Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    This doesn't at all reflect what the majority of people are experiencing both subjectively and factually. so its really just you.

The only reason it doesnt appear connected, despite it being so, is because you refuse to see the connections. it doesnt appear cohesive, because you refuse to perceive it as such. It appears disconnected and incomplete, because you've just started and the story is not done.

It is just all your feelings and your jadedness. Everything is there is the game but you can no longer touch it anymore. Blizzard has brought the horse to the water, can't make it drink if it wont or cant.
    No its not me its the game. You're entire argument is defending the horrible lore of this game while saying "look it is connected".

Anyone can understand what is going on in each zone. That doesn't matter. What matters is how each zone and its characters connect together. And for me Legion doesn't have any of that.

It's all just plot convenience to make fans happy. It's as if each zone could've been its own expansion. Look at Val'sharah or Azuna. People wanted a Naga expansion so Blizzard makes a zone based on Naga and queen Azsarah so Blizzard just makes up a Zone that they're there and shes there all of a sudden (even though there should've been a raid tier for this in Cataclysm.)

Val'sharah is just them quickly running through the emerald dream expansion a lot of people wanted. So conveniently there's a Druid zone next to the Naga zone. And somehow I'm supposed to believe this is normal and realistic. And there's no build to anything that is going on. All of the most powerful druids are getting killed by this one guy that for some reason nobody can stop.

Look at Stormhiem and honestly that entire zone could've been its own expansion much like MoP. Hellheim could've been its own zone but instead we just get a boring zone with a lame Gilneas vs undead storyline pigeonholed in there for no reason other than Blizzard wants to add conflict just to add conflict like its WWE.

Again none of these zones hardly feel like they belong part of the same continent or even the same plotline. But you think that just because Blizzard connects everything by the Legion manipulating the events or the one quest from Azuna connects with the one in Stormheim somehow makes it work.

As much as I didn't like MoP, at least the zones all felt like you were playing a kung fu panda expansion. The broken Isles just feel like a bunch of unfinished plotlines they're trying to get out of the way so they can focus on one bad faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    Yes, please unsub and gtfo out of here. Blizzard does not care about subscriber numbers anymore either way so your demands fall on deaf ears, especially on MMO-Champ. You guys are acting like a bunch of 3 year olds. THREE YEARS OLD. Throwing tantrums and mommy and daddy give you what you want. That's how ridiculous and laughable you guys look.

(not towards you, Jtbrig7390, but to the person you quoted).
    I'm not mad or crying. I'm just saying the game sucks because of the amount of boring uninteresting content you have to do to remain somewhat competitive with the average player. It's like playing Destiny.

Idk why people that play these games feel like grinding a bunch of quests every day is "working for something" when its just all about putting in the time and not skill. I much prefer the WoD system where I can just log on whenever I want and just do whatever I want without feeling like I have to slave myself away on some lame grind to get or do something I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The worst part about Legion for me with regards to endgame is that the PvE aspect of the game is 100% forced on PvP players.
    Yes, you have to play the game to unlock your minigame.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    This too. It completely breaks the flow of the zone.
    Nope. It's the best thing ever and I'm glad they added it back.

Solo MMO players - >

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is all about questing. If you don't do the quests, you can't do anything. The game forces you to complete nearly every quest in the zone. And its worse at endgame when something like "world quests" is a thing.

All of the zones to me are terrible because they're not original. I feel like since Cataclysm, all of the zones created have been created with making the questing as smooth as possible rather than being made originally without the quests in mind.

I much rather have zones just have random sporadic quests randomly thrown everywhere instead of the boring lifeless hub based system we've had since wrath. And there should be less quests and more of just killing mobs where in some areas require groups of people for more exp.

I'm overall just tired of the direction Blizzard has taken the leveling process in the game. There's just way too much bloat of quests/NPC's talking/Scenarios where its feels more like a Call of Duty Campaign instead of a RPG game. The zones in legion hardly feel connected either because the storytelling is all over the place because the devs feel the need to have to represent every boring piece of the lore as possible.

It's lame.
    You are the minority, apparently. Sucks to be you.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    I am enjoying it, I am working on third 110

There's just way too much bloat of quests/NPC's talking/Scenarios where its feels more like a Call of Duty Campaign instead of a RPG game.
    I much prefer the WoD system where I can just log on whenever I want and just do whatever I want without feeling like I have to slave myself away on some lame grind to get or do something I want.
    You have a mental illness.

