Withered Army Training

Main balance druid/offspec resto and have done the withered army stuff once and did pretty bad although I didn't really know what I was doing. Seen a lot of videos that you basically faceroll as a tank so are people swapping to guardian for this or has anyone had decent luck as balance? Obviously resto is out as you can't heal the withered.

Signature Created by Jassinta

I do it as Balance. I pull in small groups and with 20+ withered things melt pretty quick. Leystalker is really the only tricky one but with bash and roots I usually can burst him down before he does too much damage. It gets easier with the upgrades and requires some planning but once you get the hang of it its not too bad.

I'd imagine it would be easier as guardian but I'd rather do it with the spec I'm most comfortable with for now. And yeah I can't imagine doing it as a healer.

I also tried in Balance, went incredibly terrible. I got the the room requiring 10 warriors, lost almost all of them while clearing it so I couldn't even grab the chest. It's ridiculous. When I tried one more time to just push as far as I can, I got stuck at the 3Xmil HP guy, just couldn't solo that.

Deleted
    First 2 tries i went as balance and it was horrible but i was just playing it wrong.

Take your time with mobs and pulling. make sure to switch your withered to beserk when attacking mobs and swapping back once its over.

Save burst for the big exploding adds once they are 30% they start casting you can either bash them or burst before they cast.

Go with the max amount of withered every time if possible it makes it a hell of alot easier. Go to the vineyards and farm some AP until your cap. Get handy notes and go find all of the +100 cap items there are 5 of them.

I took Force of nature too which imo helped out alot
    Last edited by mmoc343814da7d; 2016-09-06 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crewsix View Post
    I do it as Balance. I pull in small groups and with 20+ withered things melt pretty quick. Leystalker is really the only tricky one but with bash and roots I usually can burst him down before he does too much damage. It gets easier with the upgrades and requires some planning but once you get the hang of it its not too bad.

I'd imagine it would be easier as guardian but I'd rather do it with the spec I'm most comfortable with for now. And yeah I can't imagine doing it as a healer.
    Are your withered pretty upgraded? Also, what ilevel are you as balance?

Balance works very well provided you pull slowlly and methodically FoE with incarnation is perfect for burning the arcane adds plus running typhoon allows a pushback when it starts to cast its explosion. Just slow pull small adds and spam sunfire until 100 AP and CDs before pulling the arcanes... makes them a joke

I think now that I have a better grasp on it I'll do better. It seems like you want to ignore the big guys and pull slowly. My issue was I had no idea what frenzy did for them since there is no tutorial or any info on this quest when you zone in so I kept it on. Also, I tried healing a wither and watched his health go down so I thought they died over time with decaying health so I rushed. I should be able to do much better now that I have a better grasp of what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Obviously resto is out as you can't heal the withered.

EDIT: This has been proven false. Sorry. -----You CAN heal them if you are in healer spec.-----

You CANNOT heal with healing spells while in a dps or tank spec.

Go as tank, don't be overzealous with the enrage, be ok with doing poorly until you have upgrades. Your goal for the first should be 2xTreasure Chest and 1xGlimmering Chest. Then after you get 25% health and damage upgrade (and hopefully a zerker), collect the rest of the chests.

You can get a max of only 425 rep anyway, which is attainable with a score as low as 350 I believe...
    Last edited by Kristoffersin; 2016-09-07 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoffersin View Post
    You CAN heal them if you are in healer spec.
    Are you sure about this? Literally everything I read says you can't and even in the priest forum people are bitching that this place is darn near impossible for them because of not being able to heal.

When I healed mine (windwalker spamming flash heal) they simply lost health until they were back at their previous level.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    When I healed mine (windwalker spamming flash heal) they simply lost health until they were back at their previous level.
    He did say specifically you need to be in a healer spec.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Are your withered pretty upgraded? Also, what ilevel are you as balance?
    Yeah I have 3 glimmering and 2 normal chests.

Also 840 ilvl as balance which helps

I main feral, but I tried it yesterday as guardian. It felt safer but a bit too slow for me.
    As a feral I just kite bosses, with full bleeds and withered hitting they die a bit faster. Getting most of the withered before killing bosses works good aswell.
    I'd focus on getting the chests for better withered, atleast one upgrade to withered per run is a win imo. There is no time limit so taking it safely with pulling is smart.

If you can actually heal the withered as resto, might try that since it sounds fun.
    Hi

Cleared it as Guardian (main spec) on the third try already, apart from the Arcane boss. So that's about 5 bosses down, got 3 big chests, 3 small and the main one. It's really, REALLY easy as Guardian. To people saying it's too slow - you aren't there to DPS, you are there to (crowd) control the monsters while your army takes them out.

Oh and I only had a single 25% health upgrade and 1 mana-rager on the third try, so it's not like I had a lot of upgrades yet. Did get 2 berserkers, 1 mana-rager and a 25% damage increase by completing the scenario though (completing as in, went through the whole thing and got to the beacon).

If you're having trouble, you definitely should give Guardian a try. Pick Brambles to tank a bit better, charge to CC more, Resto affinity to heal more (feral is useless, withered will be too slow), mighty bash for more CC and Lunar Beam for nice healing amount and AoEing shit down.

And no, healing doesn't work, even as a healer spec. It says you heal them but they immediately drop down to their original health again.

Did it easily with Guardian though I did lose half my army at Elfbane and the spider boss at the end cause I was trying to do too many things at once.. next time ill do it better, Dro was easy and I had 36 withered at that point.

Got myself all the chests I needed from the 5 costs, next time ill rake in hopefully 3 10 cost chests.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I went in yesterday as Restoration on my first run and they did not remain healed when I healed them. Had to switch to Balance in order to do something.