Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    It's awesome untill you try to get the Elite for the pvp quests... And sitting 20+ people waiting for a 10 min spawner just for having only 1 person or so get tag..

They're starting to lose their appeal for me. Four chests.. all resources. I don't need resources.. I need some gear. I'm 803. Come on. Throw me a bone.

Oh.. queue for the dungeon that has a nice 825+ heroic piece you say.. 45 minute queue so far as DPS for that specific dungeon. Am I doing something wrong here?

I wouldn't mind but this is the second night I've tried to queue for it and it expires tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmone View Post
    They are the same (not sure how you dont see the similarities?) and I never implied it was bad. I like them.
    They're not the same.

Fates are virtually the same all over: a level-based Rift-like battle where you just kill a bunch of things until the Fate bar fills up. That's it. You can downgrade your level to match it, but you can't really do the higher ones at low level. A few require turn-ins during the Fate, but you're still participating in a big free-for-all.

World quests are quests that require killing specific people, performing actions through vehicles, collecting items, entering dungeons to complete portions of it with rare spawns, or killing a set group of monsters. While there are some similarities in that you usually have to kill something, world quests cannot be repeated over and over (unlike Fates), are not group-based (unlike Fates), do not have weighted contribution rewards (unlike Fates), and reward specific items such as gear, power, gold, or resources (unlike Fates).

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a little too early to declare undying love for anything in Legion but BOY am I inclined to agree with the OP! I'm loving these World Quests, all of them, the super strong elite Warden rares, the pvp arenas, the random weird quests that have you control vrykul ships or turn into a bear and yell hunters to death, all of them!

I also gotta say the ability to trade drops inside dungeons is pretty high on my list of favorite additions. I was very lucky with Mythic dungeon drops on my first week, so most of the gear I get in heroics is useless now but I still do them because of all the artifact power you can get (and because I find them fun). It's incredible how people are less likely to be dicks to you for no reason if you show some willingness to hand out the gear you don't need. There's been some actual camaraderie happening in heroics now, even among pugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Best addition to the game? I don't think so. Really they are just glorified dailies. If they updated them to give better and better rewards as Legion went on then that would be great but to me still not the best. One thing i hate about them is they give so little rep. Would much rather have rep dailies back or even the tabard.
    So far the rewards are scaling up with my itemlevel (giving items a bit above my average itemlevel), so it's safe to assume they'll keep scaling up as Legion goes on, as for rep, i got 1500 or so rep for retrieving my 4-quests package yesterday (For Highmountain IIRC, i assume it's similar for the other factions.

I'm sure the novelty will eventually wear off (As happens with everything), but with the sheer amount of possible world quests it looks like it will take a while for the "Oh god, not this quest again!"-phase to kick in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    They're starting to lose their appeal for me. Four chests.. all resources. I don't need resources.. I need some gear. I'm 803. Come on. Throw me a bone.

Oh.. queue for the dungeon that has a nice 825+ heroic piece you say.. 45 minute queue so far as DPS for that specific dungeon. Am I doing something wrong here?

I wouldn't mind but this is the second night I've tried to queue for it and it expires tomorrow.
    Yeah, the chest haven't been really rewarding for me either -- though I was under the assumption that WQs chests would only provide gear.

So far I'm liking them, but as soon as they repeat they start to wear on me. Honestly every thing I really enjoy about world quests is just a side effect of shared tagging, so I'll give the reward of best feature in wow to.... flex raiding because that's still awesome.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post

Form a group of people around your level and walk to a heroic dungeon. You need to be ilvl810 to queue for it, but you can zone in if you walk there. The 810 requirement is way to high if you ask me, a group of 800 can easily do them and you'll come out with good enough gear to queue after it. Queues for heroic dungeons rarely go beyond 10 minutes for me and I play a rogue.

