Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I haven't experienced 20+ years relationships, but I was 28 when my gf was 17, and then last year I had a 10 year older gf (she was 41, I was 31). Probably not going to stop there, I was always attracted to larger age gap, regardless if she's younger or older.
    Pretty much all young girls who date much older guys have daddy issues.
    lol thats that pedo stuff thr

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    Young girls good for sex thats about it
    One would assume that the older the woman the more experience she has.

We have an old saying where I'm from: "The older the hen, the tastier the soup."

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Im assuming he chatted you up
    Was actually a bit of both, we met through a hillwalking club a few times, went for a few drinks, rest just happened.

young man old woman=super creepy. i almost threw up just seeing that youtube video preview

old man young woman= also creepy but more common. i have mixed feelings on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhaegar View Post
    As someone whos in a large age-gap relationship for the last 8 years, (I'm 29, he's 64) I feel I can offer something to this thread.
    Wow, that is quite the age gap. If the two of you get on well that is great! How did the two of you meet, if you don't mind my asking?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vhaegar View Post
    Was actually a bit of both, we met through a hillwalking club a few times, went for a few drinks, rest just happened.
    Oh never mind, I see you answered my question here. Sounds like he's still quite active for his age.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    old man young woman is ok

young man old woman is disgusting
    Are you a old man? Or just getting prepared for the future?

Personally, I would be concerned about a women much younger than me wanting to hook up because of financial reasons and not real interest apart from it. But that is not always the case and if the two are really happy, more power to them. But I would be very cautious.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2016-08-27 at 10:40 PM.

Eh, tbh, I don't care when it's people over 20. We only live once, date whoever the hell you want.

My mother and father had a pretty big age gap between them and had a wonderful marriage. My own husband is older than me as well and it's been awesome!

I really don't have an issue with age differences.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    lol thats that pedo stuff thr
    What country do you come from? Or what time, 1800's?
    17 year old are legal in Sweden and they do not look like kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

Came across a documentary on Youtube regarding age gap relationships and thought it was an interesting topic.

What's your opinion regarding age gap relationships? Do you think age gaps matter in dating? What's the largest age gap you've had between yourself and a romantic partner?

An acquaintance of mine is dating a woman who is approximately half his age, they seem to have a very normal relationship. Although he has commented to me that the two of them occasionally get awkward questions/commentary from strangers (or they assume that his girlfriend is his niece or daughter).
    It's nobody's business. Once they're treating each other properly then that is what matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my early/mid 20s, I was dating a woman in her mid/late 40s. We both had gaming in common, Everquest 1 and cooking. Good times. Sex was phenomenal because she knew what she wanted and wasn't afraid to say so in blunt terms. Lasted about 6 months. She ended it because she said she had a daughter a few years younger than I, and that as a long term relationship it wasn't fair that I'd be taking care of her when I was in my 40s.

Looking back, she did the right thing. At the time, I was devastated. We keep in touch on FB now, 15ish years later, we used to flirt a little for old times sake, and honestly it was for the best. I learned a lot on many fronts from her and the relationship, and I think I'm a better partner because of it.

I swear, with Cher as my witness, the sex was phenomenal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

My last boyfriend was 7 years my junior. I still love him and he was my best friend, but he definitely acted his age (19) and it wore on me a lot. I think as fully grown adults it shouldn't matter too much, but when you're dating someone college-aged, it's going to cause some issues no matter the gender.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's legal, go for it. I've dated all along the age spectrum, though not quite to the levels in the OP videos. When I was 17, I was sleeping with a 36 year old. That's been the biggest gap. As a 30 year old, I have slept with 18 year olds and women in their early 40s. Nothing has seemed weird to me, other than the way I have to escape their living quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Nothing has seemed weird to me, other than the way I have to escape their living quarters.
    You mention this in a lot of threads, lol. Do you let the girls know that you're just there to hit it and quit it up front? Have you ended up with some stage 5 clingers?

i am all about some cougar action

Deleted
    I think they are weird. Your partner could be younger than your kids.

Also, many of these relationships are kind of... weird:
    1. The young lady/lad marrying old man/woman with money - older man/woman wants a great date while the young wants a persopn that already has established themselves. Most seen is young woman - older man.
    2. The young lady/lad marring old man/woman - sometimes due to lack of parental figure in their life, feeling they want someone to care for them, to fulfill that role.

Sure, there are some based on love... but honestly, I think that differences bigger than 10 years are felt and generally those people don't fit so well together.

Also, the older partner doesn't really think of the younger one. I mean, think of it, let's say the relationship lasts and there's a 20 year gap at least between you. That means that assuming nothing bad happens to either of you when you're 80 and about to die, your partner is 60 and will have 20 more years to live, in his/her old age, alone. If the difference is bigger it's even worse... 40 years like in the videos? That's just crazy honestly, you'll barely get to 40 when your partner is nearing death. This also not taking in mind that after an age the health deteriorates and the younger member will need to take care of the older one. Not due to some accident or something, but rather because of the age difference. The young partner will see as the old partner fades away slowly, and died, leaving them alone when they themselves are closing on old age. It's horrible to end up alone and old.
    So, overall, I find it very selfish from the old partner.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2016-09-06 at 09:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mention this in a lot of threads, lol. Do you let the girls know that you're just there to hit it and quit it up front? Have you ended up with some stage 5 clingers?
    Yeah, I'm not the type to pretend I am looking for anything long term just to get into a woman's pants. They all are given forewarning that nothing serious will follow. I've had a few that thought they could change me and after a few sex sessions end up being clingy. It's usually the younger ones that haven't learned about casual sex yet, so I've cut down on women younger than me by more than a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Yeah, I'm not the type to pretend I am looking for anything long term just to get into a woman's pants. They all are given forewarning that nothing serious will follow. I've had a few that thought they could change me and after a few sex sessions end up being clingy. It's usually the younger ones that haven't learned about casual sex yet, so I've cut down on women younger than me by more than a few years.
    Yes...I've noticed that...in the broader context of interpersonal relationships though. It's funny how people will cling to an individual in the hopes that they will eventually become what he or she wants you to be.

Accepting people at face value tends to be a better proposition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Accepting people at face value tends to be a better proposition.
    Seriously. It's not like I mask the fact that I'm a dick lol I'm a superficial, broken man. There is no depth to good ol' Reg. That was stolen from me long ago. That's why older women, usually divorcees are great! They're usually kicking me out before I have a chance to start out on my own lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I dated someone 7 years older than me for a couple years, it was a great relationship - more of a mentor/mentee dynamic, and I really enjoyed it. But I sort of grew out of the mentee role. Now we're best of friends.

So I think it can definitely work, if both people appreciate each other for what they can offer, and understand that it won't be the same as a conventional relationship.