If you don't like grinding and questing WoW isn't the game you should be playing

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    But the leveling experience isn't longer than 5 hours...
    What are you talking about? Even like the FASTEST person in the WORLD took 6.5 hours to get to 110. I'm enjoying the ride and am at level 104 after 6 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    If you don't like grinding and questing WoW isn't the game you should be playing
    I don't mind grinding if its something that's optional or just its a one time thing. But Legion is just forced grinds at every turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually enjoying the questing. and I've leveled a shit-ton of toons so that's not easy to accomplish. the only quest I've been frustrated by so far was killing 100 demons but that didn't actually take too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Yes, you have to play the game to unlock your minigame.
    The "minigame" takes more skill than anything in PvE.

The PvE part of this game is a joke. It's all about who you know instead of actual skill. Idk how people find killing faceless scripted monsters over and over fun but whatever.

I don't mind grinding if its something that's optional or just its a one time thing. But Legion is just forced grinds at every turn.
    So I'm confused. You are mad about being forced to do quests because it feels like grinding, but you'd rather just be able to grind random mobs all the way to 110?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devia View Post
    So I'm confused. You are mad about being forced to do quests because it feels like grinding, but you'd rather just be able to grind random mobs all the way to 110?
    It's better because you're always playing your character. I like mashing buttons and when you have to deal with these awful quests where you have to watch NPC's talk or turn into a Tauren/murloc and press the same skill it starts to break the flow for me.

The game just feels extremely robotic. I play the game like a programmed bot would where I just look at where the dots are and just complete them without any connection to the game. The other players out in the world are the same as me, robotic and just running around desperately trying to complete the ordeal as fast as possible.

It's better because you're always playing your character. I like mashing buttons and when you have to deal with these awful quests where you have to watch NPC's talk or turn into a Tauren/murloc and press the same skill it starts to break the flow for me.

The game just feels extremely robotic. I play the game like a programmed bot would where I just look at where the dots are and just complete them without any connection to the game. The other players out in the world are the same as me, robotic and just running around desperately trying to complete the ordeal as fast as possible.
    I am not yet level 110 so I legitimately don't know the answer to this question: does the game ACTUALLY force you to do quests? Can you not access PvP battlegrounds or whatever it is you want to do without doing the quests? Is it like "cannot enter this BG until [X] questline is complete"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devia View Post
    I am not yet level 110 so I legitimately don't know the answer to this question: does the game ACTUALLY force you to do quests? Can you not access PvP battlegrounds or whatever it is you want to do without doing the quests? Is it like "cannot enter this BG until [X] questline is complete"?
    Technically no. But you need to do world quests if you want artifact power/order hall resources to increase the power of your artifact which matters in PvP. The artifact power you get from BG's is like nothing and its assuming you win anyway.

It's also far easier and faster to just grind heroic dungeons/mythic dungeons for gear than it is to grind pvp boxes for random pvp gear.

its feels more like a Call of Duty Campaign instead of a RPG game.
    Have you ever played an RPG before WoW? Typically the entire game is based around story, which you learn by completing various objectives and talking to people in the game world. That is precisely what we are doing in Legion, only instead of it just being one main story, it is split into multiple zone stories. You may not like the stories in Legion, but that doesn't change the fact that they have brought things much closer to a true RPG in that aspect than the game has been in a very long time.

Collecting nuts and pacifying squirrels: Ring
    Slaying Thane Irglov the Merciless: Trinket
    Listening to a ancient relay lore: Resources

Knowing that Ryan Trollheart hates it: Priceless

Deleted
    WoD just made people lazy, there is no more send your followers do stuff for you and sit in your garrison near the mission table waiting and recolting the rewards.
    you'd better adapt or leave cause this is how WoW used to and should be played.

I'm sure that some future WoD private server will be right up your alley!.
    This = the first expansion where I've gotten Loremaster without even thinking about getting it, but instead always looking for a new reason to stay in the zone and see more of the story. Suramar fills that role now with style!

The less that the game caters to the crowd that wants nothing to do outside of instances, the better. Case in point: WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Collecting nuts and pacifying squirrels: Ring
    Slaying Thane Irglov the Merciless: Trinket
    Listening to a ancient relay lore: Resources

Knowing that Ryan Trollheart hates it: Priceless
    Haha, spot on! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Maelleous View Post
    THis is the first xpac I actually LOVE questing, so they are doing something right.
    I agree with this 100%. Im the type of guy that doesnt like leveling and buys a premade when i want something new (granted i have nearly every class in the game though not through purchasable boosted toons)

OP is just whining. First ppl bitch that there is nothing to do. Now, that there is a metric fuck ton of content, ppl are complaining about that?
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel