Splitting Artifact Weapon AP This Early

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask everyone if it would be wise to split our artifact's power between 2 weapons this early in the game?

I'm currently destruction, as affliction was just not cutting it for my liking in the current 5man heroics. In Sargeras scepter, following the destruction guide in this forum, my next trait is the golden conflag trait at ~12k AP needed. However, I like the fantasy of Demonology warlocks and the damage they can do in the current 5 mans is not too shabby.

I'm not in a raiding guild currently and don't plan to because of time constraints, but that does not mean I like to suck. I've always been a player that takes pride in being good in any game and this game is no different.

Thank you.

I think that without raiding then you don't really have to have the best possible artifact for when raids hit, so I would suggest you just do what you like. In a month or so the first 20 ranks will be a joke with the research levels.

1 trait on your main weapon is not going to be the difference between sucking and not sucking. Those 12k points however can make a large difference on your second weapon.

Deleted
    Two? Try three.

I was a bit cynical about the people claiming to go 16/16/16, but it seems the best route.

Currently 16/15/8 - the destruction artifact in particular seems easy to divert into the other two since (if you take the top path before ripper), you're left with ROF / tiny incinerate buffs as you're next talents vs getting quite a bit in the other artifacts.

I'll happily invest in the other two when the costs are so high for such marginal gains whereas investing in the offspecs has some pretty nice power increases. By the time the other two are beefed up to usable levels the AK will be kicking in and making the destruction artifact less costly to finish off.

I just hit 16 points in my destro weapon with 2 of the gold talents today. I also pulled my first artifact research today. My plan going forward is to go at least up to the first gold ability in my demo weapon before going back.

Deleted
    i decided to up 2 artifact a t the same time, affli and destru
    currently having 2 gold point in each one

ys i'll lose 2 or 3 point when raid begin but i really think being able to switch spec and adapt to the fight can make you win more dps, than a few points

currently in mythic, i switch for each boss
    aoe in affli, when it's godlike
    mono or 2 target in destro

this way in manage to be in a really good place, despite the current state of warlock, whatever the situation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    ys i'll lose 2 or 3 point when raid begin but i really think being able to switch spec and adapt to the fight can make you win more dps, than a few points
    Which in destruction's case is what, a minuscule amount of incinerate damage or some ROF damage?