Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Dungeons do not feel rewarding enough.

So, I hit 110, rand about 5 normal instances, got 1 piece of loot. Looked at the world quests and saw about 5 pieces ready to go get 810-820, in less time than one dungeon would have taken I got those 5 pieces.

Just now I had 2 quests for a 820 neck and 815 ring, I had to kill one mob, and catch some squirrels, took 5 min.

Does any one else feel that dungeons feel a bit unrewarding?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    So, I hit 110, rand about 5 normal instances, got 1 piece of loot. Looked at the world quests and saw about 5 pieces ready to go get 810-820, in less time than one dungeon would have taken I got those 5 pieces.

Just now I had 2 quests for a 820 neck and 815 ring, I had to kill one mob, and catch some squirrels, took 5 min.

Normal dungeons are not really intended for 110s. You can run a few to get the last pieces you need for heroics. Also, WQs are scaled to your ilevel so if you were in 805+ gear your WQ would be scaled much higher than a normal dungeon which I believe is around 800 or lower.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    Don't forget.. Mythic dungeons and soon mythic+ to reward higher item level gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic dungeons regularly give 825 to 835 loot and mythic dungeons give 840. Im not sure how high mythics can scale atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Heroic dungeons regularly give 825 to 835 loot and mythic dungeons give 840. Im not sure how high mythics can scale atm.
    So do world quests. Got a better relic from a ~5 minutes world quest than from running all mythics over three or four hours. But well that's what the plebs want can't really change that.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Normal dungeons are not really intended for 110s. You can run a few to get the last pieces you need for heroics. Also, WQs are scaled to your ilevel so if you were in 805+ gear your WQ would be scaled much higher than a normal dungeon which I believe is around 800 or lower.
    But if WQs scale to Ilvl and drop rates in Heroics and Mythics are the same as normal's....WQs will still reward more for a great deal less effort.

I have always love to tank dungeons, but so far its all felt like a waste of time. Running a couple with no loot at all vs doing one quest and getting a 840 for clicking a few eggs and killing a couple of bears......it just feels like there should be more for doing a dungeon.

Its 20-45 min of 100% activity with the possibility of getting nothing for that time spent.

But if WQs scale to Ilvl and drop rates in Heroics and Mythics are the same as normal's....WQs will still reward more for a great deal less effort.

I have always love to tank dungeons, but so far its all felt like a waste of time. Running a couple with no loot at all vs doing one quest and getting a 840 for clicking a few eggs and killing a couple of bears......it just feels like there should be more for doing a dungeon.

Its 20-45 min of 100% activity with the possibility of getting nothing for that time spent.
    Check in the group finder for plate or leather only groups (depending on what tank you are). Everyone shares what they aren't going to use and you can gear up really quick with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was a bit bummed out until I got some amazing upgraded drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Check in the group finder for plate or leather only groups (depending on what tank you are). Everyone shares what they aren't going to use and you can gear up really quick with that.
    Well, thats an interesting work around and I will look into that. But it doesn't address the underlying issue though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    So do world quests. Got a better relic from a ~5 minutes world quest than from running all mythics over three hours.
    Difference being WQ scale with your Ilvl, so in order to get 830, you have to be 820+.
    You can enter and actually complete a Mythic dungeon in 800ish gear, 810 being more reasonable. This would reward you with aprox 1 840 a run, compared to 815 gear in WQs, that do eventually run out of gear while still having gold and AP rewards all over the map.

I kind of feel the same way but I think it's because of my shit luck. I've done nearly 20 heroics, got a ring from my first and not a single damn thing since then. Except more rings that are worse than what I have. I've gotten maybe half a dozen pieces of gear from heroics so far and they have ALL been fucking rings and belts that are worse than what I have. Not even joking, just rings over and over and over again. I feel like I'm being trolled by Blizzard.

Yeah my luck is awful I ran heroics all day yesterday, only 2 pieces of gear dropped for me out of 8-10 heroic runs, and 1 piece i already had better from class hall.

Well, thats an interesting work around and I will look into that. But it doesn't address the underlying issue though.
    There is no underlying issue. World quests only pop up with gear every so often. The majority of gear on all the mains in my guild is from heroic/mythic with a handful of world quest rewards.

There is nothing wrong with world quests giving decent gear since you cannot endlessly farm them the same way you can heroic dungeons.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

HeyGuys Normal dungeon here.

I have been feeling like the normal dungeons aren't providing me with what I need to get to ilvl810, but then again neither are the world quests. So far I've done all the emissary stuff and as many of the world quests that pop up and only got a cape and a helm, both ilvl 785 when I'm as 804. It probably just my continuing bad luck though, hopefully I can turn it around before raids open next week.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

Deleted
    Mythic dungeons are pretty easy, they're meant to take the place of WOD's heroic dungeons.

If normal / heroic dungeons feel unrewarding, it's probably because they're meant to be - Mythic dungeons are where it's at, and for the rest of your gear, you need to go out into the world instead of queuing for an instance from Org.

Isn't that what people have been asking for for years?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    I have been feeling like the normal dungeons aren't providing me with what I need to get to ilvl810, but then again neither are the world quests. So far I've done all the emissary stuff and as many of the world quests that pop up and only got a cape and a helm, both ilvl 785 when I'm as 804. It probably just my continuing bad luck though, hopefully I can turn it around before raids open next week.
    We just got a group together and ran to all the heroic dungeons to get to 810 ilvl and queue.

Running any dungeons/gearing up feels pointless when there's so much gold to be made and we don't even start raiding until September 20th lol
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    hopefully I can turn it around before raids open next week.
    Raids don't open for another two weeks, on the 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Raids don't open for another two weeks, on the 20th.
    Well thats even better, Maybe I'll have time to power up my OS and OOS artifacts too. If my luck improves.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.