They left a Zero out in mind sear damage formulae

That's the only logical explanation.

Deleted
    Nah, shadow priest dps on 4 mob packs would be completely ridiculous. Mindsear is just meant to be a mindflay filler for the aoe rotation. Shadow does not have a good tool for mass aoe, and that's fine because they excel at other things.

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Nah, shadow priest dps on 4 mob packs would be completely ridiculous. Mindsear is just meant to be a mindflay filler for the aoe rotation. Shadow does not have a good tool for mass aoe, and that's fine because they excel at other things.
    Lol, like what? ST dps where you die every fight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    aoe dmg on 4 mob packs would be ridiculous? You are implying a buff to mind seer would give us stronger cleave than DHs, hunters, mages etc? Lmao

There's a cap on how many targets you can reasonably cleave with dots while dpsing.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by QuestionsQuestions View Post
    aoe dmg on 4 mob packs would be ridiculous? You are implying a buff to mind seer would give us stronger cleave than DHs, hunters, mages etc? Lmao
    Shadow priest dps on high health mob packs with ~4 mobs is already comparable to all of those classes (except possibly DH) when played properly. If you buffed our filler by a factor of 10, you better believe it would bring us ahead of the pack, which might not be what blizzard has intended for shadow priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Lol, like what? ST dps where you die every fight?
    Yes. Single target DPS where you die the moment the boss dies, meaning the death is completely irrelevant(and if you Surrender earlier, it's because you dying is worth it to push a phase or something, meaning your contribution was valuable). Anything with multiple long-living targets as well.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

SPs need a way to AoE DoT, like a separate DoT that's applied on every target. Mind Sear is AoE Mind Flay, there needs to be an AoE DoT too.

I sympathise, but i don't see a solution without Priest being over the top. Pray you get the legendary ring, because i'm pretty sure that makes Shadow vastly better in dungeons because they have an instant 4 full sets of dots to juggle with Void Bolt. A baseline dot spread would just be overpowered.

Deleted
    They should buff mind sear to scale with the number of targets hit (maybe via a buff on the player) so that it can do a decent amount of damage against large groups while not replacing DoTs and Mind Flay with 3 targets or less.
    Unfortunately I doubt Blizzard will fix our AoE any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    I sympathise, but i don't see a solution without Priest being over the top. Pray you get the legendary ring, because i'm pretty sure that makes Shadow vastly better in dungeons because they have an instant 4 full sets of dots to juggle with Void Bolt. A baseline dot spread would just be overpowered.
    Not a DoT spread, but a separate DoT that works for AoE. Think Sunfury, but with a better direct damage component (Shadow Crash?).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lloewe View Post
    They should buff mind sear to scale with the number of targets hit (maybe via a buff on the player) so that it can do a decent amount of damage against large groups while not replacing DoTs and Mind Flay with 3 targets or less.
    Unfortunately I doubt Blizzard will fix our AoE any time soon.
    This honestly sounds like a great option. Maybe if the mind sear, when hitting more than 4 (or some other fitting number) mobs adds an extra effect after every pulse which also does AOE damage. It would definitely cover the most problematic shadow priest case, which is handling tons of low hp enemies and it wouldn't affect the situations where we are already mostly good.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    SPs need a way to AoE DoT, like a separate DoT that's applied on every target. Mind Sear is AoE Mind Flay, there needs to be an AoE DoT too.
    You know, generally I like them to not be able to so easily 'multi-dot'. But I just had an idea with Insanity... Maybe a Void Form Only AoE that CONSUMES mass amounts of Insanity. It'd be a cost worth paying to quickly AoE dot, and wouldn't just make them 'fire and forget' AoE.

What if: Mind sear causes each target to "echo" a portion of the damage to surrounding enemies - at say 50%, 1 target will do nothing, 2 targets will take 100% + 50% echo (150% each), at 3 targets it's 100% + 100% echo (200%), so on and so forth. Scale that number to suit.

This way it has good damage at higher add numbers, but is weaker at lower targets and won't replace mind flay until 4+ targets.
    Last edited by Rumstein; 2016-09-08 at 05:25 AM.

1.Shadow Crash baseline.
    2.Shadow crash trait offers some mechanic for SC to spread our 2 dots or have its CD reduced while channeling MS.

And still we will not reach the 250K aoe dps of the tanks. Also why do we even have a cast time for VT anyway?

Deleted
    I love how there's a honor talent that has a 25% chance on every Mind Sear tick to inflict the target with SW:P, but that there's absolutely no PvE counterpart.