I like world quest, they're awesome. Except for a couple of them where mobs have a 5+ minute respawn, have high ilvl rewards and usually have 20+ people waiting for the npc (you can only tag with 5 people max). Literally 5 people complete, 10 more people join by the time of the next respawn. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the ridiculous respawn timers are a bug though.

The quests I'm talking about are the PvP ones. Just spent 20 minutes trying to tab 1 npc, just because it gives an 840+ relic. Blizzard pls... >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I like world quest, they're awesome. Except for a couple of them where mobs have a 5+ minute respawn, have high ilvl rewards and usually have 20+ people waiting for the npc (you can only tag with 5 people max). Literally 5 people complete, 10 more people join by the time of the next respawn. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the ridiculous respawn timers are a bug though.

The quests I'm talking about are the PvP ones. Just spent 20 minutes trying to tab 1 npc, just because it gives an 840+ relic. Blizzard pls... >.>
    You're talking about the captain on the towers right? Yeah, the respawn timer on those guys is way too long. I've done some real hopping to finish those faster, hopefully Blizzard will tinker with their timers so we don't have to do that anymore.

The quest Clear Skyes in Suramar also needs to have cannons spawning faster so we can shoot those fel bats!

Deleted
    There will always be repetitive grinding in an MMO. You can never get rid of it completely. World Quests are great and definitely better than normal dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmone View Post
    They are the same (not sure how you dont see the similarities?) and I never implied it was bad. I like them.
    They're not even close, and I actually prefer FATEs.

FATEs are limited time and anyone can join in and contribute. World Quests last the entire day and most of them are personal quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    You're talking about the captain on the towers right? Yeah, the respawn timer on those guys is way too long. I've done some real hopping to finish those faster, hopefully Blizzard will tinker with their timers so we don't have to do that anymore.

The quest Clear Skyes in Suramar also needs to have cannons spawning faster so we can shoot those fel bats!
    Yup, the captains. It's bearable if the rewards are normal (just PvP pieces, gold or Artifact Power) but when it rewards a relic, which everyone is gonna want, it's just insane.

At first I was sceptic, but then I realized it's around 5% per kill/whatever.
    Not to mention you only need to hit the mob and you'll get the %.

All in all, I like it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A+ work on the world quests, just feel like there being 4 at a time in a zone is a little... too few when doing emissary quests.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Like LFR in Dragon Soul and MoP, it is FOTM right now.

As soon as the gear don't upgrade to epic, everyone will hate it !
    It is no different from "daily for rep".

Oh yeah, time-gated dailies are super and we definitely won't get bored with them at all. Garrison resources are a super compelling reward.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Not the best thing but it's a good way to do dailies spread out over time, the zone scaling is one of the better things they put in that doesn't get a lot of credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing them for daily rep is already getting monotonous, but I still enjoy most of them as long as I'm not doing it solely for the rep.

Especially the Wanted WQs and the Withered Army Training one.

I personally love it. The best thing to ever come to WoW in my opinion is transmog, but I'm a transmog junky. Overall though, I absolutely love world quests. It's a bit annoying that some quests (like killing the tough guys for AP aka sea King and some others) don't count if you're in a raid group, but it's not hard doing it with 1 tank 1 healer and 3 dps. Usually more people join in too, but either way it's fine.

World quests really do get me out into the world (duh) which I absolutely love. If I weren't doing professions in past expacs I would normally be twiddling my thumbs in the capital city but now I can go out and do shit in the world. Then when I'm done with that I can do some dungeons along with suramar stuff.

TLDR: I love world quests. They've fulfilled their purpose, I just hope they'll last for the expansion. I also hope that they somehow find a way to integrate scaling into the world somehow and make it interesting, but that'd be way later.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Best addition to the game? I don't think so. Really they are just glorified dailies. If they updated them to give better and better rewards as Legion went on then that would be great but to me still not the best. One thing i hate about them is they give so little rep. Would much rather have rep dailies back or even the tabard.
    I think they scale with your item level so WQ's gonna be relevant throughout the expansion.