Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They can drop 850. Get a clue man. How can they be any more rewarding?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

ilvl 846 here, done 8/8 mythics, got 2 trinket and a relic from 8 dungeons, i wouldnt call that rewarding, i've rather made crafted gear for myself with bis stats and obliterum :/

Normal dungeons are kind of lame. The XP is terrible for leveling, and at 110 you're lucky to get 1 drop per dungeon for an hour long queue. World quests are dramatically more efficient for gearing up for heroics, where the queue is 10 minutes or so. In MoP and earlier, dungeons used to be worth running once when leveling for the XP and gear from dungeon quests that you got at the door but this hasn't been the case since WoD.

The dungeons themselves though are amazing, best crop of dungeons since WotLK at least.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

The idea is not to run 1 dungeon and get a full set of gear.

Welcome to the grind.

I don't want to do dungeons because of the terds you have to deal with. Like the DH tank that after every pull is spamming whatever dps meter showing he's don't the most healing..... Well no crap sherlock your rotation has tons of self healing. Maybe the our healing is not needing to heal and is dpsing.... Thanks for running off the healer... sit in queue more... This is on trash mind you..

*sigh* Finnally queue in as dps and get a crap group. Fun times!

I've found heroics to feel kind of unrewarding relative to the time spent, more than anything. They really, really went insane with the trash in most of the new dungeons. In probably 70% of cases, the trash is harder to deal with than any of the bosses in the dungeons. (Again, basing this only on normal/heroic)

Either they should do something about that, to make them go a little faster, or give some extra rewards for completing one. Maybe some OH resources or something? Or make the final boss always a guaranteed drop?

TBH, It's kinda disheartening that I've already gotten an ilvl of 835 and I haven't even done every dungeon on heroic yet, and the others I've pretty much only done once and I think I've gotten maybe two or three drops from heroics total.

But it's totally a reward vs time issue. I just hope they don't come in and beat the shit out of world quest rewards to "balance it out". Which is what I'll fear they'll do. The game needs world quests. It's getting people out in the world way more than anything has ever before, and it only works when they're actually rewarding.

On the subject of the actual dungeons, they are amazing. Prolly the best set in forever.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    kinda scared of heroic dungeons, cause even normals give the few moments of shit when the pugs consists of 3 retard dds who give no shit about standing into the trash/boss aoe and 1 retard tank who rushes forward throught the bunch of trash aggroing even those that could be easily avoided. I'm a healer ofc. I'm scared of heroics.

Ya as it stands Mythic's are not rewarding enough for the effort you have to put in.

To be clear I mean for pugs.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    They can drop 850. Get a clue man. How can they be any more rewarding?
    Iv run about 10 dungeons with a grand total of 2 drops. I did 6 WQs with a total of 6 pieces of loot, from 820-840. It took less time to do that than it did to run a single dungeon.

So about 4-5 hours of time spent where I need to be doing stuff the entire time vs ~45 min of questing where I can largely not be paying attention. There is a discrepancy between time spent for reward gained there.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Iv run about 10 dungeons with a grand total of 2 drops. I did 6 WQs with a total of 6 pieces of loot, from 820-840. It took less time to do that than it did to run a single dungeon.

So about 4-5 hours of time spent where I need to be doing stuff the entire time vs ~45 min of questing where I can largely not be paying attention. There is a discrepancy between time spent for reward gained there.
    so and? u can repeat hc's over and over for well lucky 850 proc .. can u run the same WQ again with loot? u get like 2-4 items per day with loot in WQ which u have to be lucky that they are useful for u..and well fuck normal u run them 3-4 times for hc rdy and there u go

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    The idea is not to run 1 dungeon and get a full set of gear.

Welcome to the grind.
    Id be happy with one PIECE per 2 runs, so far, my experience and that of my friends is one piece every 4 runs or so.

I have been playing WOW for 11 years. Grinding is not an issue. Its that one activity is far less rewarding for time and effort spent.

Just today I had a 820 neck quest, I have to click 15 nuts and 10 squirrel in a town, it took all of 5 min and there was no danger at all. That neck rolled up to 840.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    so and? u can repeat hc's over and over for well lucky 850 proc .. can u run the same WQ again with loot? u get like 2-4 items per day with loot in WQ which u have to be lucky that they are useful for u..and well fuck normal u run them 3-4 times for hc rdy and there u go
    I ran 10 normals with 2 drops, both worthless. I did a handful of WQs and was Heroic ready. Not yet jumped into heroics as Im waiting on a few friends to catch up and I had a busy weekend. If the drop rates are the same, I still imagine WQs will be more rewarding. As for "You can run HCs over and over".....I got a life too, if one activity take 25-45 min to run with a high chance of NO rewards vs a 10 min activity with a 100% chance of loot......

SO far, all the hours I have spent in dungeons have felt like wasted time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I've found heroics to feel kind of unrewarding relative to the time spent, more than anything. They really, really went insane with the trash in most of the new dungeons. In probably 70% of cases, the trash is harder to deal with than any of the bosses in the dungeons. (Again, basing this only on normal/heroic)

Either they should do something about that, to make them go a little faster, or give some extra rewards for completing one. Maybe some OH resources or something? Or make the final boss always a guaranteed drop?

TBH, It's kinda disheartening that I've already gotten an ilvl of 835 and I haven't even done every dungeon on heroic yet, and the others I've pretty much only done once and I think I've gotten maybe two or three drops from heroics total.

