed is less important there then in leveling, but still nice

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    at 110 a lot of your travel is via flight points and whistle, the move speed is less important there then in leveling, but still nice
    Yea, while we're at it, can we just get rid of the whistle please? Why would I intentionally nerf myself by using one of my many ground mounts?

I'd really like to see more travel diversity within Legion!!!

Yea, while we're at it, can we just get rid of the whistle please? Why would I intentionally nerf myself by using one of my many ground mounts?

I'd really like to see more travel diversity within Legion!!!
    I see you are trying to be funny and ironic, but sadly your logic is flawed and this comparison doesn't hold. Whistle doesn't come at a cost of anything, everyone gets it and I don't have to make choices like "I either pick whistle or hearthstone". Now, the design of followers is to have a choice, and with Rehgars op ablity there is no choice, so I have to run with Rehgar until the end of expansion.

Irony can be funny, but you kinda have to be smart to use it properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see you are trying to be funny and ironic, but sadly your logic is flawed and this comparison doesn't hold. Whistle doesn't come at a cost of anything, everyone gets it and I don't have to make choices like "I either pick whistle or hearthstone". Now, the design of followers is to have a choice, and with Rehgars op ablity there is no choice, so I have to run with Rehgar until the end of expansion.

You don't HAVE to pick Reghar. He's bad in situations that you may need extra survivability. He's just good for marginally extra DPS or you're going to run around the Broken Isles farming. You're only looking at his strength and not his weakness. Nobundo is great for keeping you alive while fighting lots of mobs or harder rares.

I swap regularly between those two...

Thanks for the link. Downvoted.

My comment was meant to reflect the stupidity of your OP. I dug real deep to try and match it, but I feel like I still came up short.

Use other followers. It's as simple as that. Clearly you're not missing anything about the other combat allies, since you feel "forced" to use Reghar.

Your entire argument, if you want to call it that, is flawed. If Reghar had any application outside of just running around farming/questing, you would have a point. But he doesn't. He just lets you move fast in ghost wolf.

Nothing about that prevents you from having "follower diversity".

Get over yourself.

My comment was meant to reflect the stupidity of your OP. I dug real deep to try and match it, but I feel like I still came up short.

Use other followers. It's as simple as that. Clearly you're not missing anything about the other combat allies, since you feel "forced" to use Reghar.

Your entire argument, if you want to call it that, is flawed. If Reghar had any application outside of just running around farming/questing, you would have a point. But he doesn't. He just lets you move fast in ghost wolf.

Nothing about that prevents you from having "follower diversity".

Get over yourself.
    What's the point of using other followers? What do I get from using Mylra that I don't get when using Rehgar? Yes, I don't miss anything about other allies because they are terrible in comparison to Rehgar. That's not "follower diversity".

And I know what you were trying to do with your previous post, and you failed horribly, so you should probably stop trying to be witty.

What's the point of using other followers? What do I get from using Mylra that I don't get when using Rehgar? Yes, I don't miss anything about other allies because they are terrible in comparison to Rehgar. That's not "follower diversity".

And I know what you were trying to do with your previous post, and you failed horribly, so you should probably stop trying to be witty.
    So your goal is to nerf the one actual useful follower that we do have?

And I failed at nothing but ignoring your shit post. Luckily I can correct that mistake from here on out.

10+ Year Old Account

You keep using Myrla as your example, who I think we'll all agree is useless. You have NEVER addressed the benefits I've mentioned Nobundo grants you. And even Hydroxiss gives you a nice 3 minute Cooldown that increases your survivability and would arguably be more useful in something like PvP since you could trigger it. How useful would Reghar be in a PvP World Scenario? He's useless, the bonus speed disappears the moment you start fighting and you're left with sub par DPS that can be rooted/kited/CC'd.

So your goal is to nerf the one actual useful follower that we do have?

And I failed at nothing but ignoring your shit post. Luckily I can correct that mistake from here on out.
    Cool, I won't miss you in this thread. Cya.

as others have said they all are good at something, hes good at mining and herbing etc but his combat abilities are crap, in pvp the healing one is better, fighting aoe the dwarf is better a tiny bit as far as dps goes, and the all rounder is nobundo, they are all niche things so he doesnt need a nerf, you just need to focus on what the characters are good at rather than focusing only on rehgar. none of them are as good as the monks stun follower, ours need buffs not nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    You keep using Myrla as your example, who I think we'll all agree is useless. You have NEVER addressed the benefits I've mentioned Nobundo grants you. And even Hydroxiss gives you a nice 3 minute Cooldown that increases your survivability and would arguably be more useful in something like PvP since you could trigger it. How useful would Reghar be in a PvP World Scenario? He's useless, the bonus speed disappears the moment you start fighting and you're left with sub par DPS that can be rooted/kited/CC'd.
    Yes I see your point but I don't agree with that. Hydroxis is 2 minutes cd and world questing isn't demanding in my opinion so he is mostly just flavour that can save you once in a blue moon. I think both him and Nobundo are waaaay subpar compared to Rehgar and only slightly more useful than Mylra. I'm ok with you having different view on this though and I appreciate presenting it in a more constructive manner than most posters here.

Also Rehgar in my opinion is hands down the best pick for world pvp. Once you get out of combat you can get away from anyone or chase down anyone you want, not to mention that you can chase/run away inside buildings like no one else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    as others have said they all are good at something, hes good at mining and herbing etc but his combat abilities are crap, in pvp the healing one is better, fighting aoe the dwarf is better a tiny bit as far as dps goes, and the all rounder is nobundo, they are all niche things so he doesnt need a nerf, you just need to focus on what the characters are good at rather than focusing only on rehgar. none of them are as good as the monks stun follower, ours need buffs not nerfs
    Honestly Taran Zhu just needs a bloody nerf. Who thought a 10 second (or whatever it is, feels like that long) stun was a good idea. I got hit with that in the Ravencrest Arena for the PvP world daily like 3 times and it feels awful to get hit with.

Anyway, on topic...as mentioned the followers have their good sides and downsides. Myrla rocks AoE burst, Nobundo is great for consistent healing, Hydraxis gives you a cleanse and burst heal, and Reghar is amazing for moving around the world.

Yes I see your point but I don't agree with that. Hydroxis is 2 minutes cd and world questing isn't demanding in my opinion so he is mostly just flavour that can save you once in a blue moon. I think both him and Nobundo are waaaay subpar compared to Rehgar and only slightly more useful than Mylra. I'm ok with you having different view on this though and I appreciate presenting it in a more constructive manner than most posters here.

Also Rehgar in my opinion is hands down the best pick for world pvp. Once you get out of combat you can get away from anyone or chase down anyone you want, not to mention that you can chase/run away inside buildings like no one else.
    I disagree with Reghar for being a good world PvP pick. The moment you get hit you lose your bonus. Most classes have some way of hitting you at least once for a little bit from a distance. You're unlikely to get out of combat once that happens if the WPvP is significant enough. In addition only Elemental would get this benefit as Enhancement needs to get close anyway.
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2016-09-06 at 02:50 PM.

he is good for movement and like mining/herbing etc but his combat help is pretty weak compared to some others

so OP basically admits he doesnt actually solo or 2man any of the higher health world quest bosses, alright, no wonder he sees only 1 choice, he avoids remotely challenging solo content or pulling every mob he can see and taking a ton of damage before cap totem goes off while trying to aoe them down

this makes rehgar his only choice with ANY benefit, thus they must make rehgar bad so he can choose between 4 choices that completely don't matter to suit him and his cosmetic needs (and then nerf nobunodo and hydraxxis after that too cause they're too far superior to the other bodyguards)

finally figured this out

that said though gryphon lady could really take a buff

on a side note, op, there are addons and easily manipulated game files that can adjust rehgar's model
    Last edited by ryklin; 2016-09-06 at 03:21 PM.

Wow, this thread is a train-wreck. OP comes and shares a topic that someone else (allegedly) posted, asks for opinions and he get thrashed and flamed to heck and back?
    Quite honestly, it's reasonable to have it nerfed. If it is really 130% speed instant 'mount', it is too much. It pigeon holes you into one follower. All your attempts at saying otherwise is just because you don't want to see it. I'm not far enough along with my class campaign to check anything out for myself.
    But I get it. I played shaman as a main Sunwell (without getting sat!) through Cataclysm (after which I quit until March 2016) I saw a lot of nerfs and not a whole lot of other things. I would also be sensitive to more nerfs. If something is overpowered, it needs not to be.
    But this, objectively, sounds a bit strong. And worst of all, limits choice. Which is a modern day cardinal sin with Blizzard
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    It does seem overly useful, but it doesn't really effect gameplay for anyone else. If it does, I'd like to hear about it.
    Utility that is far and beyond what the other classes can do has historically been taken away from them.
    Blizzard doesn't like that for some reason. Rogue and pick pocket comes to mind. That was able to give you some cool stuff and even some extra (minor) cash flow. Now it gives you 4-30 copper per.