But it's totally a reward vs time issue. I just hope they don't come in and beat the shit out of world quest rewards to "balance it out". Which is what I'll fear they'll do. The game needs world quests. It's getting people out in the world way more than anything has ever before, and it only works when they're actually rewarding.

On the subject of the actual dungeons, they are amazing. Prolly the best set in forever.
    This guy...this guy gets it.

I hope they buff Drop rates in dungeons and not nerf WQs. 100% chance for loot from last boss would be perfect.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I will admit that I've felt the same luck as a lot of people here. I've ended many a dungeon having looted 30 gold and 70 AP from bosses. Having multiple dungeons go with zero items looted can be frustrating. I feel like the drop rate on items is incredibly low.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I don't want to do dungeons because of the terds you have to deal with. Like the DH tank that after every pull is spamming whatever dps meter showing he's don't the most healing..... Well no crap sherlock your rotation has tons of self healing. Maybe the our healing is not needing to heal and is dpsing.... Thanks for running off the healer... sit in queue more... This is on trash mind you..

*sigh* Finnally queue in as dps and get a crap group. Fun times!
    Same problem to some degree. Haven't had a dps meter spamming tank yet, but I love the DH ones that run in, glide down a steep hill or off a cliff (even better), go around a corner, and aggro 2 groups while the rest of us are running to catch up and the healer hasn't even zoned in yet. I used to love healing pugs in WotLK and Cata, but I stopped before WoD and based on the behavior I've seen in my last 8 or so runs there's no way I'm going to be doing it this xpac either. (Also... I love that 3 days into the expansion some tanks were skipping bosses already. Gogogogogogo.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    kinda scared of heroic dungeons, cause even normals give the few moments of shit when the pugs consists of 3 retard dds who give no shit about standing into the trash/boss aoe and 1 retard tank who rushes forward throught the bunch of trash aggroing even those that could be easily avoided. I'm a healer ofc. I'm scared of heroics.
    ^ This. I feel for you.

/HUG

I found normals handy to run at least once as a tank to get a feel for the dungeon in an environment where it wouldn't really matter if I screwed up, and to grab a few easy pieces to flesh out my set when I first hit 110 before I had opened up WQs.

Beyond that, yeah, 110s are really supposed to transition upward into heroics and move on from there.

Deleted
    It's not the dungeons that aren't rewarding, it's the PL system that is extremely unrewarding. If you are in a guild group, use Group Loot.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    go around a corner, and aggro 2 groups while the rest of us are running to catch up and the healer hasn't even zoned in yet.
    Thats shit happened to me few days ago, when the tank aggroed the boss while only me and one dd were near. The boss area after that was closed with roots or shit (Darkheart Thicket) and we fought the boss in three faces (me, idiot and one dd), while other 2 dds waited outside the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It's not the dungeons that aren't rewarding, it's the PL system that is extremely unrewarding. If you are in a guild group, use Group Loot.
    I disagree - PL is the best thing that has ever happened to LFG. No more ninja looters and no more nothing but cloth dropping with 4 plate in the group - good riddance. I have even given people items I didn't need from PL because they added trading - there needs to be a guaranteed drop from the last boss imo.

So, I hit 110, rand about 5 normal instances, got 1 piece of loot. Looked at the world quests and saw about 5 pieces ready to go get 810-820, in less time than one dungeon would have taken I got those 5 pieces.

Just now I had 2 quests for a 820 neck and 815 ring, I had to kill one mob, and catch some squirrels, took 5 min.

Does any one else feel that dungeons feel a bit unrewarding?
    No you're completely wrong.

So, I hit 110, rand about 5 normal instances, got 1 piece of loot. Looked at the world quests and saw about 5 pieces ready to go get 810-820, in less time than one dungeon would have taken I got those 5 pieces.

Just now I had 2 quests for a 820 neck and 815 ring, I had to kill one mob, and catch some squirrels, took 5 min.

Does any one else feel that dungeons feel a bit unrewarding?
    Let me break this down so it's in more realistic terms.

No, it didn't. First, if you're going to discuss the amount of time something took to complete the task then be accurate with how much time it took. Even if you're a mage with Teleportation Nexus (you just hit 110 so you either don't have this or have no idea what it is anyway) it would still take around 5 minutes to at least travel to the quest location.

Squirrel quest can be brief or long. Depends how many people were also there and if it was your first time doing it.

Next...

So, I hit 110, rand about 5 normal instances, got 1 piece of loot.
    Sucks to be you. RNGesus gave me at least a piece of loot in the first dungeons I ran.

Looked at the world quests and saw about 5 pieces ready to go get 810-820
    Yes that was the point of world quests. Believe it or not there was a time when we didn't have these amazing free loot quests!

in less time than one dungeon would have taken I got those 5 pieces.
    Oh is that a fact? I already know your perspective of time has been warped to suit this complaint. I'm going to say that's very doubtful. Keep whining for that instant gratification and get looped in with the millennial crowd. Maybe try some formatting on your post in the future troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya as it stands Mythic's are not rewarding enough for the effort you have to put in.

To be clear I mean for pugs.
    Make friends and join a guild.

I honestly have no idea what game you people in this thread are playing, it's not Legion though. These complaints about dungeons "not being rewarding enough" is the opposite of reality.

I feel dungeons are TOO rewarding, but world quests are worth doing.
    Last edited by ShiyoKozuki; 2016-09-06 at 07:42 PM.